Good Night. And, Good Luck

Tools    

Half man, half machine
Anyone else excited for George Clooney’s new film Good Night. And, Good Luck? The film is about the conflict between newsman Edward R. Murrow and Senator Joseph McCarthy. Edward R. Murrow is one of my personal heroes and McCarthyism is a subject I’ve always been extremely interested in.

The reviews so far out of the Venice film festival have been very positive. Variety and The Hollywood Reporter both called it a serious awards contender.

The Trailer

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

Arresting your development

Sounds like it could be interesting. Very strong cast. I'll be interested to see Downey Jr act again after all his drug problems.

Randomly visiting for now
I am really excited about this movie! It looks like a real intellectual movie; tackling issues like media cover ups and the manipulative power of the government. It seems like a brave film that addresses controversial topics and I'm desperate to see it.

I'm thinking of taking some of my less 'movie-wise' friends to see it, but I would like to know if I'm going to far. Is it too artistic or too documentary style? I've only seen the trailer and the simple fact that it is black and white makes me nervous that they won't like it. Oh i know I'll love it no matter what but you mofos know how it is taking non-fanatics of movies who want happy endings and simple plots. Could somebody who has seen this please give me a quick take on what they thought???

there's a frog in my snake oil
Classy trailer. Looks particularly promising . Syriana is looking like it might be alright too. Clooney sure is wearing his politics on his sleeve these days (and swinging a punch at the same time )

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Golgot
Classy trailer. Looks particularly promising . Syriana is looking like it might be alright too. Clooney sure is wearing his politics on his sleeve these days (and swinging a punch at the same time )
yeah and you just have to respect him for having the guts to speak out for what he believes in.