What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

ebay pick-up finally came in the mail today

Pick-ups

Last lot I brought was:

Con Air
Lano & Woodly (Would you guys even know who they are?)
The Last Boy Scout
The Green Mile
Merlin

Simply because they were on a clearance special and it was cheaper to buy than rent!

I buy 2 to 3 dvds a week now. Blockbuster charges like 7 bucks to rent. I watch mostly older movies I get for 10 or 15 bucks, so why pay so much to rent? Plus, im in luck. I love those old movies, so those wal-mart 5$ bins are a godsend. Cant pass a good cheap dvd. I have several in my collection that havent even been opened. Just to good to pass.

I saw the Suncoast at my local mall was closing too. But since their stuff was 20% higher anyway, knocking 40% wasn't that great of a deal.

I bought "A History Of Violence" yesterday. I've seen it twice already (theater and airplane) and Ed Harris and William Hurt are just great in it.

When are we going to start seeing some summer movie trailers on DVD's? Hopefully "King Kong" will have something good with it.

The SQUID and the WHALE

capote
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

stranger then a drunken mime

A system of cells interlinked
A Shot in the Dark (Edwards, 1964)

My favorite Clouseau film. The one that has me laughing the most anyway....

Captain Correllis Mandolin , i bought this becuase I am currently reading the book , on the same day at the same time I bought Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, why? I love Harry Potter

The People's Republic of Clogher

Clint does impressions.....kinda.

I've never seen it, and it was really cheap.

Good value at HMV

I've never seen it - and it was cheap.

It's only recently been released on DVD in the UK

The Aristocrats! The DVD contains lots of out-takes, and expanded footage of comics telling "the joke". I personally prefer the name "The Debonairs". For me, the humour is created in the way each comic makes the joke their own, and from their manic need to out-do each other.

I picked up "Dreamer". It's not the kind of movie I'd normally watch, but it was playing on a flight I took recently and I ended up watching it. Kurt Russell is always great, but so was everyone else in the movie. Casting Kris Kristofferson as his dad was genius.

Just purchased "Office Space - Special Edition with Flair!" today. Staying in the collection for sure!

Saw 2