Walk the Line, B-
2005 - James Mangold

Wings of Desire, A+
1987 - Wim Wenders

The Phantom of Liberty, B+
1974 - Luis Buñuel

Jean de florette
Manon des sources

Finally I know where the music for the Stella Artois ad comes from!

Welcome to the human race...
Warriors got a C+? How dare you!

The Warriors (Walter Hill, 1979)

8/10

Se7en (David Fincher, 1995)

7/10

Pink Floyd - The Wall (Alan Parker, 1982)

3/10 (my reasons being that the last time I watched it, ie 20 minutes ago, it was on a channel that had severely edited most of the more confronting scenes, thus making it jumpy and ruining the music and essentially the whole film. BASTARDS!!!)

Everything is Illuminated (2005) Liev Schreiber

Lolita
(1997) Adrian Lyne

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Ophelia
Jean de florette
Manon des sources

Finally I know where the music for the Stella Artois ad comes from!
Aren't those wonderful??
I watched them both with Sharon and Matt. GREAT story.

I'm immersed in Desperate Housewives, season one, right now. Lighter fare, but not nearly as light as I was expecting.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Aren't those wonderful??
I watched them both with Sharon and Matt. GREAT story.
I had to laugh, I actually thought you were talking about the ads for a second.

Yes, the films are very good

Desperate housewives, though addictive, was missing something for me. I hope you are enjoying it though.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
heh! No, I haven't seen the ads.
and yeah, I'm liking DH a lot. Do you know what it was missing for you?
Energy maybe? I don't know, the acting for me felt a tad stunted at times.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Ophelia
Energy maybe? I don't know, the acting for me felt a tad stunted at times.
OH. Yeah. Teri Hatcher is doing some campy thing that is too broad and Eva Longoria is Pinnocchia. And that woman who does the opening voiceover monologue uses exactly the same inflection on every sentance she utters. I love everyone else, though.

I really dislike Gabrielle. Don't get me wrong, she's a very attractive lady, but are we supposed to hate her, or what? She's just a gold digger, and she's unfaithful, and she gets almost anything she wants. She's a spoilt little two-timing gold digger.

I'm more of a Bree man myself.

Originally Posted by Iroquois

Se7en (David Fincher, 1995)
I just finished watching Se7en also, good movie.

Se7en 8.5/10
The Skeleton Key 6.5/10
X- Men 7.5/10

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
Abre los ojos (Open Your Eyes) - very good film. The less you know about itthe better - just go watch it!
Funny, I just got this in from Netflix. I have already seen Vanilla Sky, so I know what I am in for, but I wanted to watch the original, as many have recommended it....

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Sedai
Funny, I just got this in from Netflix. I have already seen Vanilla Sky, so I know what I am in for, but I wanted to watch the original, as many have recommended it....
I am now wondering whether to watch Vanilla Sky, or whether it will just be a pointless remake.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
I am now wondering whether to watch Vanilla Sky, or whether it will just be a pointless remake.
I really like it, but I haven't seen the original. I know opinions are rather polarized about the two films here on MoFo. many like VS better, while others like the original... Give it a shot!

I See You When You're Sleeping
I loved Vanilla Sky, it's probably one of my favourite movies. It has such a fantastic soundtrack that's worth checking out if you like the film.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Murder on the Orient Express - Silly. Why'd i watch that? (Coz it's the most camply over-acted murder mystery i've ever seen. That'd be why )

The Element of Crime (Forbrydelsens element) - Woa, couldn't finish this, despite the classy visuals and intriguing-seeming plot. The 'hypnotic-recall' dialogue was unintelligible, and Michael 'Boon' Elphick is a terrible, terrible lead actor. Nowhere near as effective as another Triers effort from the time, Europa (Zentropa).

Welcome to the human race...
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mike Newell, 2005)

5/10

The Shawshank Redemption (Frank Darabont, 1994)

9/10

Friday (F. Gary Gray, 1995)

7/10