Favorite Obscure Movie

Tools    

"Switchback" - It wasn't a hit, but it gets shown on TNT every so often. It was a just a tight little thriller with some of my favorite actors in it. (Danny Glover, Dennis Quaid, William Fichtner).

"Hooper" - It will always take a backseat to "Smokey & the Bandit", but it was a slightly darker film that still had laughs and action.

"The Assignment" - A good thriller that may have benefitted from having a B list cast instead of bigger names.

The movie blurred not obscure YET!! but probably will go that way in a few years.

legit? I would have to say There's this movie it's a foreign flick so maybe it doesn't count but its about this guy who has an affair with this chick who is supposed to leave on the titanic. boat sinks (Duh!!) He becomes a storyteller telling of their brief fling it turns out she didn't get on the boat

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
"Hav U guyZ evr scene KIDS????!!!1! OMG it iz da best movee ever."

I don't know if it's obscure but more people need to see it. I'm talking about 8 1/2. It's a dopely satisfying movie.
I think. Is that the movie about the kids making woopy and what not?

My favorite somewhat obscure movie, though it has gained alot of popularity for some odd reason, is Dead Alive. Though since that movie has broken out I'll go with Bubba Ho-Tep.

Oh, and "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane".

What would Scooby Do?
Happiness Of The Katakuris is the best and, indeed, ost obscure film i have ever seen!

It's a foreign film about a family who move into the countryside to start a family run guesthouse. But then all the guest's start to die in weird ways and they think they are cursed.

It sounds like a boring, run of the mill horror style film, but it's more of a comedy with aspects of the sound of music...

If you like your movies on the weird side, you should see this film!

Skins
Some Mother's Son
Ironed Jawed Angels

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Gummo (1997)
Kids (1995)
Bully (2001)
Another Day in Paradise (1998)
Twist (2003)
The Doom Generation (1995)
Nowhere (1997)
Home Room (2002)

www.letsmakeamovie.co.uk
Sticky Fingers of Time - never met anyone else who has seen it...

There's no place like home
Lolly Madonna XXX -Jeff Bridges, Gary Busey, Rod Stieger(maybe)

The Other - John Ritter but he played a very small part

Daddy and Them -all star cast...Billy Bob Thorton, Laura Dern, Kelly Preston, Andy Griffin, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ben Afleck, Laura Dern's mother, that guy who played Earnest, and many others.

The Adventures of Dudey Kravits or Krapits or something - Richard Drefuss

Then there is this one movie starring Steve Martin that I don't know the name of and I only saw it one time, but not all the way through. I loved it and I would like to know the name of it. It was about this man (Martin) who helps a pregnant woman to deliver her baby. The woman dies and he raises the baby as his own daughter. She is really the illegitmate child of a well repected figure. As she grows up the real father wants to keep her and raise her. That's all I know. Like I said I never got to see the whole movie. Any help out there?

Originally Posted by Anomaly_X7
"The Mating Habits Of The Earthbound Human"

Starring: Carmen Electra, David Hyde Pierce

A strange movie but funny, It's supposed to be like a documentary for aliens about human and their mating rituals, though the narrator gets most of what’s going on wrong. It’s a bit nutty but funny as hell. Carmen Electra is younger in this film and very very hot. This was another movie I saw on HBO and had to find it on home video though I looked and looked I couldn’t find it till years later when they released it on DVD.
oh! Hey, I think I've seen that. Is the final line something like "And that's why you shouldn't blow their planet up"? Delivered with perfect deadpan timing?

I've been trying to remember the name of that movie for years.

The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes - Although this was released just last year it passed into anonimity within minutes. A beautiful movie that's let down by somewhat clunky dialogue. I'm a sucker for surrealiy and this flick had it in spades.

How to get a Head in Advertising - I caught this on channel 4 when I was a kid and it had a warping effect on me. Recently a national newspaper gave the DVD away with their sunday edition and I got to see it up again. It's from the same guys behind Withnail & I and it even stars Richard E. Grant. An outstanding comedy, black as crude oil and as flamable as kerosene. An eloquent, insightful and witty condemenation of the advertising industry and the people involved. If you're given the opportunity to see it, you simply must. It makes the new breed of left-leaning polemical documentaries look like the ramblings in the letter column of a student publication. Which, well, they practically are.

Originally Posted by pasquala
Then there is this one movie starring Steve Martin that I don't know the name of and I only saw it one time, but not all the way through. I loved it and I would like to know the name of it. It was about this man (Martin) who helps a pregnant woman to deliver her baby. The woman dies and he raises the baby as his own daughter. She is really the illegitmate child of a well repected figure. As she grows up the real father wants to keep her and raise her. That's all I know. Like I said I never got to see the whole movie. Any help out there?

That's called A Simple Twist of Fate (1994 - Gillies MacKinnon), and it is a modernized reworking of the 19th Century classic George Eliot novel Silas Marner (as with Roxanne, Steve wrote the screenplay). The movie also co-stars Gabriel Byrne, Catherine O'Hara and Laura Linney.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There's no place like home
Dear Holden Pike,
Thank you so very much. I have been trying to find out the name of that movie forever. I will try to find a copy of it somewhere now. Thank you so much. I loved what I saw of this movie. Steve Martin played a serious role in it. HE was GREAT!!
Thank you, thank you, and thank you....

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
A Thousand Clowns

Bubba Ho-Tep

Pi.
Although the Coyote is far supirior in intellect, Roadrunner always wins. Why is that? Wiley always puts forth his best effort, and no matter what, he always loses to a moron. I guess im sort of like Roadrunner. I just get by on dumb luck.

-The Collection-

Originally Posted by Southern Belle
Disney's Tuck Everlasting with Alexis Bledel and Jonathan Jackson. I really like this one and not to many people have seen it.
That was the first thing to come to my mind as well. Wierd little movie, especially for disney.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
The Rules of Attraction
Is this the film paired by Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore? I tried watching this movie twices but I just can't find the urge to finish it. It's pretty boring. IMHO

The Warriors

thunder alley (1985)
about a rock band trying to make it big

www.forumninja.com
A Life Less Ordinary

Star Wars! hhahaha

I'll go with Happiness.