Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bogart
Does nobody here like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?
I like it loads.
I had some problems with it, mainly centering around the character of Joel (or the absence of a character for Joel... what a nebbish) but I liked the story, themes, art, and Kate Winslet a whole lot.

I turned off Dr Strangelove BUT!!! have been talked into giving it another go please put your phasers back on Safety!

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I turned off Dr Strangelove BUT!!! have been talked into giving it another go please put your phasers back on Safety!
I didn't finish it either, it is the only Kubrick film I didn't like.

I thought I was the only one

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Ooohhh.....I hope you have fun.

George C. Scott is so incredibly funny in it. Even his minute facial ticks make me laugh.

My quote is one of my favorite lines and makes me bust a gut every time I hear the big serious bear, Sterling Hayden, say it.

And of course Slim…I always loved Slim…especially when he rides nukes.

…and Sellers in all his glory.

…and a script so perfectly human that it stands the test of time.

Kubrick had a way of doing that.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Game over man..Game over!
Dr.Stranglove was great! "NO fighting in the war room!"

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Don’t worry, Cassidy. There are plenty of slobbering fans of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here at MoFo. Personally…it’s one of my five favorite romance films.

I did see a lot of people get up and leave the advance screening I went to. It was a packed house in an auditorium that housed over a thousand. There were also plenty of disappointed Dumb & Dumber - Carrey fans complaining outside after the show.

Same thing happened when I went to see Soderbergh’s Solaris, and all the peeved fans of action sci-fi left an hour into it. Adam Sandler - Waterboy fans split a half hour into Punch-Drunk Love, which is also a favorite romance flick of mine. Most recently, it was Sin City that split a theater audience.

I kinda like it when that happens and I’m on the winning side by enjoying the picture. Especially when I fall in love with it like I did Eternal Sunshine, Punch-Drunk Love, and Sin City. I feel…privileged.
Ah, what would I do without Slay. You said it man. I also like to stand around outside the theater to listen to what folks have to say about a film. Sometimes I have to bite my tounge while listening, though. I loved both Eternal Sunshine and the SOlaris remake. I think Solaris is Clooney's most personal performance, and the film is shot wonderfully. Kubrick would have smiled when he saw how Soderbergh lensed the film. People complain that the film is slow, but to that I say...I like slow films. The Age of Innocence comes to mind as another film I get complaints about pacing etc. about. I love just floating sround with the camera in films like these. Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorite romance films as well, and I think all involved play their parts splendidly. More and more these days, films take the safe route, the easy route, and it's refreshing when films like Eternal Sunshine come along.

To add to the thread....

Phantom of the Opera - May I just say again...Joel Shumacher is THE WORST director ever.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Phantom of the Opera - May I just say again...Joel Shumacher is THE WORST director ever.[/quote]

C'mon Sedai, he did direct Batman Forever and Batman &... oh wait, never mind, you're right.

Sorry, can't seem to figure out how put the quotes in those fancy boxes like everyone else

You can either choose the reply option in the bottom right corner of the post you want to reply to or it's

[quote= (the name of whoever you're qouting)} the quote [/quote]

(the '}' is actually a ']' btw)

Legally Blonde
Lost in translation
Monster(Charlize Theron)
Million Dollar Hotel
Trainspotting
secret window
national security
Gothika
Kill Bill Volume 2
Lara Croft

hide and seek
moulin rouge
evita
eternal sunshine
war of the worlds
bewitched

Some of you will probably be offended but I couldn't get through Kung-fu Hustle. I fell asleep during the first 1/2 hour. My friend keeps telling me to rent it again and watch it but I think I will fall asleep even sooner. Maybe someday I can get through it, maybe I am just not in the mood for this type of movie right now. It sounds funny, but...

Originally Posted by gummo
maybe I am just not in the mood for this type of movie right now. It sounds funny, but...
I know what you mean that happens to me sometimes

i remember last year´s summer, me and my boyfriend wanted to go to the cinema and didnt know what to see, so we went to see I, robot
we left the cinema in less than 20 minutes i think since then i think twice which film to see
it happened with other films too but this is the one i remember now

I wasn't at the movies but I hired this movie out called Sickle. It seemed pretty good by the cover (big mistake). It was supposed to be a horror flick but it seemed like a school project. Such bad acting and little action..

Signs was probably the wrost movie i've ever seen, that was just terrible.

Originally Posted by biko523
Signs was probably the wrost movie i've ever seen, that was just terrible.
You are the only person I have met, who Hasn't liked Signs except me
keep it quiet as a lot of people here like it

Originally Posted by nebbit
You are the only person I have met, who Hasn't liked Signs except me
keep it quiet as a lot of people here like it

I didn't like it either, however I did get through it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Platoon Best Picture???? It was boring for me.
Dead Man Walking Didn't interest me.
Belly TERRIBLY BORING

Suspect's Reviews

Man of La Movies
I know that it won Halle the best picture Oscar, but Monster's Ball has to be one of the most horrible and depressing movies I've ever seen. I held out and finished it, but when I was done, I REALLY wished I had turned it off. Halle was good, but that movie SUCKED!

I know 90% of the people here may be offended by this, but the 2 movies that came to mind are

The Godfather i tried a few times, but it was just boring to me, then i read it was 3 hours long and i said forget it.

Lord of the Rings I was excited to watch this but after about 20 minutes I was so uninterested I just turned it off, i got to the part where they were dancing at some village gathering, bored the hell our of me and i didn't know what was going on.