Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

→ in
Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
16 Years. Has it really been that long since Nick Park's most beloved duo began their film careers with their first short movie A Grand Day Out? Ah the memories...

Anyway, that's enough nostalgia for the moment, time to get cracking with Aardman's smashing new film and Wallace and Gromit's cinematic debut, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

With just 4 days to go until Tottington's annual Giant Vegetable Competition, Wallace and his dog, now making a living as humane rabbit disposal service "Anti-Pesto", are assigned to the task of stopping the local wildlife from spoiling the event.
However, when things take a turn for the worse, leaving the locals terrorised by the mythical creature, the Were-Rabbit, are they up to the job of stopping it?

This film is wonderful. With a script full of witty one-liners, hilarious sight gags, and enough heart to make everyone fall in love with the characters, this film proves you don't need huge budgets and enormous production houses to produce a good film (Disney, take note), and the distinctly British feel will have all us Pom's feeling right at home.

There's plenty for everyone. The superb animation and adorable plasticine bunnies for the kids, and enough film references and sexual innuendo (wahey ) to keep the parents satisfied.

One final point, if you're worried that your kids may be frightened of the Were-Rabbit, don't be. It's about as frightening as a kitten in a bow tie.

And as much as I tried to resist saying it...

Cracking Film Gromit!

Its a cute movie, I liked it as well.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
This film is wonderful. With a script full of witty one-liners, hilarious sight gags, and enough heart to make everyone fall in love with the characters, this film proves you don't need huge budgets and enormous production houses to produce a good film (Disney, take note), and the distinctly British feel will have all us Pom's feeling right at home.

There's plenty for everyone. The superb animation and adorable plasticine bunnies for the kids, and enough film references and sexual innuendo (wahey ) to keep the parents satisfied.

One final point, if you're worried that your kids may be frightened of the Were-Rabbit, don't be. It's about as frightening as a kitten in a bow tie.
Nice review Ash_Lee. I just saw it last night with my son. We really enjoyed it. Cute story, loveable characters, both subtle humor (loved the peanut butter jar on the table labeled "Middleage Spread' and obvious humor. T'was fun.

Ash...what's a Pom?

Pom = Slang for Brit

midnight stars are the prettiest
i just finished watching it today...it's a really cute movie, and it does justice to the older movies...i thought Lady Tottington and Victor Quartermain were really really funny-looking, but that just added to the humor. i believe my favorite part was the opener, which showed progressive photographs of wallace and gromit in a fight and making up afterwards...that was really creative :-D

*Donkey drinks potion*
Shrek: "So...how do you feel...?"
Donkey: "I don't know. Do I look any different to you?"
Puss in Boots: "Well, you still look like an ass to me."

I thought it was an excellent movie--or, rather, a 'claymation'--that wasn't too choppy and the characters moved smoothly.

The creators certainly had much experience.

I've watched the episodes as well as the series on TV, I had recently bought a DVD containing few of the greatest episodes.

Overall, I thought it was a great movie, anyone should see it no matter what the age

I like it, it's fun, well it has clever jokes. I really like the English humor.

A 3yr old told me the other day, that he loves this movie, a boy with taste.