Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Originally Posted by Escape
Please..please enough already. (sniff sniff) No more insults about scream.
I love those movies.

District B13
Scary Movie was the only movie to do justice to Wes Craven's debacles.

/end rant

Originally Posted by Loner
Eyes Wide Shut, absolutely hated this film.

Too many others to list.
I took up your slack - I love this movie and have seen it at least 15 times

I couldn't finish From Hell. Which is weird, I love Johnny Depp, the Hughes Brothers and the storyline, but I just kept going to sleep!

Took me three viewings to make it through Driving Miss Daisy without falling asleep, but once I watched it, I was glad I did.

Libby

Deuce Bigalow European Gigalo--I saw it for free but after 20minutes felt like someone needed to pay me for enduing it-- I saw this link SPAM removed in another forum and thought I'd love to have Rob in the backseat of the cab--how many times can you hear the word man-gina and think that it's funny---zero but it was sprinkled throughout the first 20 minutes of the movie

The Royal Tenenbaums---it's so boring I'm not going to even bother checking the spelling of the movie. I was really hurt by this movie because it had such a good cast but was just boring--I'm a fan of dry humor but this humor was extra arid--

Originally Posted by movie mommy
I took up your slack - I love this movie and have seen it at least 15 times
I can't imagine watching it 15 times I was able to watch it once, not one of my favourites? do you think I should watch it again, am I missing something?

LadyHawke

I don't know why either. It certainly isn't length. Oh well.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Mambo Italiano

Wonder Boys- I hate self-satisfied movies about self-satisfied college people. Plus it had Michael Douglas. I should never have started.

Stalker... I'm trying, I'm really trying, but it's been in one of my DVD players for a while and I can't get through more than a minute at a time.

And one I have finished, but God only knows how-

Glen or Glenda- Crashes straight through 'so bad it's good' to 'so bad you really want to die rather than watch another second'.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Originally Posted by mario12122
Kill Bill WAs absolutely awful i cant believe people actually liked it. And yes i "understood" it.
There's something to "understand" in it? KillBill isn't a serious movie:
-The plot sucks. There's absolutely no believable part in the entire movie. It seems to be made exactly to remember us every single time "It's just a movie so instead of feeling disturbed by all the violence you'll enjoy it"
WARNING: "KillBill" spoilers below
When the eyepatch woman get her nurse disguise with a red cross eye patch was specially funny. Or when the wife get out the coffin practically flying through the sand not digging out

-The characters are so shallow that I didn't care when they die in gruesome ways. I think it's funny somehow (Maybe I'm just sick) (And not counting the texan guy because he was really ugly when he died).
WARNING: "KillBill" spoilers below
It was like the wife ended up her first victim and her daughter appeared "Since I am so vengeful and at the same time hounorable I'll say that I killed your mother and when you frow up you can go after me". Or at near the end "You came all this way to kill me but I am as honourable as you so I'll let you stay with our daughter some time before I calm'ly go with you to the yard so we can have a final duel, even if I had no reason at all to kill everyone at the church that day and I would have more chances to live if I just finished you off while you was in comatose or just before I take you to the yard when you're drugged"

-The action scenes were made to be cool with all the blood and all but it was all free violence if anyone noticed. No reason or realism at all. But instead of thrilled most of them made me almost laugh
WARNING: "killbill" spoilers below
Anyone noticed that all the bad guys had samurai swords or any medieval/ancient Japan things and no one had even one gun?

And so. I restate that all this couldn't be made unnintentionally and KillBill wasn't a serious movie but rather an action movie parody. And that's the reason I liked it so much.
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
LadyHawke

I don't know why either. It certainly isn't length. Oh well.
I loved this movie, course I am a bit "redneck"

Lost In Translation-Still Don't Know Why It Won All Those Awards

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by dubabean
Lost In Translation-Still Don't Know Why It Won All Those Awards
Ah, because it's a great film. Try watching it while relaxing snug on the couch with a nice cup of tea. Let the two characters find one another between the hectic drought of their lives and the eccentricity of the ever so neon-Tokyo.

Honestly, it's great and fits in nicely this part of the year.

Van Helsing

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by MinionTV
Ah, because it's a great film. Try watching it while relaxing snug on the couch with a nice cup of tea. Let the two characters find one another between the hectic drought of their lives and the eccentricity of the ever so neon-Tokyo.

Honestly, it's great and fits in nicely this part of the year.

It all depends on your taste. As much as I can appreciate the look and feel of it, and loved Bill M. and Scarlett J., I'm not on the band wagon of Lost in Translation being as great as many say it is. I liked it very much until half-way through...then it lost me and some parts drove me crazy. I can't say I hated it, but I doubt I'll watch it again. My soap box might grow.

Different strokes for different folks.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I disagree. I thought the dreamcatcher was one of the best horror movies in years. I think one thing people have to understand about stephen King is he doesn't write like most horror movie writers do. He attacks the psychological part of the audience for the scares. He goes for the brain, the rationalizing side to scare you. I think his movies are genius and I loved all of his. Not to say I read his books. I don't. I'll admit I don't but man, his movies are great. He doesn't rely on the blood or the startles or any of that. It's all in your head and that's how he writes it. I'll always stand up for Stephen King because I don't think a lot of people appreciate how much of a horror genius he really is.
Hes no genius infact hes overrated. Some of his novels have made great movies but most of his novels have made pretty average movies and Dreamcatcher is a perfect example. It was interesting for most of the time but ended really badly. The structure wasn't thought out well enough and it just became dull and even a little random. Not the work of a genius. He should have ended it alot more coherently and made things more clever not that i have any suggestions of how he could have done this but i'm not the so called genius writer here.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by thecityoutside
Hes no genius infact hes overrated. Some of his novels have made great movies but most of his novels have made pretty average movies and Dreamcatcher is a perfect example. It was interesting for most of the time but ended really badly. The structure wasn't thought out well enough and it just became dull and even a little random. Not the work of a genius. He should have ended it alot more coherently and made things more clever not that i have any suggestions of how he could have done this but i'm not the so called genius writer here.
Your response indicated, that you have only seen movies based on King's novels. Very often a writer has little to do with film adaptations of their books. For an example take Kubrick's The Shining, in King's mind, it did such an injustice to his original work that he actually felt hurt by it and years later made his own version for tv. Many other people feel that The Shining is brilliant but the point is: it deviates a lot from King's novel. So my point is: you shouldn't base your opinion of the quality of a writer based on movie adaptations of his work. You need to read the books. If you have read the books then just ignore me but the understanding I got from your post is that you have only seen the movies which very often is much more of a reflection upon the filmmakers than the author.

Put me in your pocket...
This is Sideways all over again, eh Aniko?

Nuuuu...not at all. Well, maybe in taking a chance saying something about a movie that I know everyone loves, but that's it. I actually liked the character's in Lost in Translation (thanks to Mr. Bill and Miss Scarlett), which is why I was probably frustrated with it. In Sideways, I didn't like (even hated) all of the charcters, except one.

I don't hate Lost in Translation...I wanted to like it as much as everyone else, but I just don't. I can see if this just isn't someone's cup of tea, that's all.

Sorry Mini.

In the Beginning...
This is Sideways all over again, eh Aniko?
I actually agree with her about Lost in Translation. For me, it's more like a fine painting than an actual film. There's not much being said, so you're left with all this wonderful imagery that gets you thinking, but not much else. You look at it, watching the color changes, and the visually represented emotions, and you nod your head, and say, "Yes. Very nice." The film has a message, obviously, and I got it, and liked it - but I didn't find it as influential as everyone else.

Originally Posted by Aniko
In Sideways, I didn't like (even hated) all of the charcters, except one.
But again, that's the thing. You aren't really supposed to like them. They're just people, and that's what makes it feel so real. Hell, I don't like more than half the people I know. I can understand not wanting to watch people you don't like, but I'm all about watching anyone, so long as it's interesting.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I don't hate Lost in Translation...I wanted to like it as much as everyone else, but I just don't.
You know, Lost in Translation seems to reflect its creator, Sophia Coppola, in nearly every way. She's attractive, visually interesting, full of eccentricity, and she's got an underlying sense of intellect and deep-thinking about her - she just doesn't really much of anything to say.