Movie Tab II

Tools    

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
And I caught the end of the Masterpiece Theater mini... The Virgin Queen (2005)
Has anyone seen all of it?
I saw most of it. I wasn't familiar with any of the actors but I thought it was very well done. The actress playing Elizabeth was good but it's hard to match Cate Blanchett.

I never understood why Liz wore the thick white makeup til seeing The Virgin Queen and the smallpox episode. Elizabeth was a complex character who ran the gamut from victim to powerful monarch. It's one of history's great dramas.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Welcome to the human race...
Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy

6/10

Se7en

8/10

Brazil (restaurant scene)

10/10 (one scene only)

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I think it's great. Not exactly deep, but a good excuse to watch an actor in search of his muse (if genuine, that is).

Now is the winter of our discontent........HOO-HAA!!
What are you saying? Are you saying he was faking it? Are you saying that wasn't a real hump? My illusions are crumbling!

*sobs into hankerchief*

No, seriously tho, what are you saying? It's a put on? They staged the round-table improvisations? Say it's not so - restore my faith in the florid whimsy of actors.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Walk the Line- 3/5

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- 4.5/5

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Golgot

No, seriously tho, what are you saying? It's a put on? They staged the round-table improvisations? Say it's not so - restore my faith in the florid whimsy of actors.
Weeelllllllllll.....I dunno, it's just a feeling I got - don't have any information either way.

It wouldn't spoil the film one jot for me though if things turned out not to be quite what they seemed.

I'm also a cynical old bugger...

I'm also a cynical old bugger...
How could you mistrust ol' Al? His whole face is made of earnestness .

---

Alright, not exactly a film, but did any Brit-siders catch the first installment of Attenborough's latest nature series Life in the Undergrowth?

It's an insect-sploitation extravaganza in the mould of Blue Planet. An hour of camera-miracle micro-wonderment it was. I never thought the sight of hermaphrodite-slug-sex could be beautiful, but it freaking was. Swinging from a strand of slime n'everything. Bizarre man, thoroughly beguilingly bizarre .

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
It's an insect-sploitation extravaganza in the mould of Blue Planet. An hour of camera-miracle micro-wonderment it was. I never thought the sight of hermaphrodite-slug-sex could be beautiful, but it freaking was. Swinging from a strand of slime n'everything. Bizarre man, thoroughly beguilingly bizarre .
I am sold. And now I go about tracking it down...

Alright, not exactly a film, but did any Brit-siders catch the first installment of Attenborough's latest nature series Life in the Undergrowth?
Bugger. I forgot it was on.

Originally Posted by OG-
I am sold. And now I go about tracking it down...
Thought you'd like the idea . They've gone to the same lengths as b4. No cephalopods, and not a huge amount of sea-scapery o'course, but i wouldn't be surprised if they somehow unearth a soil-squid or two along the way .

And hey, who can argue with foot-long bat-eating milipedes and the cutest little head-butting mites that you ever did see .

Bugger. I forgot it was on.
I've got a feeling it's gonna get better as it goes on. This first one was kind of a scene-setter, with a couple of repititious themes. They've got some classy slow-mo flight stuff coming up in the next one, and I know they've done some innovative sound work in the later eps which should be cool - moth larvae 'singing' in a way that makes ants care for them and things of that sort .

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The Day the Earth Stood Still - what delicious 50's camp! Patricia Neal was lovely, all the acting was perfectly suited (even Pinnocchio Marlow) and the message is respectable, even today. It's a classic for a reason.

Harold and Maude - 5th time though and I still blub, though now at different places. I also laugh at different places, finding new things, more subtle things. More on this tomorrow in Austruck's thread.

In the Company of Men - indegestible tripe. The central characters are so disgustingly detestable that the only way this could end satisfactorily would be a double homicide. Sadly, everyone lives.

Lets put a smile on that block
did any Brit-siders catch the first installment of Attenborough's latest nature series Life in the Undergrowth?

So good!! The photography was amazing. That shot of the millipede unfolding was incredible. It looked so alien. Attenborough is a LEGEND. Love that man. I also loved the little bugs head butting eachother for sex.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I also loved the little bugs head butting eachother for sex.
Sounds like a nightclub I used to frequent in my mis-spent 20s.

The bouncers were throwing people....in.

MovieForums Extra
Sounds like a nightclub I used to frequent in my mis-spent 20s.

The bouncers were throwing people....in.

LOL!!!!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Batman Begins (2005 - Christopher Nolan)

It was entertaining.... I'll probably see the sequel.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Grosse Point Blank - it was on, and it's good. Love the script, love the acting. (And the music ain't bad either ).

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Bad Santa-
i watched this the other night too. I enjoyed it. More or less destroyed any image of Santa being nice and good for me ever again, but also increased my fondness for Mr Bob Thornton. He plays a good drunk.