The Omen (Remake)

Tools    

The Omen. Its a remake of the original (which I have not seen), starring Julia Stiles (interesting. . .), and how cleverly they scheduled its release date as 6/6/06

How do remakes usually fair? I'm a little iffy after seeing the trailer, but if it gets good reviews I'll probably be checking it out. If not, maybe I'll catch it on TV some time. What do we think guys?

Originally Posted by abandonedimages
How do remakes usually fair? I'm a little iffy after seeing the trailer, but if it gets good reviews I'll probably be checking it out. If not, maybe I'll catch it on TV some time. What do we think guys?
I'm looking forward to this actually. I loved the orginal. The teaser trailer doesn't show much but I do wish they would hurry and come out with the longer version. I'm the type of guy no matter how much I loved the orignal, will always check out a remake.

Originally Posted by susan
you've got to be kidding...

and i like julia stiles...
Who has got to be kidding? Me? What did I say that I must have been kidding about?

no, sorry, not you...i should have been more specific...i meant the topic...i read about this being remade the other day and i just wondered why, so i shook my head and said you've got to be kidding...

Originally Posted by susan
no, sorry, not you...i should have been more specific...i meant the topic...i read about this being remade the other day and i just wondered why, so i shook my head and said you've got to be kidding...
Heheh, ok. I'm assuming then you enjoyed the original?

Not another ruination of a good original horror film.

With a day like 6-6-06 coming up, why would you want to go see a remake of The Omen? I'd rather celebrate the day by watching a Satanic ritual being performed or something. You know, something more memorable and scary.

was just talking about the 06/06/06 this afternoon at work...thought of this one again

wasn't crazy about the first one either or the second...the third i didn't even bother with and i think i'll leave this one alone too

and jrs welcome back...sorta kinda or otherwise

I did like the first one, but none of the rest. I went and saw it at the movies with a new boyfriend, he had been telling me he wanted to buy a dog, during the movie while the dogs are tearing Gregory Pecks arm off, he says, that's the dog i want a Rotti

The first one wasn't bad... but the following two sucked… and I normally like Julia Stiles too, but just can't seem to picture her in something like this…

Hi jrs…. welcome back….

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Someone needs their fill.
Couple things: The first Omen sucked, and the remake is going to suck big time. Has anyone actually watched the trailer? Their attempt at anything eerie failed miserably. Plus, the kid is almost laughing. You can see his face twitching, so imagine what else the director may let slip.

On 6/6/6, it truely be hell for watching this film.

I'm loved the original, Gregory Peck is one of my fav actors but it's just one of those films that i really can't see any need to remake. Certain remakes i get but this i don't.

Originally Posted by Reservoir Drought
Couple things: The first Omen sucked, and the remake is going to suck big time. Has anyone actually watched the trailer? Their attempt at anything eerie failed miserably. Plus, the kid is almost laughing. You can see his face twitching, so imagine what else the director may let slip.
To me the trailer is not long enough to give a decent perspective about the movie. I'm still hoping for the best.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
The first one wasn't bad... but the following two sucked… and I normally like Julia Stiles too, but just can't seem to picture her in something like this…

Hi jrs…. welcome back….
Same here.