The Shining

Tools    

Does anyone know and is able to explain the ending of the shining, whats with the old photo with Jack in it?

Please help.............?

I have heard a few different explanations but this is the one i believe.
The Hotel took Jacks life ad his soul is trapped in the hotel just as everyone else in the picture so whenever someone dies in the hotel they are added into the picture and become a ghost in the hotel.

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
The Hotel took Jacks life and his soul is trapped in the hotel just as everyone else in the picture so whenever someone dies in the hotel they are added into the picture and become a ghost in the hotel.

Someone told me it was just added at the end to confuse, there was no real explanation for it. But hey, i'll take your explanation T-D.

Do. Because it is right.

I had always heard/read/thought that it was just to reiterate the fact that, like Grady, Jack had been at the Overlook before, in another lifetime. It's not part of the Stephen King novel, it's one of Kubrick's little "let's mess with the audience's head" additions. I don't think it's really supposed to be explained or to make sense other than just making you think that maybe Jack's soul was connected to the Overlook enough so that he kept being pulled there in different reincarnations. Sort of makes sense (if you look at it from a Kubrick-esque point of view).

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by stormygirl84
I had always heard/read/thought that it was just to reiterate the fact that, like Grady, Jack had been at the Overlook before, in another lifetime. It's not part of the Stephen King novel, it's one of Kubrick's little "let's mess with the audience's head" additions. I don't think it's really supposed to be explained or to make sense other than just making you think that maybe Jack's soul was connected to the Overlook enough so that he kept being pulled there in different reincarnations. Sort of makes sense (if you look at it from a Kubrick-esque point of view).
ooh that just gave me a chill!

If only they had sold The Shining this way...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/shining.html
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
If only they had sold The Shining this way...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/shining.html

That was great...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)