Black Hawk Down

Tools    

I read the book this movie was based on at my old man's recommendation, and I thought it was terrific. I'm excited about the movie, even though Ridley Scott directed it - it has a terrific trailer and all. It's released wide on the 18th. Anyone else plan on seeing it?

I really don't know. Reviews seem to either love it, or hate it, but I haven't looked into that extensively. To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'm going to like it, if I do see it. Maybe I'm just tired of war movies; I don't know. If the word-of-mouth/reviews are mostly positive, though, I'll go see it. If not, I'll keep away.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's a movie you wouldn't mind seeing, especially at a time like this.

Despite Scott's direction, it DOES look very good from the trailer. We all know how trailers go though. If it looks good in the trailer, then you're probably getting all the good moments right there.

Not saying that that is the case here, but it could very well be, you just don't know.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm there, looks like a feel good, hero movie to me. Can't wait.

Originally posted by OG-
I'm there, looks like a feel good, hero movie to me. Can't wait.
I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but I hope so: it's based on a completely tragic event.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, I knew it was based on true events. Like I said before, at a time like this, it's the kind of movie that is welcomed. Maybe not by everyone, but by a few.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I wasn't being sarcastic. I get a good feeling in knowing that there are heros out there risking their lives for the sake of others......nothing wrong with that.....

No, nothing wrong with it at all: I completely agree. I just don't think it'll be a "feel good movie," at least not in the way most people use that term.

Yeah...this isn't exactly Kate and Leopold, fellas...

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm not positive, but it looked like the guy who played the bow & arrow guy in LOTR(sorry T, I forgot his name in the movie) plays a part in this movie...can anyone verify? Yay or Nay?

Yay: he plays "Pvt. 1st Class Todd Blackburn" in "Black Hawk Down" according to the all-mighty IMDB.com. The actor's name is Orlando Bloom, and his character is Legolas, BTW. I believe "BHD" and "LOTR" are pretty much his only truly major roles. I have no doubt he'll see more, though. He did a great job in FOTR.

Now With Moveable Parts
He really did. I'm going to enjoy following his career.

* how cool am I? They showed him for a split second in the preview...nailed it!

If you want a prerequisite film to see, in terms of one of the other actors -- Australian Eric Bana -- I suggest you see the film "Chopper". That's based on a true story and it is brilliant.

Trust me. He'll scare you.

Originally posted by Steve
Yeah...this isn't exactly Kate and Leopold, fellas...
Sure it is; they're both depressing, make you cry, and have the potential to be downright horrifying at times...albeit for different reasons.