Se7en

→ in
Tools    

I just finished watching this movir. I did a search for it on the site, and unless the search feature is broken or im bond..i never found a thread dedicated to it.

I have the platinum edition..which looks great btw...but i have a few questions..

but first i want you guys to throw in your insights on little things in the movie that may provide some insight into a moral point.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
I did a search for it on the site, and unless the search feature is broken or im bond..i never found a thread dedicated to it.
Hmm, I don't think the search engine's broken, and this site doesn't really come in braille. Anyway, I searched within thread titles only and found the following:

or im bond
James?

Appy-polly-loggies
I think se7en was one of the best Mind Thrillers to have come out in a while.. infact I ont think one has come close to messing with my head.... n e ways I do like the suddle little hints they throw in durring the movie.... but great acting and great writting..I mean who can deney Morgan Freeman~?

Here to support the villians.......
An excellent thriller with some pretty sadistic scenes, the film was wonderfully acted and very well directed by Fincher who can do no wrong in my eyes. Kevin Spacey generally creeped me out and made an awesome John Doe. One of my favourtie thrillers of all time.

District B13
With exception to Chinatown, L.A. Confidential, and Cowboy Bebop. This movie is the best neo-noir of all time.

I seem to be one of the few people who wasn't blown away by this. It was all very efficient, competently done, well acted etc. A decent thriller, even a good one.

Yet it's treated as a classic and I don't see it. I didn't find anything at special about it. The surprises weren't surprising, the shocks weren't shocking and the whole thing seemed deceptively shallow. There was nothing exactly bad about the movie, but nor was there anything great, and I think accepting solid movies as classics is setting the bar too low.

I agree with Stevo3001 on this. It was a good movie but not a classic just good.

District B13
Originally Posted by stevo3001
I seem to be one of the few people who wasn't blown away by this. It was all very efficient, competently done, well acted etc. A decent thriller, even a good one.

Yet it's treated as a classic and I don't see it. I didn't find anything at special about it. The surprises weren't surprising, the shocks weren't shocking and the whole thing seemed deceptively shallow. There was nothing exactly bad about the movie, but nor was there anything great, and I think accepting solid movies as classics is setting the bar too low.
Well, it's just my opinion, but I called it a neo-noir classic. I've seen just about every neo-noir and sub neo-noir ever made. And, like I said with the exceptions above, it is perhaps the greatest neo-noir ever.

I think "classics" is too general a term and should be broken down by genre.

I didn't mean to single you out. I've seen Se7en referred to as a classic full stop, not just a genre classic.

District B13
Originally Posted by stevo3001
I didn't mean to single you out. I've seen Se7en referred to as a classic full stop, not just a genre classic.
I don't have a measuring stick for an entire "classic". I think it is somewhat wrong to judge movies by the same criteria if not every genre floats your boat.

However, if I were to compile a "classic" list, out of 100, Se7en would surely be there.

But then again, neo-noir is what I do, so.....

I like the ending quite a bit, it was quite expected from the beginning but the delivery from it was amazing. Who would have ever guessed Kevin Spacey's character had something like that planned all along.

Originally Posted by ecardica
I like the ending quite a bit, it was quite expected from the beginning but the delivery from it was amazing. Who would have ever guessed Kevin Spacey's character had something like that planned all along.
Actually, as soon as I saw the you know what, I knew the real "what" if you catch my drift.

i like the movie very much, one of my favorite. morgan freeman was too good in the movie.

stranger then a drunken mime
this movie is also one of my favorites, kinda reminded me of Saw.. Spacey always plays a good role, another one of his greats in my opinion was Usual Suspects. The ending was awsome.

Originally Posted by Symphony
this movie is also one of my favorites, kinda reminded me of Saw.. Spacey always plays a good role, another one of his greats in my opinion was Usual Suspects. The ending was awsome.
*spoilers for Se7en*

At the time, Spacey was still an unknown to me. If I had heard his voice now, on the stairs, I would have guessed it was him for sure there.

yea no doubt....but still even when i rewatch i fail to pick up on his voice..are you sure its his?

You have yet to see my masterpiece
I just finished watching this movir. I did a search for it on the site, and unless the search feature is broken or im bond..i never found a thread dedicated to it.

I have the platinum edition..which looks great btw...but i have a few questions..

but first i want you guys to throw in your insights on little things in the movie that may provide some insight into a moral point.
I coult not find one site with audio clips form that movie, i wanted that speach that he gave at the end of that movie on my computer, that was one of the greatest movie speaches of all time

Welcome to the human race...
In regards to John Doe's voice on the stairs, it isn't. As opposed to John Doe's dull voice, it's a Bronx accent. Easily not his. Unless he can fake voices, which I doubt the character can.

Then again, maybe I'm just being anal.