What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Ophelia
Buy it discounted, watch it, pass it on when you're bored....that's the christmas spirit!
I actually only bought it at all cos I liked the look of the girl behind the counter in HMV in Craigavon...

"If you spend £20 you get this for £4.99, you gorgeous man!" she chimed, saying possibly something different at the end of her sentence but I wasn't paying attention.

Alas, I'd only spent £19.99 so wiggled my eyebrows, which did the trick.

I'm beyond help...

Originally Posted by Tacitus
I actually only bought it at all cos I liked the look of the girl behind the counter in HMV in Craigavon...

"If you spend £20 you get this for £4.99, you gorgeous man!" she chimed, saying possibly something different at the end of her sentence but I wasn't paying attention.

I'm beyond help...
You bought one and got one free? I bought Jean de florette and manon des sources.

A good looking girl served me also.....and told me what a good looking man I was. Gotta remember to bleach the 'tash.

You bought one and got one free? I bought Jean de florette and manon des sources.
Good choice.

A good looking girl served me also.....and told me what a good looking man I was. Gotta remember to bleach the 'tash.
That explains my conversation then. She was pretty but desperately short-sighted...

The spirit of the beehive (El espiritu de la colmena) - sounds like a sweet film.

The sea inside - curious

Central Station - I wanted to see another Walter Salles film as I enjoyed the Motor Cycle Diaries but I want to avoid 'dark water', also its only £5.99 on play.com

One, Two, Three Trilogy by Lucas Belvaux - again curiousity sake after reading reviews.

One, Two, Three Trilogy by Lucas Belvaux - again curiousity sake after reading reviews.
I really enjoyed these movies a lot. Very clever idea, and well made. For anyone who's never heard of this project, it has a few parallel stories that sometimes overlap characters. All set in the same time and place with basically the same people, but each of the movies is in the style of a different genre: One is a thriller, Two a romantic comedy and Three a melodrama.

Unfortunately the trilogy got almost no theatrical play here in The States. Oh, well.

I bought the R2 4-disc collector's set over a year ago.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I really enjoyed these movies a lot. Very clever idea, and well made. For anyone who's never heard of this project, it has a few parallel stories that sometimes overlap characters. All set in the same time and place with basically the same people, but each of the movies is in the style of a different genre: One is a thriller, Two a romantic comedy and Three a melodrama.

Unfortunately the trilogy got almost no theatrical play here in The States. Oh, well.

I bought the R2 4-disc collector's set over a year ago.

Thrilled to hear you enjoyed it. That is the exact same set I am getting, should be here in a couple of days.

It's unfortunate they did'nt get much play over there. I have suggested some films to friends in America and they have informed me of the same, they are played on the East Coast but never quite make it further West.

offf such a great movie

Strictly Ballroom (1992)

Blind buy... but it was only $2.50...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Strictly Ballroom (1992)

Blind buy... but it was only $2.50...
Great buy for that price, it's a good film Caits.

Great buy for that price, it's a good film Caits.

Thanks Tatty, I remembered several people on here saying it was good... so, now if I can just find somewhere to watch it...

I've only seen this once, and it was £4.99. It's strange the things that catch your eye next to the cig counter - I'm sure these places know I'm coming...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing

I'm beyond help...
And just what was the "this" that she threw in for £19.99 ?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
And just what was the "this" that she threw in for £19.99 ?
Well.....the 'this' was £4.99 and was The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The £19.99 was actually a case for my iPod.

I can't imagine what you were thinking.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Well.....the 'this' was £4.99 and was The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The £19.99 was actually a case for my iPod.

I can't imagine what you were thinking.
I can't either.
In fact, I never know what I'm thinking, I just talk and see what sort of reaction I get.

One Crazy Summer. Non-stop laughs for me (but I'm also easily entertained).

I'm so pissed off right now!
I bought War of the Worlds, thinking it would be awesome.

Did a bit of Christmas shopping today...

The Who - Quadrophenia and Tommy Live with Special Guests, Concert for Bangladesh (Deluxe Edition), "Saturday Night Live" - The Best of Will Ferrell, Elf and Hero.

Arresting your development