What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
What's the collection on the far right?
I love seeing "Leave it to Beaver" in the mix.
Looks like the face of David Duchovny and The X-Files.

"Hill Street Blues" season one
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I love seeing "Leave it to Beaver" in the mix.
Everyone was correct it is The X-Files

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Hazii, do you ever open them or just buy them and set 'em down on the carpet for photo-ops?
I take pictures of them before I open them to watch. Some people just type what they have bought, some link pictures or find a picture on the net somewhere, I take pictures of the dvd's I buy. It may take some time for me to get around to watching certain dvd's but I do watch every dvd I buy.

Originally Posted by hazii-One
I take pictures of them before I open them to watch. Some people just type what they have bought, some link pictures or find a picture on the net somewhere, I take pictures of the dvd's I buy. It may take some time for me to get around to watching certain dvd's but I do watch every dvd I buy.
I might try that method.

"The Legend of Zorro" - It sorta came and went theatrically, and I doubt that it's as good as "The Mask of Zorro", but it's got the same director and two leads so I'll give it a shot.

When did Sony start using their logo on the DVD releases instead of the Columbia logo? I noticed it on this DVD and on "The Fog".

High fidelity
Downfall
The breakfast club

Because I like 'em.

Got these in the mail today

withnail and I....was 2.99, bargain.

I bought Tim Burton's Corpse Bride on dvd because I watched it in the theater and it was beautiful. The animation is so perfect that it's hard to believe it's stop motion. You might dig the dvd's website if you're a fan. corpsebridedvd.com is the addy. They have some goodies that I was looking at earlier this week, like a podcast from Danny Elfman, a Poetry Contest with 3 puppets from the movie up for grabs, and other stuff. It's a great dvd, too. Lots of special features to check out. I particularly liked "The Animators..." but then again, most of the special features had good purpose. Tim Burton and co. did a fantastic job.

^I just recently bought that dvd also(Tim Burton's Corpse Bride), havent gotten around to watching it yet but I guess I will sit down and watch it some time tomorrow now.

I was given 'me and you and everyone we know' and the three 'godfather' films. I love all. Well apart from part III....

The Phantom Of The Opera 2 disc. Because I needed the extra stuff on the 2nd disc.

Flight of the Phoenix - I got it for 7 bucks http://www.dvdmarketplace.com/dvd_52152.html

looks like it might be season 6 of The X Files
"Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie. A fantasy re-created by people and places as we'd like them to be. But you know what truth is? It's that little baby you're holding, and it's that man you fought with this morning, the same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth. That's love." -Charlene
"Few do conspiracy and paranoia like Chris Carter - and even Oliver Stone never created as fascinating a couple as Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Fox Mulder (David Duchovny). Relive the moment they met - and the start of their journey to the dark side of the American psyche. All aboard for Roswell, Langley, Dealy Plaza and the Grassy Knoll."- David Zurawik

House of D

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Shoulda held off for the 14 disc Superman release coming out later this year.

Originally Posted by OG-
Shoulda held off for the 14 disc Superman release coming out later this year.
Are you joking OG or they really going to release a 14 disc superman later this year?