What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Chicken Little.... ...it wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I did get a few chuckles out of it (the lemmings part)

Ayesha

The Green Lantern
The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. Second time I saw it.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Put me in your pocket...
King Kong ~ I liked it alot. I said more about it in the King Kong thread, so I won't repeat myself here.

Fun with Dick and Jane ~ It was a fun, popcorn flick, date movie. It could be picked apart if you want to, but after a stressful month, I liked seeing something light and fun. Also, I liked Jim Carrey with Tea Leoni together...they made a good pair.

rumor has it...cute film with jennifer aniston, shirley maclaine and kevin costner...

this is kevin's best role in years....and standout performance by shirley maclaine

and btw annie...i LOVE your signature...sorry i didn't notice it earlier

get it, got it, good

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by susan
and btw annie...i LOVE your signature...sorry i didn't notice it earlier

get it, got it, good
Thank you susan.
We saw The Court Jester again recently and the whole bit just makes me smile. I couldn't decide between the chalice from the palace or the flagon with the dragon.

King Kong a fantastic film with great CGI of the Ape. The acting was good with the best performance in my opinion by Adrien Brody.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Thank you susan.
We saw The Court Jester again recently and the whole bit just makes me smile. I couldn't decide between the chalice from the palace or the flagon with the dragon.

i really should put that on again...i miss it....
my other favorite line is "Yes master. You can snap me in and snap me out."

or good stock, good battle, goodbye....

great film...thanks for that...and now back to the topic

I hope to see Hostel within the next two weeks.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by susan
i really should put that on again...i miss it....
my other favorite line is "Yes master. You can snap me in and snap me out."

or good stock, good battle, goodbye....

great film...thanks for that...and now back to the topic
I love you susan.

Back on topic...

My daughter and I just saw...

Cheaper by the Dozen 2...Ummm...as family movies go...This is not as good as Cheaper by the Dozen, but not as bad Are We There Yet? either.

On a catty note...Hillary Duff is looking way too harsh ( I liked her wholesome image before) and Steve...I love Steve...so it's hard to say this...and maybe it's just me, but he was lookin' a little botoxie to me.

The PRODUCERS (2005 - Susan Stroman)

What a great time. I had seen the original production on Broadway, and Susan Stroman managed to transfer all that fun right back to the big screen...with plenty of little changes as it was re-adapted for the cinema. Smiled and laughed and tapped my feet the whole way through. Lane and Broderick are terrific of course, but I already knew they could play their roles. And Gary Beach & Roger Bart as well. I was a little wary going in as to how the new recruits, Uma Thurman and Will Ferrell, would do as Ulla and Franz, but they were very good as well. I would have liked to see Cady Huffman and Brad Oscar back with the rest of the original cast, but I suppose a couple concessions had to be made to get the film made with a decent-sized budget. Happily Thurman and Ferrell are more than just lending their names to the poster, they pull off their roles with seeming ease (and at least Brad Oscar got a little cameo in the flick, and Cady got to play "herself" on the fourth season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"). If you haven't seen it yet but plan to, for goodness sake stay until the very end credits: even Mel Brooks himself makes an appearance (other than his two vocal cameos that he reprised from the stage production). Lots and lots of fun. As a movie experience, I'd put it on par with the 1968 original. Yup, it's that good.

GRADE: A-
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am half agony, half hope.
Brokeback Mountain

Was hesitant, not because of the content, but because it sounded melodramatic. Not the case, well done, subtle, and your heart breaks for Heath Ledger's character, Ennis.

4 stars

Johann von Goethe

Female assassin extraordinaire.
tonight, Woody Allen's Match Point. riles you up, gets you thinking. Scarlett J. was the best of the bunch. Jonathan R-M --- UGH! not his character, his acting. good lord. blech.

me likey also:

The Family Stone (although awkward/pained at times, a very good tale with a very strong, relatable core - this is the way family is - and i liked the multiple meanings of the title to the story and characters)

Fun with Dick and Jane - as it progressed, i got really worried about how they were going to wrap it up without making me roll my eyes, but they did alright. agree jim and tea are good together. oh david duchovny, i feel so sorry for you ... ehehehe

didn't like so much:

rumor has it, shirley was the best thing in it. mena suvari (sp?) was overdone. i wouldn't say this was high up on Kevin C's accomplishments. he hung around being watered-down charming and was pretty much just physically there. i guess they really sold this as an intelligent comedy and, well, it wasn't. the comedy was a bit on the forced side.

wolf creek - they sell this thing as a movie but a movie generally needs a real storyline plot and uh ... this was more like a kinda not so enlightening or helpful documentary based off something that's not really a story cuz the film makers made up what happened to the characters versus actually having some facts to base it on. it like, isn't even as good as texas chainsaw massacre, to me.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Hostel- I've never been to a hostel but I tell ya, after seein this movie I am never going to. Scared the living S**T out of me!

The Matador (2005 - Richard Shepard)

There's some good character work by Pierce Brosnan here, obviously trying to take a darkly comic left turn from James Bond. Unfortunately for him and the viewer, the movie runs out of plot and energy in the last act. Brosnan is Julian Noble, an aging, burnt-out assassin who has been successfully hiring out to the highest bidder for at least a couple decades. But the stress and amorality of the job has caught up with him, as has his age. Down in Mexico City for a quick hit he meets Danny (Greg Kinnear), an average Joe, down-on-his-luck businessman from Denver who doesn't realize how good he has it. The uncouth and obnoxious Julian, depressed over having no friends of any sort to share his birthday with, introduces himself and the two form a sort of reluctant friendship. The next day Julian decides to tell his new pal what he actually does for a living.

Unfortunately after that fairly promising set-up, a nice dark yet playful tone, and some really nice work by Pierce (the best role he's had in years, and he enjoys every second of it) the movie doesn't know where to go after that. You can do a lot worse than The Matador and it does have a few medium-sized laughs along the way, but the potential of the first half of the movie is just plain not realized in the second half. It writes itself into a corner and just sort of ends. The writer/director Richard Shepard (The Linguini Incident) has some style going for him, nice cinematography, good actors (Kinnear, Hope Davis and Philip Baker Hall are all good, but Brosnan is the standout), and nowhere to go. Too bad. Stay home and watch the vastly superior in every way Grosse Pointe Blank if you want a fresh, hysterical and well-written dark comedy about a hitman and his crisis of conscience. Go see Munich on the big screen if you want a serious, complex and action-packed story of an assassin. Rent The Matador when it's on the shelf of the videostore this summer where you won't be nearly as let-down and disappointed.

GRADE: C+

Welcome to the human race...
Last movie I saw was Cheaper by the Dozen 2 - since I had some seriously low expectations, this turned out to be better than I expected. Man, this has to be the first cinema movie I've turned up to since Wedding Crashers in October. That's a while now.