What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

It's a Christmas pressie, ok? Still in the cellophane. I'm not going to watch it. I don't want to watch it/play it.

It's in a cupboard.

Ok, I'll throw it away. I feel unclean.

Look at the grinning, smarmy sh*te on the cover. How do you think I felt actually walking up to pay for the thing? Giving up smoking was easier*...

*And that's something I'm still struggling with.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man

Now I just need Dead Alive and I got all of Jackson's Movies!!
I have that on dvd too, but mine has a different cover, and the print is absolutely crap. Looks like they just took the vhs (which they dragged through a sewer first) onto a dvd. Is that one any better?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Steve Vai: Live At The Astoria, London

Why I got it? Cause Steve Vai goes whicky whicky wah wah vrooooom kacha ping ping ping ding. And because Eric Sardinas is on there too, and he is awesome to the max.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I have that on dvd too, but mine has a different cover, and the print is absolutely crap. Looks like they just took the vhs (which they dragged through a sewer first) onto a dvd. Is that one any better?
It's really good. Works well.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Went DVD mad at the pre-christmas sales, well I've been a good boy the last couple of months, and due to my Diploma I've become a virtual recluse, so the splurge was on:

Crash

Don't look now ( this film terrified me as a kid, time to face the fear )

Insomnia (Didn't think it was that great, but Al Pacino for a £5!!! )

The Pianist ( again only a £5 )

Rules of Attraction ( again wasn't that impressed, but I'll give it another go )

So I married an axe murderer ( A £5 for the best Scottish accent by a non-Scot, ho, heid move!!! Let's get pished!!! I love this film )

The Warriors ( can't resist, again only £5 )

What Dreams may come ( haven't seen this, but I've heard there are some cool visuals and effects, and there's always Annabella Sciorra )

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Had to get this

And this. Now I have double but I didn't pay for the first release I just got one off my friend who bought 4.

In the Beginning...
Crap, does it say that thing completes with the complete first graphic novel? Am I reading that right? That's one fine insert, if you ask me.

YES!! It does come with the first book, It's about palm sized instead of the normal size but it's still the full book and rocks!

In the Beginning...
It's about palm sized instead of the normal size
Yeah, that's how they print them all now. I believe they've discontinued the larger versions.

Seriously! Whoa I did not know that. I should pick up some Big copies if I see em. I got the 3rd one in the large version. and 1st in smal

Got these dvds for my gf for christmas

The Honeymooners
Fantastic 4
Havoc
Mi Vida Loca
Rollbounce
The Island

and some of wal-mart $5 dollar dvds cant recall all of them off top of my head

I just picked up 3/20 at a local record store. I got Reservoir Dogs, The Graduate and Wayne's World. Good movies, I finally got around to watching Reservoir Dogs, which I should have watched long ago. Amazing.

I actually just won an eBay auction for "Annie Hall" and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm watching a few more auctions on my Nabit, so I'll probably have a new list here soon.

Yesterday

Airplane"Dont Call me Shirley" Edition
A Nightmare on Elm Street Box Set
Boogie Nights
A Christmas Story 20th Anniversary
Edward Scissorhands Anniversary Edition

I just bought a DVD of live classical music. It's for my mom though, as an x-mas gift. Not sure that counts for this thread...

For myself, the last DVD i bought was the Alien Quadrilogy. Great set, lousy packaging. You need 9 feet just to fully open it!

Dr. Strangelove

Wheely cool bike girl
Oh, I found a copy of one of my favorites.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by coolbreeze
Oh, I found a copy of one of my favorites.
(1 of my favorites!)

For all you fine kids playing at home...

Wheely cool bike girl
Jean Reno, for a man who said very little, he said a lot. And Natalie Portman... She did exeptional. Luc Besson brought out the best in all.

Arresting your development

Originally Posted by coolbreeze
Jean Reno, for a man who said very little, he said a lot. And Natalie Portman... She did exeptional. Luc Besson brought out the best in all.
Don't forget about the villain.
Fantastic job from Gary Oldman.

I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?

Cries and whispers (criterion) - 'tis a rather good film.

Seven Samurai (criterion) - A favourite.

Ali: Fear eats the soul (criterion) - recommended by a friend, I couldnt rent it on my dvd rental service, so i just bought it.

8 1/2 (criterion) - to go with my other criterions