Twin Peaks stuff

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Ok, I just searched the forums using the keywords "twin peaks" for threads about the tv series and found nothing.... Just so I don't get hanged or anything...

Anyways....

I've been watching season one of this fantastic tv series lately. One thing that I came to think of, and this is kind of far-fetched, is the name of that character, Ronette Pulaski. As most of you people surely know, the director Roman Polanski risks being arrested if he returns to USA because of him being convicted of statutory rape of a 13-year old girl.

In "Twin Peaks" Ronette Pulaski is a high school girl that escapes after having been raped and tortured. I just got this idea that the name Ronette Pulaski, which obviously is similar to the name of the director, was some kind of deliberate reference.

Has anyone else been geeky enough to notice this?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Yes!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Maybe!

A system of cells interlinked
Well, it's Lynch, so anything is possible, especially if Lynch met him at some point and they didn't hit it off. Still, a significant amount of time passed between the time of Polanski's case, and the sir date of Twin Peaks. The name is quite close, and the blending of alleged rapist and victim is ever so Lynchian...

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Yes!
For real?? Have you thought about it yourself or heard about it elsewhere? Or are you simply janking my crank?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Well, it's Lynch, so anything is possible, especially if Lynch met him at some point and they didn't hit it off. Still, a significant amount of time passed between the time of Polanski's case, and the sir date of Twin Peaks. The name is quite close, and the blending of alleged rapist and victim is ever so Lynchian...
Yeah, it is, isn't it. It would be interesting to ask him straight out if there's some connection or if it's just a coincident.

rhymes with Goebbels
haha, aw. I wish I went to your highschool. I've only just started getting in to twin peaks the last few months or so. Love it, so much.

I finished the 2nd season a month or so ago. ****ing loved it. Can see where Lost and Desperate Housewives get their inspiration. Did get a bit shoddy towards the end in some storylines, James should've just been forgotten, his little adventure was the biggest killer for me and the character sucked. The ending is probably the only time i've been completely glued to the screen.

Every breath you take, watching you
It's a pity there isn't more Twin Peaks on the inter-ma-net. I did some searches a while ago & found crappy old Geocities sites with shared midi files etc.

Time is ripe for a re-evaluation of the series, I think. Been too long since I saw it & I just saw an episode here & there - I shall track it down & rewatch. This thread has inspired me! Until then I'll dig out the soundtrack & drink some DAMN good coffee!