"Movie Sequel Mania Redux"

Tools    

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Is there an error on that poster what does "He will back for you" mean? I think they're lookin for "He will be back for you
I just noticed that myself. It's possible, though 'back' could be used as a verb in the slogan. I'm just guessing.

New Shot of Spacey as Lex Luthor

Source: Movieweb

Joel Silver Discusses Vendetta's Delay

EcranLarge.com has brought to Superhero Hype! the following update from the 31st Deauville American film festival:

While attending a press conference at the 31st Deauville American film festival for the presentation of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, Joel Silver was asked about the delay for the 'V for Vendetta ' adaptation:

"The 'V for Vendetta' story was written in the late 80's and takes place in a society in an alternate world and the recent events in London does not affect this scenario. At first, we wanted to release the movie in November but the principal shooting was finished just a few weeks ago and considering all the post-production work which is to be done, especially the special effects, we decided to postpone the release until March 2006.

Source: Superhero Hype!

New 'Oliver Twist ' Poster

Source: Actuacine

Second 'Creepshow 3' Teaser Now Online

Bloody Disgusting has let us know, that the official website for Taurus Entertainment's Creepshow 3 has been updated once again with the second teaser for the film's release. Entitled "Rachel the Call Girl", we finally get a taste of the FX work on the film in the clip. You can check back for the next tease on September 30th.

To visit the site click here.

The film is based on the format of the original, featuring five creepy new stories to add to the already classic anthology.

Final 'Nigtwatch' Poster

Release Date Changes

Ghost Rider (Columbia Pictures) - The Marvel comic adaptaion starring Nicolas Cage has been moved up from August 4 to July 14

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (New Line Cinema) - The prequel to the remake of the 1970s horror classic will still open sometime in October 2006, just not October 6 as initially scheduled

Source: FilmJerk

New International 'Serenity' Poster

http://www.moviespoilers.net/lectervariation.html

well I thought this series was milked and dead but, looks like i was wrong. Beware of some spoilers

hope they havent been seen/posted already
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=8532

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
http://www.moviespoilers.net/lectervariation.html

well I thought this series was milked and dead but, looks like i was wrong. Beware of some spoilers
The Lecter Variations is quite interesting. You beat me to it I was in the middle of writing the next post with the this story in it.

Originally Posted by jrs
The Lecter Variations is quite interesting. You beat me to it I was in the middle of writing the next post with the this story in it.
it happends i guess

Exclusive: 'Spiderman 3' Villians Confirmed !!!!

Website Freeze Dried Movies has learned that actor Topher Grace of 'That 70s Show' will be playing the immortal villian Venom in Sam Raimi's third installment of the Spiderman adaptation. FDM has reported a few months back, that "someone" has snagged the rights to the character of Venom off of New Line Cinema and it was reported a few days ago that Grace had been "bulking up"- so we decided it was time to put the pressure on.

Now as for the other two stars of the film. It's been confirmed that Thomas Haden Church will in fact play Sandman and that James Franco (Harry Osborn) will play Hobgoblin, and not the Green Goblin II (like in the comics) as previously predicted.

No more info can be given at this time, but this information has been confirmed with various sources and apparently it's quite well known.

Spiderman 3 hits theaters May 4th, 2007.

Source: Freeze Dried Movies

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Hope Raimi fits Brucey boy into a decent role this time, i'm thinking Carnage.
Yes, Campbell is back 'Spidey 3', but I don't think he's playing a villian.

William B. Davis Talks X-Sequel

Plans for the sequel aren't quite dead yet - at least William B.Davis (The Cigarette Smoking Man), speaking to MTV, hopes not. "I remember when we talked about it way back, just after the [TV show's] finale, but what kind of a film could I do?" he laughed. "One of the problems, of course, for me is that I'm very dead. I mean, they demolished me in the finale. I've come back from the dead a couple of times, but whether I could come back from that is a little hard to imagine."

Apparently one idea that Chris Carter has for the film is a prequel - which means Davis could return. "His point [however] was that David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] are getting older, so how far back in time can you go? And now quite a number of years have gone by. So whether the cigarette-smoking man can make a believable appearance other than a ghost, I don't know ... [but] I'd love to do it. It'd be great."

Source: MTV

No Gambit ....At Least Not for Now

According to The XVerse, the character of Gambit will not be in the next sequel, as rumoured. The site had the following to report:

"Today, Ralph Winter (one of the film's producers) confirmed to The Xverse that there is no appearance by Gambit in X-Men 3 -- but that it might be included in "the next one". This indicates that despite any possible plans to end the series with a trilogy, people involved with production are open to future X-sequels".

Will we see Gambit in 'X-Men 4'? Only time will tell.

Source: The XVerse

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: CloneWeb has a look at posters that have been appearing in Paris's subways. This one is of the rapidly-ageing Hermione.

Source: CloneWeb

'Jurassic Park 4'

Judge these for yourself....... Photos of a 'supposed' teaser poster for the third sequel Jurassic Park 4 and the film's script. To check out the pics, just click on the links here and here'.

Thanks to Moviehole for the heads up.

Full Theatrical 'Saw II' Trailer Online!

Yahoo! Movies has just posted the exclusive 'first look' at the full-length theatrical trailer for Lions Gate Films' Saw II.

You can watch the 'Saw II' trailer below:

Small Medium Large Fullscreen

Click here to watch it in Windows Media format.

While investigating the bloody aftermath of a grizzly murder, Detective Eric Mason (Donnie Wahlberg) has the feeling that it is the work of Jigsaw, the notorious killer who disappeared leaving a trail of bodies - and parts - behind. And Mason is right.

Jigsaw is at work again. But instead of two people locked in a room with only one unthinkable way out, there are eight. Eight strangers – unaware of their connection to each other -- forced to play out a game that challenges their wits and puts their lives in jeopardy.

Release Date: October 28, 2005
Director: Darren Lynn Bousman
Screenwriter: Darren Lynn Bousman, Leigh Whannell
Starring: Donnie Wahlberg, Shawnee Smith, Tobin Bell, Franky G., Glenn Plummer, Dina Meyer, Emmanuael Vaugier, Beverley Mitchell, Eric Knudsen
Genre: Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for grisly violence and gore, terror, language and drug content)
Official Website
Official Website NEW!

Source: Yahoo! Movies

New Movie Poster for 'Doom'

Universal Pictures has provided Latino Review with a look at the poster (see below) for the film Doom. The 'so-called' long-awaited adaptation of the classic video game starring Karl Urban, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Something has gone wrong at a remote scientific research station on Mars. All research has ceased. Communication has failed. And the messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's a level 5 quarantine and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad - hardened Marines armed to the teeth with enough firepower to neutralize the enemy... or so they think.

The research being done at Odluval station has unwittingly opened a door and all hell has broken loose. A legion of nightmarish creatures of unknown origin lurk behind every wall and stalk the countless rooms and tunnels of the facility, killing what few people remain.

Sealing off the portal to Earth, Sarge (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), Reaper (Karl Urban) and their team must use every weapon at their disposal - and some they find along the way - to carry out their orders: nothing gets out alive.

The film stars Karl Urban as Reaper, Dwayne" The Rock" Johnson as Sarge and Rosamund Pike as Dr. Grimm. Deobia Oparei, Ben Daniels, Raz Adoti, Richard Brake, Al Weaver and Yao Chin as members of the Rapid Response Tactical Squad and Dexter Fletcher as a wheelchair-bound communications officer co-star.

Doom hits theaters October 21st.

'Ghost Rider' Poster and 2 Stills

Latino Review got its hands on the official teaser poster from the upcoming "Ghost Rider" film, starring Nicolas Cage. It's really a better higher quality version than the one shown at this years San Diego Comic-Con.

Also, The Ghost Rider Network over at Internapse, courtesy of JoBlo, recieved 2 new production stills from the movie. The pictures feature Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze and Sam Elliott as the Caretaker.

Ghost Rider is scheduled to hit theaters July 14th, 2006.

Source: Latino Review, The Ghost Rider Network

There's treachery afoot!!!
Is Lois also married to that White guy and its their kid or did she marry him and he already had the boy?????

Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
Is Lois also married to that White guy and its their kid or did she marry him and he already had the boy?????
If you're referring to the new Superman Returns pic, Jimmy Olsen (Sam Huntington) is on the left, Clark Kent (Brandon Routh) is in the middle and Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) is on the right.

The child is Lois' and her husband's . Don't know who he is ....yet. Part of the film's story is that when Superman comes back, Lois is already married to someone else and has a child of her own.

James Marsden plays Lois Lanes love interest.

Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
James Marsden plays Lois Lanes love interest.
No no, Brandon Routh plays here love interest, James Marsden is just her husband.

Originally Posted by Jrs
If you're referring to the new Superman Returns pic, Jimmy Olsen (Sam Huntington) is on the left, Clark Kent (Brandon Routh) is in the middle and Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) is on the right.

The man to the left is James Marsden.....Perry White's son.

Kevin Spacey's pic as Lex Luthor is perfect it looks like they got him straight out of the comic book.

Joss Whedon Discusses 'Wonder Woman'

Wondr Woman
ABC Radio National recently had the chance to talk with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel" and "Firefly" creator Joss Whedon about his next upcoming project - Wonder Woman, based on the DC Comics character created by William Moulton Marston.

"We'll meet a Wonder Woman who is similar to the one from the original comics and from the TV series to an extent," said Whedon. "Neither of them are really a template. I've never loved the comics and I didn't watch the television series, but I loved the character very much."

"She doesn't really understand this world, she's very strong but she's also very naive. She's not quite as little as the girls I'm used to writing, but she's definitely one of them in the sense of she'll undergo that kind of baptism of fire that used to be relegated to the male gender. She'll have to come into the world and see how corrupt it is and learn to deal with it and with her own powers. She is kind of, in a way, the grandma of everything I've been writing my whole life, so it makes sense that we should meet."

Wonder Woman will be produced by Joel Silver and Leonard Goldberg and released worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

Source: Comingsoon.net

New King Kong Photos

Thanks to horror website blairwitch.de, they have recently posted up a bunch of brand new spanking images from the upcoming Peter Jackson film King Kong which hits theaters December 14th.

To view all the new Kong stills head over to BlairWitch.de.

Academy AwardŽ nominee Naomi Watts ("21 Grams") portrays Ann Darrow, an actress from the world of vaudeville who finds herself out of a job in Depression-era New York. Her luck changes when she meets Carl Denham, played by Jack Black ("School of Rock"). Denham is an entrepreneur, raconteur, adventurer and filmmaker who is struggling to make a name for himself in the entertainment industry. Bold, ebullient and charismatic, Denham has a natural sense of showmanship and an appetite for greatness, which ultimately leads to catastrophe. Academy AwardŽ winner Adrien Brody ("The Pianist") steps into the role of Jack Driscoll, a New York playwright, who becomes an unlikely hero in a romantic adventure story which will test his physical courage and his heart.

Andy Serkis (who performed the role of the CGI character Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy) provided both on-set performance reference and motion capture performance for the title character of King Kong. Serkis also appears onscreen playing Lumpy the cook, in service aboard the tramp steamer Venture, bound for Skull Island, under the command of Captain Englehorn, played by Thomas Kretschmann (U-571). Colin Hanks (Orange County) portrays a production assistant to filmmaker Carl Denham and Kyle Chandler (television's "Early Edition"), taking on the role of Bruce Baxter, a 1930's movie star cast opposite Ann Darrow in the film Denham is shooting.

Jackson will employ the latest motion picture technology to cinematically portray the timeless tale of the beast and his beauty. Expanding on the chapters of the tale that take place in the mysterious and dangerous jungles of Skull Island, Jackson's Kong promises to be a unique and breathtaking creation. As with his Lord of the Rings trilogy, Jackson will shoot King Kong on location in his native New Zealand.

Source: blairwitch.de

Update!!!: 'X3' Casting & FX News

XMenFilms.net has a new update on X-Men 3, including casting bits and special effects news.

Check it out:

X-Men 3
  • 12-year old Riley Cantner ( Mission To Mars, Get Carter and Life Or Something Like It) and 14-year old Sanjeen Sandhu are now part of the cast of X-Kids.. Sandhu was an undcredited student at Xavier's School for the Gifted in the second X-Men film. Both Riley anbd Sanjeen have already been on set for scenes that were shot at the Royal Roads University in Victoria, Canada last month.
  • Actor Peter Williams was up for a mutant role. They declined to say which mutant and could if another actor had been chosen for the part.
  • X2 actor Cotter Smith will NOT return as President McKenna. His reps told XMF that he'll continue to work on his new tv series Nightstalker.
    official website[/url]. Close to a hundred of their talent worked on the sets of X-Men 3 which has finished it's filming in Victoria.
  • Andrew Abud was chosen as a Chauffeur.
  • Art Hives, Peggy Daniel and Will Rogers had special makeup done.
  • James Leard as a Doctor
  • Susan Wilkey & Donlea Maxwell as Nurses.

Many of their teens were chosen as students for several days continuity.

Also, Academy award winning effects house Digital Domain are on the verge of signing a deal to deliver some of the visual effects shots on X-Men 3. The company's credits include X-Men, Fight Club, Day After Tommorow, Titanic, Lord of The Rings and I, Robot.

Finally, here are some new crew additions -
  • Art Director - Chad Frey (MI: 3, Memoirs of a Geisha, Hulk)
  • Production Supervisor - Jason McGatlin (X2, War Of The Worlds)
  • Conceptual Artist - James Clyne (Minority Report, Troy, War Of The Worlds)
  • Storyboard Artist - Tim Burgard (Superman Returns, Ali, Terminator 2)
  • Scenic Artist/Designer - Wojciech (Voytek) Nowakowski (K-19 Widowmaker)
  • Previsualization Artist - Shane Cook ( XXX 2)
  • Digital Artist - Thomas Reppen (Aeon Flux, Day After Tommorow).

For more, read the article here.

Source: XMenFilms.net

Julian McMahon Talks 'Fantastic Four 2'

IESB.net caught up with Julian McMahon, who played Dr. Doom in Fantastic Four, and asked him about the sequel:

"Fox is moving forward on a sequel to Fantastic Four, that film made lot's of money and will make loads more with the DVD release, we have been told to expect to start shooting next year" says McMahon. He added that he has been told that Dr.Doom is expected to have some help this time around. When asked if the Puppet Master will lending a hand he said that he couldn't comment.

To read more on McMahon click here

Source: IESB.net

Kilmer Joins 'M:i:III'- DarkHorizons reports actor Val Kilmer will have a small role in Mission: Impossible 3 as the new head of the MIF-Team. Kilmer's scenes were done in Italy.

Source: Rope of Silicon

Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman on the Set of 'X3'- New photos of Jackman as Wolverine on the set of X-Men 3 are online thanks to just jared.

Source: just jared

Can anyon see the King Kong photos, I can't.