Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Half man, half machine
I'm ashamed to say that I had to give up on Lawrence of Arabia the first time I saw it (I was 13). I was only ready for it's awesome power when I was in my late teens.

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

Originally Posted by labonte18
I know 90% of the people here may be offended by this, but the 2 movies that came to mind are

The Godfather i tried a few times, but it was just boring to me, then i read it was 3 hours long and i said forget it.

Lord of the Rings I was excited to watch this but after about 20 minutes I was so uninterested I just turned it off, i got to the part where they were dancing at some village gathering, bored the hell our of me and i didn't know what was going on.

I attempted to watch these movies but I too couldn't get through them. I even tried reading The Godfather but put it down after the first chapter and never went back.

Originally Posted by gummo
I didn't like it either, however I did get through it.
Me too, I very rarely turn a movie off, but sometimes you have to turn Mr Segal off

was anyone able to finish watching the Ladykillers (Ethan Coen, 2004, Joel Coen, 2004). That was just horrible, and it stems from the acting. I am a fan of the Coen's, for the most part, but this movie was just, bad!

Originally Posted by biko523
was anyone able to finish watching the Ladykillers !
I finished watching it and yes at the beginning i didnt like it at all, but then it wasnt so so bad, i think i wouldnt see it again but there were some interesting moments in it

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lawrence of Arabia is another one I didn't finish

Suspect's Reviews

I recently rented A Very Long Engagement and I did finish it but it was difficult. After seeing Amelie a few years ago and loving it, I had to check this one out to see if Jenuet and Tautou could engineer another magical film. Unfortunately, I would have probably enjoyed this movie a lot more if I hadn't seen Amelie because a lot of the same quirks and cute little things from Amelie are repeated in this movie. I couldn't help but roll my eyes every time it happened. Very disappointed even though it's a solid movie on its own.

Lord of the Rings 2. I had just arrived from a trip abroad and was still adjusting to the time difference and jet-lag... I actually managed to sleep through about 60% of that movie in the cinema - LOL!

AA
http://www.publishedauthors.net/aa_spaceagent/
"The ultimate dream adventure awaiting humanity..."

Can we try with real bullets now?
Rented Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow I watched about 20 minutes then decided I'd rather go buy some more shoes I think I made the right decision

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I'll watch almost anything, even really bad movies I can find humor in. I hated Killer Tomatoes because it tried to be funny and failed miserably in my opinion. By the way, anyone ever see Skid Kid?

Gangs Of New York...it was so boring.

Taking care of planet Earth
Originally Posted by chirpy_sabz
Gangs Of New York...it was so boring.
Really? I loved it, saw it twice at the cinema and have seen it several times since on DVD.

I couldn't finish Anchorman, I walked out of the cinema. Mainly because there were loads of kids in there messing about but I think if the film was a bit better I might have put up with them and finished watching it.

Surprisingly, I can't ever turn off or walk out of a movie, I'm too optimistic. I'm always holding on, hoping the movie will improve. I've definitely been burned a couple times as a result of this.

District B13
Originally Posted by gummo
Some of you will probably be offended but I couldn't get through Kung-fu Hustle. I fell asleep during the first 1/2 hour. My friend keeps telling me to rent it again and watch it but I think I will fall asleep even sooner. Maybe someday I can get through it, maybe I am just not in the mood for this type of movie right now. It sounds funny, but...
Oh my Lord, that is the SAME exact thing that happened to me, every single word applies.

Recently, the only movie I've actually left was final destination because I thought it was too scary, apparently I was retarded on that day.

Most recent movie I napped through was Bewitched, I tried to stay awake but I eventually just succumbed and didn't wake up until the credits.

anchorman--God how horrible. I like will a lot but this movie was just too much. i eventually did finish it but....UG.

signs--awful

The responses here seem so wide and varied..braveheart? I thought it was great! Some of the other films...why couldn't you tell from the title? Didn't someone mention dude where's my car? think about this "Hey honey I've got a great idea there is this movie playing down at the cinema called dude where's my car, sounds like oscar meterial to me!" really now. So if you are that person let me save you some time. There is a movie coming out called zathura. Go rent jumanji and save the trip to the theater. Or, better yet, just watch the commercial on television for zathura and you've pretty much seen it. But don't get me wrong, I too will watch just about any movie out there horrible or not, and you WILL get burned doing this.

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Oh my Lord, that is the SAME exact thing that happened to me, every single word applies.
I didn't fall asleep watching Kunb fu hustle, I instead turned it off after the first 10 minutes. Looked ridiculous and the dubbed voices didn't help. Just not my kind of film I guess. I borrowed if off a friend so no money loss there. I had a feeling I would hate it but hoped I was wrong hence the reason I got it in the first place.

Most recent movie I napped through was Bewitched, I tried to stay awake but I eventually just succumbed and didn't wake up until the credits.
Only film I had a nap during was that James Bond flick about 6 or 7 years back. Not the movies fault. I had like 2 hours sleep that day and like the trooper I am, went to the movie since I promised my buddy early on that week.

I Will Shrink You
spy kids
planet of the apes
the notebook

and in not a bad way 'requiem for a dream" because i couldnt take it at that time and i havemnt got around to watching the rest of it.

hmm i enjoyed kung fu hustle a lot.

1. sgt. bilko (walked out of the theater)
2. super star
3. a night at the roxbury