Movie Tab II

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A Cock and Bull Story - 4*

Very funny, reuniting the director and much of the cast of 24 Hour Party People, lots of them playing exaggerated versions of themselves as a film crew trying to film Tristram Shandy.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist (2005, Paul Schrader)

2.5/5

I'm guessing you all know the story of the gestation of this movie: Dominion was shelved after Morgan Creek balked at the lack of action and 'horror' and reshot with Renny Harlin at the helm, resulting in the dreadful Exorcist: The Beginning. The remix tanked at the box office so the production company, in a desperate attempt to save face, handed Schrader some cash to complete his vision.

Schrader's film is better than Harlin's, though that's a bit like saying Keanu Reeves is a better actor than a toadstool (hang on, that's actually a close one to call, but you know what I'm getting at). Dominion's main problem is that it looks like what it is - a hastily finished compromise. Interesting themes, shoddy execution.

The effects resemble an episode of Doctor Who and 70s Doctor Who at that, while Merrin's makeup during the finale gives one the feeling that Stellan Skarsgård has fallen asleep face down on a triple cheese pizza.

Better than the original release then but, as they say: the world's tallest dwarf is still, in fact, a dwarf.

Added Ralph Brown in this one though, which is always a bonus...

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Better than the original release then but, as they say: the world's tallest dwarf is still, in fact, a dwarf.
What really makes a dwarf? I mean I could be the tallest dwarf in the world. We just don't know do we.

Also, I watched Memoirs of a Geisha and all I can say is blah....blah.... It left me speechless, yo.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Underworld Evolution - Didn't really need a sequel but it was interesting to see some loose ends tied up. Kick ass action sequences whewre for once we can really see what these versions of vampires can do. Really gory action fun and I can't wait for the final installment of the trilogy. Plus a really hot sex scene between kate beckinsale and scott speedman, very sexy. Scott defines hottness in this movie.

Welcome to the human race...
Ghostbusters (Ivan Reitman, 1984)

2/10

Fist of Fury (Lo Wei, 1972)

7/10

I got for good luck my black tooth.
High Fidelity

Whenever I watch this movie, it's like visiting an old friend.

Marathon Man
8/10
One of the best thrillers of all time.

Bound
7/10

The Hunt For Red October
7/10

Originally Posted by Strummer521
Me and You and Everyone We Know

A real gem. Miranda July is someone to watch out for.
It was a film I thought was full of so many precious moments....so funny also.

Raising Arizona
- I will never tire of this film.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
[quote=Ophelia]It was a film I thought was full of so many precious moments....so funny also.
[b]

definitely. "You're acting like I'm a man in a book that the woman in the book meets."

I can't wait to see what film she'll make next.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Wild Strawberries - Wow, yes. Best melancholic 'life-in-a-day' redemptive road-movie ever?

Blade II - with brain fully switched off it's not bad at all. Del Toro's put in some nice touches. Prefered it to Hellboy.

Do you know my poetry?
Pickpocket, A+
1959 - Robert Bresson

El Topo, A
1970 - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Le Samouraï, A
1967 - Jean-Pierre Melville

A system of cells interlinked
Star Trek IV : The Voyage Home - Someone mentioned this film Friday, so I had to pop it in this weekend. The memories!

Mean Girls
- Ugggggggg

That girl has some guns, though, and she is a QT.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Crash ~ Loved it.
I was thinking about watching that again tonight.. anyway, I'm glad you liked it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Blair Witch
I freakin love this movie.

Friday the 13th: Jason Goes to Hell
The only thing that could have saved this movie was more boobies.

Cry_Wolf
I was freakin' surprised at how good it was.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Wall - I loved this movie, but it creeped me out. Bob Geldof with no eyebrows....brrr.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/