Movies You Wished You Lived In

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Taking a page from Cinematical, what movie worlds do you wish you could live in? What celluloid reality(ies) would be your perfect world?

1. The Goonies - "Goonies never say die." It is as simple as that. This movie is everything I ever thought about as a child. This movie is dreams.

2. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - A world in which cartoons lived among us (and could only be killed by the vile Dip!!) would be a blissful, perpetually youthful place. And yet there is the balance of the woefully sober early 1900's lifestyles. A great world, indeed.

3. Stand By Me - Yet again, a sober world whose pain is dulled by the overpowering dominance of childhood friendship. Going on adventures as a kid is what makes being a kid the same as being a king.

4. Starship Troopers - The future world of Starship Troopers is the coolest future possible. Every futurisitic flick integrates uninvented techs as commonplace utilities, but none do it in such a jolly and enthusiastic way as Starship Troopers. Not to mention if I ever had to go to war, I'd certainly want it to be against gigantic bugs and not other human beings.

5. eXistenZ - Because you'd never know...
6. Naked Lunch - ...what was real and yet its all Cronenberg.

7. Ghostbusters - Puffy, gooey giants barreling down a city? Count me in!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Under the Tuscan Sun
The English Patient (the scenes with Juliet Binoche and Sayid)
Enchanted April
Out of Africa

ETA: on further thought, ship me directly into Impromptu and I'd never want to leave.

Empire Records: I think it would be really cool to work in a store like that all day.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
well, there's the world and then your place in it. like, i want to be in the Underworld world, but would I be just a useless human or would I get to be a bad@ss like Kate? I wouldn't want to be in it unless I could be the latter.

but movies i wanted to crawl into in an ideal sense ...

Vanity Fair/Pride and Prejudice
I've always wanted to be an ethnic lady of means in a period drama and play wicked games of wit and social politics - and win.

Riddick/Serenity

Ideal scifi worlds where there are many underdogs, many worlds, many cultures, many possibilities. And a happy strange mix of old theories and new (for example, a return to old ways of dress mixed in with new space-age materials).

Harry Potter/Chronicles of Narnia

My childhood fantasies - worlds where magic and heroism are common place and accessible not only to adults, but also children.

A system of cells interlinked
Star Wars - I would need to own the Falcon, though...

1984 - Hey, that girl was easy.

ET
- I have always wanted to punch ET in the neck. This would be my chance.

Jaws - I would clean up selling Bat Shark Repellent.

A Nelson music video - Those chicks look like guys, but I bet they are easy!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Good call on Serenity, thmilin (welcome back - longgg time no talk, old timer). I love the worlds that Whedon creates and if I could be on the crew of Serenity...oh what a treat. I'll have to swap Starship Troopers out on my list and put it in.

Naturally, you'd play some kind of interesting part in that world. It'd be no fun to live in the world of the X-Men and not have mutant powers. :P

And yes, ET needs a good punch in the neck. He traumatized me as a kid. This is no joke.

Bang The Drum Slowly
The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy & also The Pirates Of The Caribbean Movies.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Originally Posted by OG-
Good call on Serenity, thmilin (welcome back - longgg time no talk, old timer). I love the worlds that Whedon creates and if I could be on the crew of Serenity...oh what a treat. I'll have to swap Starship Troopers out on my list and put it in.

Naturally, you'd play some kind of interesting part in that world. It'd be no fun to live in the world of the X-Men and not have mutant powers. :P

And yes, ET needs a good punch in the neck. He traumatized me as a kid. This is no joke.
reuniiiited, and it feeeels so goooood. irony - monsieur chris is nowhere in sight? i haven't been looking very hard though. :P

Serenity kicks Starship Troopers @ss, any day!! muhahaha. but it IS lacking in aliens. I like that Star Trek had other alien species. Same for Riddick. Elementals and necromongers and such.

yes, i'd like to be on the crew. since my skills are fairly useless in real life i'd have to take Inara's place. this means i could seduce the Captain at will and dress in fabulous clothes all the time. woo!

ET traumatized me too. he scared the sh|t out of me. i must say i never particularly enjoyed that movie.

If I can delve into a television world for a moment, I'd absolutely LOVE to live in the Cicely, Alaska of "Northern Exposure" (1990-1995, CBS). What a great community that would be...if such a place existed outside of fantasy anyway. I'd fancy myself as a nice mix of Chris, Joel and Ed. And I'd REALLY fancy Maggie O'Connell for myself (yes, please!).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I want to live in the house in the film 'Tillsammans' and listen to goran ramble about the life of porridge and indulge in removing no hair from my body. What fun that would be.

I also want to hang out with Fin, Joe and Olivia in 'the station agent'.

I would want to be in

Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Carribean (If I'm A Pirate)
Star Wars (Only if I was a Jedi)
Harry Potter (If I went to that school)
Any Tim Burton Movie (Minus Mars Attacks and Planet of the Apes)

but the main movie I wish I lived in would be "The Sandlot" I loved that movie so much and I still do. I would love just going out each day hanging with a group of friends (who actually like leaving the house) playing ball and all that fun stuff.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Welcome to the human race...
Clerks
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Big Lebowski
Star Wars
Repo Man
Akira

Sirens...I'd be Sam Neill.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Jurassic Park I mean, who wouldnt want to be running from a T-Rex.

Originally Posted by Escape
Jurassic Park I mean, who wouldnt want to be running from a T-Rex.
Someone with a death wish, obviously.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
Someone with a death wish, obviously.
Someone with a death wish wouldn't want to be running from a T-Rex?

They wouldn't want to be running, therefore they wouldn't run, therefore they'd be standing still, therefore the T-Rex would catch them, therefore the T-Rex would eat them.

Clear?

The wonderful world of The Princess Bride (1987 - Rob Reiner). Even with the Shrieking Eels, the Fire Swamp and the R.O.U.S.es, 'tis a beautiful place.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The wonderful world of The Princess Bride (1987 - Rob Reiner). Even with the Shrieking Eels, the Fire Swamp and the R.O.U.S.es, 'tis a beautiful place.

I was there last February, and it is indeed beautiful.
The cliffs of Insanity are not as big as they looked in the film, but the hill they rolled down is huge.