What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I've gotten alot since my last posting I think i'm sitting pretty at about 273 dvds at the moment but getting alot more now that I work at Blockbuster so I get discounts and movies before the street date its great! But the last three I got were

Yeah, I'm not a wuss.. BRING IT!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I am merely a vessel

Costed me about a hundred dollars, but it was well worth it

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
I've gotten alot since my last posting I think i'm sitting pretty at about 273 dvds at the moment but getting alot more now that I work at Blockbuster so I get discounts and movies before the street date its great!
Lucky you

The Saint (1997)
French Kiss (1995)

2 for $5...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
The Young Americans starring Harvey Keitel.
Haven't seen it in years, but I remember really liking it at the cinema, it was a more gritty and realistic take on the drug problem in the UK.
Will do a review after I watch it, hopefully I'll still enjoy it.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Office Space (special edition)
Hammett
Two for the Road
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked

..because I really dig trippy/surreal films, even if they are a bit flawed....

^^that's a shame man, i make a point of not seeing ( or buying ) remakes of films that were superior in the original version, i don't feel hollywood studios should make more money off of someone elses idea and hard work....( nikita, shall we dansu, ringu and abre los ojos ,just to name a few films that deserved to make more money )

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Cause I am a total Star Wars geek. I even like episodes I and II. they were good films for what they were. I make no apologies. heh.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by adidasss
^^that's a shame man, i make a point of not seeing ( or buying ) remakes of films that were superior in the original version, i don't feel hollywood studios should make more money off of someone elses idea and hard work....( nikita, shall we dansu, ringu and abre los ojos ,just to name a few films that deserved to make more money )
So, if you haven't seen it, how do you know which is superior?

Many actually feel VS is the superior piece of filmmaking. I can't comment as of yet, as I still need to see the original. I will probably like the original better, as well, as I tend to feel that way about most remakes (with a few exceptions). this DVD was in the bargin bin while I was shopping, and I figured for $4.99 USD, what the hell. I do know you tend to know your **** when it comes to that directors works, though, and I am sure the original is fantastic...

Originally Posted by Sedai
So, if you haven't seen it, how do you know which is superior?

Many actually feel VS is the superior piece of filmmaking. I can't comment as of yet, as I still need to see the original. I will probably like the original better, as well, as I tend to feel that way about most remakes (with a few exceptions). this DVD was in the bargin bin while I was shopping, and I figured for $4.99 USD, what the hell. I do know you tend to know your **** when it comes to that directors works, though, and I am sure the original is fantastic...
haha...well, i saw open your eyes way before i saw vanilla sky ( so in this case i can compare it, but i saw it reluctantly, there was nothin on tv that night ) and i was blown away when i saw it , so i really couldn't be objective about vanilla sky, on it's own ( if i hadn't seen open your eyes ) it would probably be a very good film too, but like this, i was very bored and annoyed they changed so little ( to the point of Penelope playing the same role ), why couldn't they just release open your eyes in the states? are americans really that allergic to subtitles? that's what my problem is, and now i hear they're doing a remake of oldboy?! good god!! it's criminal!!....especially since cinematographies arround the world have improved so much ( as far as the way the film looks and the special effects ) that they can easily compete with american films...i just don't understand it.....

Pretty lame movie, but it was only five dollars at Costco.....I got jacked

Love Zombie Movies and already have all of Romero's so decided to get this

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Bought " Revenge of the Sith " today, it's the best of a bad lot, and I actually enjoyed it, besides my Star Wars collection wouldn't be complete without it!

Still, Death to Jar-Jar!!!!

Suicide Grils first tour

The People's Republic of Clogher

Good old Amazon....