The Degrees of Seperation

Tools    

Alright guys, this is a new game

I give you an actor or actress name and you have to link it to another one I give you

For Example, if I were to do Billy Bob Thornton to Brad Pitt, this is how it would be:

Billy bob thornton starred in Bad Santa, which starred Lauren Graham, who stars in Gilmore Girls, which guest starred Adam Brody, who was in Mr and Mrs Smith, starring Brad Pitt.

And to kick it off

Link Ben Affleck to Mischa Barton

RULES
1: Whoever figures it out, must construct another link thats actually possible to do, like I did with mine (I already know the answer to my above link)

2: And if you can't figure it out, then say so and I will give the answer and start another one

enjoy!

Originally Posted by Everett
Alright guys, this is a new game

I give you an actor or actress name and you have to link it to another one I give you

For Example, if I were to do Billy Bob Thornton to Brad Pitt, this is how it would be:

Billy bob thornton starred in Bad Santa, which starred Lauren Graham, who stars in Gilmore Girls, which guest starred Adam Brody, who was in Mr and Mrs Smith, starring Brad Pitt.
First of all, you aren't supposed to use TV shows for this game (most definitely not actors who may have guest starred in only one or two episodes), only feature film credits.

Secondly, in the link you tried to form between Billy Bob and Pitt you could have simply used Angelina Jolie as the only link - Thornton co-starred with her in Pushing Tin, Pitt in Mrs. & Mrs. Smith.

Thirdly I'm sure there are other degrees of separation games in the games forum.

RULES
1: Whoever figures it out, must construct another link thats actually possible to do, like I did with mine (I already know the answer to my above link)
All links are possible. Even if the actor had only appeared in one film and you had to make ten or fifteen links, you can link any actor to any other.

2: And if you can't figure it out, then say so and I will give the answer and start another one
Most will have many, many, many answers.

Such as...

Ben Affleck to Mischa Barton can go:

Ben Affleck was in Armageddon with Bruce Willis
Willis was in The Sixth Sense with Barton

or

Ben Affleck was in The Sum of All Fears with Bruce McGill
McGill was in Lawn Dogs with Barton

or

Affleck was in Glory Daze with Sam Rockwell
Rockwell was in Lawn Dogs with Barton

or

Affleck was in Changing Lanes with Toni Collette
Collette was in The Sixth Sense with Mischa Barton

And on and on and on.

Enjoy!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Enjoy!
I'm having a ball....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Ever eat potato chips?
so umm, are you guys going to do it or not?

if so

steve martin to matt damon

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Hope Davis was in Flatliners with Julia Roberts who was in Oceans 12 with Elliot Gould, who was in the cinematic masterpiece The Muppet Movie with Bob Hope.

Will Smith to Denzel Washington
Challenge!

will smith was in enemy of the state with gene hackman
gene hackman starred in the firm with tom cruise
tom cruise was in steven spielbergs minority report
steven spielberg directed saving private ryan with tom hanks
tom hanks starred in philedelphia with denzel washington

next: Dakota Fanning to Owen Wilson

will smith was in enemy of the state with gene hackman
gene hackman starred in the firm with tom cruise
tom cruise was in steven spielbergs minority report
steven spielberg directed saving private ryan with tom hanks
tom hanks starred in philedelphia with denzel washington
OR

Will Smith was in Six Degrees of Separation with Donald Sutherland
Donald Sutherland was in Fallen with Denzel Washington

And even using your first link Gene Hackman, Hackman and Denzel co-starred in Crimson Tide...so your chain was needlessly complex.

And just so you know, these games generally only allow you to use actors as links, not directors, composers, writers, etc.

Dakota Fanning to Owen Wilson
Dakota Fanning was in Man on Fire with Christopher Walken
Walken was in The Wedding Crashers with Owen Wilson

Claude Rains to Michael Caine

I am having a nervous breakdance
Dakota Fanning was in War of the Worlds with Tim Robbins who directed Cradle Will Rock which starred Bill Murray who is also in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, among other films, together with Owen Wilson.

Claude Rains was in Lawrence of Arabia and so was Anthony Quinn who also starred in The Marseille Contract together with Michael Caine.

Erich von Stroheim to Udo Kier

OR

Will Smith was in Six Degrees of Seaparation with Donald Sutherland
Donald Sutherland was in Fallen with Denzel Washington

And even using your first link Gene Hackman, Hackman and Denzel co-starred in Crimson Tide...so your chain was needlessly complex.

And just so you know, these games generally only allow you to use actors as links, not directors, composers, writers, etc.

Dakota Fanning was in Man on Fire with Christopher Walken
Walken was in The Wedding Crashers with Owen Wilson

well seeing how i was the one who started it, i think i can change some of the rules and add directors to the mix too to make it a little different

jeez, do you HAVE to change all my answers?

just stop it already, i dont comment on you being an annoying *******

jeez, do you HAVE to change all my answers?

just stop it already, i dont comment on you being an annoying *******
Wow, four whole posts and you're already slinging profane insults around. I miss you already.

Wow, four whole posts and your already slinging profane insults around. I miss you already.
Well ya do tend to bring out the worst in folks, not saying that this is a bad thing.

well come on!

you dont have to go around commenting on games to make it the way YOU want it

if i want to link an actor to a director to an actor then i can do it
theres no harm in that

and stop correcting my answers

i can make it long or short, whichever way I can answer it

jeez!

next up

justin long to tom cruise

next up

justin long to tom cruise
I also told you there are multiple existing threads of this game elsewhere on the forum. HERE for example.

And you don't get to post a new couple, as you haven't answered the Stroheim to Kier pairing yet.

I also told you there are multiple existing threads of this game elsewhere on the forum. HERE for example.

And you don't get to post a new couple, as you haven't answered the Stroheim to Kier pairing yet.

you've got to be kidding

who gives a crap?
they're both foreign

you jerk you just named two unknown foreign (is that redundant?)actors so people will just give up and not answer anymore

anyway, tom cruise to justin long

[predicted stupid smartass response from holden pike: they're both american,
next: udo kier and stroheim]

you've got to be kidding

who gives a crap?
they're both foreign

you jerk you just named two unknown foreign (is that redundant?)actors so people will just give up and not answer anymore
That's quite an attitude toward world cinema.

And I didn't name them, Genius. That was Pidzilla's post you are slamming. So you just got here and already I'm an ******* and Pidzilla is a jerk. You must have read How to Win Friends and Influence People.

anyway, tom cruise to justin long
Anyway, still Erich von Stroheim and Udo Kier.

Anyway, still Erich von Stroheim and Udo Kier.
highlight my last comment buddy

highlight the whole thing and you might find something at the bottom
and i didnt just edit it either