Hmm.. so I happend across ur family???

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Welcome to MoFo

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Everytime i read this thread's title, i keep thinking some crazy person has hunted down and stalked my family and, well...
not only are ya paranoid your right!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA mr snakebite drinker!!!What's Kool Aid? That's snakebite (blackcurrent, beer and cider) Heh! that was so wrong it just creeped me out!!!

"this is how i did it antoin i didnt save anything for the swimm back!!" heh what film is that?? LoL hmm im just bored ima sit here look like im doing something and finish the rest of my movie... then im gunna go for a walk in the middle of the night "i go out walking after midnight" hmm who sings that?? LoL u already guessed it!!!

The Ant and the Contact Lens: a true story
Brenda was almost halfway to the top of the tremendous granite cliff.
She was standing on a ledge where she was taking a breather during this,
her first rock climb. As she rested there, the safety rope snapped against
her eye and knocked out her contact lens. "Great", she thought.
"Here I am on a rock ledge, hundreds of feet from the bottom and hundreds of
feet to the top of this cliff, and now my sight is blurry."
She looked and looked, hoping that somehow it had landed on the ledge.
But it just wasn't there.
She felt the panic rising in her, so she began praying. She prayed for
calm, and she prayed that she may find her contact lens.
When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing for the
lens, but it was not to be found Although she was calm now that she was at
the top, she was saddened because she could not clearly see across the range of mountains. She thought of the bible verse "The eyes of
the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth."
She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every stone
and leaf, and You now exactly where my contact lens is.
"Please help me."
Later, when they had hiked down the trail to the bottom of the cliff they
met another party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff.
One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?"
Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it?
An ant was moving slowly across a twig on the face of the rock, carrying it!
The story doesn't end there. Brenda's father is a cartoonist. When she told
him the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he
drew a cartoon of an ant lugging that contact lens with the caption,
"Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it,
and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it
for You."
I think it would do all of us some good to say, "God, I don't
know why You want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and it's
awfully heavy. But, if You want me to carry it, I will."
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
Yes, I do love GOD. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me
functioning each and every day Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him....I
can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
(Phil. 4:13)

wow ok well im not sure where to put this and well heres easy so here goes...
im not sure how old i was though this movie scared me, i believe that it had such an effect on me cause i was not spose to watch it. i have no idea what the tittle is, lol of course. there was a woman in a see through plastic coat, wearing lingerie she was shot. i think a man that had somthing to do with birds of some sort the movie was from the 80's i want to say the man looked like that singer billy idol with bleach blonde hair it was a dark movie and the feeling was like the scene in gremlins when the father finds the mawgai dark rainy idk... ive always wanted to watch this movie as an adult if only i knew what it was lol

A system of cells interlinked
The film you are thinking of is called Blade Runner, and it happens to be my favorite flim of all time. I have seen it well over 100 times, and in fact, I just watched it last night, yet again. There is a curreent discussion about the film going on in the greneral movie section, but it is FULL of spoilers, so I recommend watching it again before heading over to that thread. I feel Blade Runner is THE sci-fi noir film, unmatched to this day, and not for lack of trying...

I will leave you with a couple pics from the film, though...

Originally Posted by Sedai
The film you are thinking of is called Blade Runner, and it happens to be my favorite flim of all time. I have seen it well over 100 times, and in fact, I just watched it last night, yet again. There is a curreent discussion about the film going on in the greneral movie section, but it is FULL of spoilers, so I recommend watching it again before heading over to that thread. I feel Blade Runner is THE sci-fi noir film, unmatched to this day,
well that was rather fast and thank you much appreciated... ill get back to you on how the second viewing....

Originally Posted by Yoda

Perhaps unreptenant souls will merely be destroyed. I really don't know...but I do doubt that hell is really the literal lake of fire and torture people think of. I think it's much more subtle than that.

I agree that we don't know much of what there is to know out there. To me, that's a sign of intelligence. Of how vast it all is. I've yet to understand how a person can see this level of complexity and conclude that no creature was behind it
I'm sorry not my place to be bringing up such old texts. Though I must say that what I had read was simply amazing, deep and very impressive for a person of your years. However that was only part of your post, posted back on 03-10-2002, 07:19 PM

I See You When You're Sleeping
You've lifted that quote directly off the 'Ernest Scared Stupid' thread.

Oh, and welcome!

Originally Posted by Sedai
The film is languidly paced, so don't expect and action film. Let the film and it's ideas wash over you!
I would like to Thank you for responding to my post... I have watched this movie over,
Everything about it is brilliant. Memories came flushing back as I watched.
I was sitting on the stairs of my baby sitters house, hiding, watching what was forbidden to me. I remembered not understanding why these people were being killed. I remember the darkness of the movie. I remember the mood, I always had though. I remember having a fear of people with albino traits, now I understand why after seeing this movie over again. (it was frightening as a child)
This movie was far ahead of its time, yet in every sense Perfect as it would have lost the essence that makes it so. You are absolutely correct in saying that it has not yet been matched. Im afraid that the likelyhood of it being matched is slim to none.
The thoughts this movie provokes are profound and exhilerating, I must Thank you again for answering my post.

"...all those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain."

If you have not answered the questions in the thread...
The thread where I analyze you!
http://www.movieforums.com/community...3&postcount=37
these wont make any sense, so you may want to take a moment and answer them to yourself or post yours for fun. Then return here and read the interpretaions...

(1) This will define your priorities in your life
Cow-Career

Tiger-Pride

Sheep-Love

Horse-Family

Pig-Money

(2) Your description of a...

Dog-Implies your own personality

Cat-Implies the personality of your partner

Rat-Implies the personality of your enemies

Coffee-Is how you interpret sex

Sea- Implies your own life

(3) Think of someone, who also knows you and is important to you, which you can relate them to the following colors. Do not repeat your answer twice. Name just one person for each color:

Yellow-Someone you will never forget

Orange-Someone you consider your true friend

Red-Someone that you truely love

White-Your twin soul

Green-Someone that you will remember for the rest of your life

Dont forget to Thank God for the blessing that you have recieved! count your blessings to the number you have stated, thank God everyday, sincerely until the day you have chosen, On this day continue to give thanks and notice all the little miracles that will be bestowed upon you. Have a wonderful day!

thank-you for reading*

I have done this one before, Like everyone who does it I got all nice answers.

I really wanted to make my own Top 100, I had it mostly set out, cutting the corners and fixing the edges. It's funny how life happens though, one moment your laughing and thinking of movies the next your crying in pain.

My cousin killed herself last night, my heart has been slivered open and prodded with a million needles. I wish that she would have come to the movies with us on my birthday. My mom was just talking to her. I remembered how heartbroken I was when KS left me, I attempted suicide, and some how got out of it. Ive been crying over a relationship thats been long dead. Wanting that relationship back, I stopped living I hadnt really stopped I just put it all on pause. Somehow this could have been avoided. If we just cared a little more, if somehow we told those people that we love them that we do, and never I mean NEVER let them forget that!! Carla I Love you. rip

Its been great reading your posts and well.... reading your post... lol never really got to know many of you. Ha! new blood that stays more than 25 posts... Well I made it past 25 posts and 59 IM's I spose I should get some kinda medal for being a newb with staying power... but then I would hafta decline cause well after the last year that I had I seriously thought that death was going to leave me alone, and now that it has not and KS had not called I need to move on in my life. I see now, ever so clear why it is that I need to get on with my social work. Suicide prevention is calling to me, I know both sides of it. I may one day get to my top 100, though it wont be for awhile.

I hope and pray that anyone who reads my posts, learns something and takes something valuable from them. (the post with meaning duh!!!)

We will not live long enough to make all the mistakes in the world... and Treat others as you would have others treat you! NOT BECAUSE THEY DISERVE IT BUT BECAUSE YOU DISERVE IT.
on that note take care and caio.