Movies You Avoided Seeing (for various reasons)

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Robert DeNiro
A clockwork orange : give me a break
Eyes wide shut: because nicole had her legs wide open
Please explain a little more in-depth why one would avoid these films. Also, Nicole didn't have her legs wide open in the film, but since you never watched it, you wouldn't know that. But hey, just keep on taking wild guesses about stuff, as it's a great way to gain knowledge and experience about film!

Alas, to each his own. Totally your loss.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Sedai
Please explain a little more in-depth why one would avoid these films. Also, Nicole didn't have her legs wide open in the film, but since you never watched it, you wouldn't know that. But hey, just keep on taking wild guesses about stuff, as it's a great way to gain knowledge and experience about film!

Yeah, besides...uh...why wouldn't you want to see Nicole Kidman with her legs wide open? That is if they had been so in the film.

The fluff movie(see other post). Not necessarily chick flicks, cuz sum chick flicks are actually good for example Chocolat, The Notebook.

The movies i try to avoid are the ones with Vin Diesel in them. Isn't obvious why?

Dances with Wolves, because my father loved it. I figured if he loved it, it must be dumb. Then I finally watched it and I thought it was really good. I hated to admit it, but it's true. However I still hate "The Big Chill," which is like my dad's all time favorite movie. Sadly i don't think we're ever gonna agree on that one...

Originally Posted by alley-kat1991
The movies i try to avoid are the ones with Vin Diesel in them. Isn't obvious why?

I have to agree except for Pitch Black, not that it is the best movie ever, but for what it is it is worth a watch I say. My kids loved The Pacifier so I guess if you are 10 than I would say hey why not. Oh well.

You're only as healthy as you feel
Originally Posted by Sedai

Is that so !?

So why is the rating of the movie is NC-17 ( That mean it's more than R )

You're only as healthy as you feel
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Yeah, besides...uh...why wouldn't you want to see Nicole Kidman with her legs wide open? That is if they had been so in the film.
Because i don't want to !

Did you think of that ??

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by 7thson
I have to agree except for Pitch Black, not that it is the best movie ever, but for what it is it is worth a watch I say.
While I wouldn't open the curtains if Mr Deisel was doing a scene from Hamlet in the garden I think Pitch Black is a decent little Sci Fi too.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Robert DeNiro
Is that so !?

So why is the rating of the movie is NC-17 ( That mean it's more than R )
No, it isn't. And I agree with Sedai, an absolute loss if you decided not to see this Kubrick gem.

But I don't care, go on with your idiotic reasoning.

(By the way, what does the MPAA rating matter?)

The type of movie I would avoid seeing is those Romantic comedies. Those movies that throughout the whole thing they try to be funny and then the main characters get into some stupid fight only to be back in each others arms at the end. Blah

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
(By the way, what does the MPAA rating matter?)
Perhaps he/she isn't old enough to see it...

The Fat of the Mailbox
After seeing the Chronicles of Narr, I've decided that I'm going to avoid movies based on old fantasy books. Why? Just ask a friends of mine.

"There is not just a lack of people of color in LOTR and the Chronicles of Narnia, those books--never seen the movies--are actively racist. LOTR is all about racial purity, and the reunification of some northern european aryan kingdom by a King who--being from Numenor "Atlantis"--is whiter than anyone else in Middle Earth "Europe." This parallels the racist mythology of The early 20th century Thule society. Of which, a young Adolf Hitler was a member.

"And out of Far Harad black men like half-trolls, with white eyes And red tongues..." Far Harad was the Arda (Arda is the name of the planet where Middle Earth existed) equivalent of Africa. No amount of equivocation can convince me that Tolkien didn't mean that.

With the Narnia Chronicles, later in the books the minions of evil are called the "calor men" and they are, of course, depicted as being non-white."

He is such a wise man.

I really wish I could have avoided Van Helsing. That movie was terrible.

Just a girl who loves movies
The Passion of Christ (or however Mel Gibson's movie was called). I avoid seeing it at all costs, even if Maia Morgenstern is in the movie (a great Romanian actress)

Titantic , just didn't feel like spending 3 hours of my life on it.

I'm a romantic at heart
I avoid seeing anything that is a horror movie or a psychological thriller. They scare the hell out of me. Example: I would never go and see When A Stranger Calls

Originally Posted by dojo
The Passion of Christ (or however Mel Gibson's movie was called). I avoid seeing it at all costs, even if Maia Morgenstern is in the movie (a great Romanian actress)
Why did you avoid seeing it?

I would quite like to see Oldboy, as I have heard good things about it, but I am also slightly afraid of it...I would have thought I was over being scared of movies by now...I am also right now this second avoiding watching Solaris which is on dvd downstairs waiting for me to watch it...

Originally Posted by adidasss
you're affraid of watching oldboy? as in, you're affraid it might not live up to your expectations?
As in, it will probably be really sick. It's not that I don't watch violent films, I just have to be in the right mood for them...