What's currently the most prized item in your DVD collection and why?

Tools    

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by susan
all three versions of brazil....
What is brazil?

Originally Posted by Misirlou
What is brazil?
Terry Gilliam's Brazil (1985)

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Terry Gilliam's Brazil (1985)

Originally Posted by jrs
Finally rented Amélie the other day, and went straight to Best Buy late this afternoon and added it to my collection.
You hadn't seen it yet? I'm amazed.

I'm glad you liked it, though. Have you seen any other Jeunet films?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You hadn't seen it yet? I'm amazed.

I'm glad you liked it, though. Have you seen any other Jeunet films?

Saw Delicatessan which I give
and Alien 4, though I do wanna see A Very Long Engagement.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by jrs
though I do wanna see A Very Long Engagement.
Do not hesitate. I just saw it and I seriously think it's flawless.

Originally Posted by jrs
Saw Delicatessan which I give
and Alien 4, though I do wanna see A Very Long Engagement.
Please don't lump Alien: Resurrection along with Jeunet's other films. It was written by a guy who mainly wrote for television. He had no clue how to write that film adequately, let alone well. Hell, he’s writing the new Wonder Woman movie, that ought to tell ya’ something. It's certainly not a real Jeunet film like Delicatessen, The City of Lost Children, Amélie, and A Very Long Engagement.

...and what are you waiting for with A Very Long Engagement? Get off your ass, jerz!

Do you know my poetry?
I love Amélie and A Very Long Engangement, but Delicatessen was a huge disspointment given that it was Jeunet. The film is just far too odd and seems like the story is forced with visuals overlacking a not very good story alltogether. But, those are just my thoughts on it, I'd grade it a C+ for some funny situations, but I think it failed at what it was trying to do.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Please don't lump Alien: Resurrection along with Jeunet's other films. It was written by a guy who mainly wrote for television. He had no clue how to write that film adequately, let alone well. Hell, he’s writing the new Wonder Woman movie, that ought to tell ya’ something.
I think you are being a bit harsh on Whedon. It wasn't really that he had no clue how to write the film adequately, more that there was a clash of vision and what he wrote ended up getting changed so that some of it didn't make sense, what you got in the end was kind of a mash of his original story and Jeunet's ideas which didn't really work.

Can anyone help me find a decent copy of City of Lost Children? I've wanted it for a while now and keep finding english dubbed copies, plus it's deleted in region 2.

Hard to choose.
(OP means out of print, or so i believe)
-I have a signed Book Of The Dead (signed by Bruce Campbell)
-OP Memento CE
-OP Abyss CE
-OP Fight Club CE
-Criterion Collection Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Videodrome, or Life Aquatic.

Thats all I can think of right now, its hard to decide.

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)

Other than that, I am more proud of my complete, or almost complete collections, which include:

Tarantino (All Collector's Edition)
Fincher (All Collector's Edition, except Panic Room, but maybe panic room ce soon)
The Living Dead Trilogy
Alien Quadrilogy+AVP+Predator 1 CE/Predator 2 SE
Rodriguez collection-spy kids trilogy and the Faculty
All LOTR Box Sets
Amityville Horror Collection
Several John Carpenter movies
Back To The Future Trilogies
American Pie Trilogy
etc....

Originally Posted by SpaztheGeek
Rodriguez collection-spy kids trilogy and the Faculty
Does your Rodriguez collection include El Mariachi, Desperado, and Once Upon A Time in Mexico? How about From Dusk Till Dawn? It's not even a Robert Rodriguez collection without those!

Taking care of planet Earth
Hmm, I think I would say my Leone "Dollars" trilogy. All special editions with fold-out digipack packaging:

Picture and sound are excellent, plus they all have lots of extras and just look great up there on my shelf.

A system of cells interlinked
Please don't lump Alien: Resurrection along with Jeunet's other films. It was written by a guy who mainly wrote for television. He had no clue how to write that film adequately, let alone well. Hell, he’s writing the new Wonder Woman movie, that ought to tell ya’ something. It's certainly not a real Jeunet film like Delicatessen, The City of Lost Children, Amélie, and A Very Long Engagement.

...and what are you waiting for with A Very Long Engagement? Get off your ass, jerz!
The guy? Lol, you mean Joss Whedon? I think Joss is a fantastic writer, and I love his shows. I am in the camp that it was a clash of vision, because Joss can definitely write. Still, I wonder why they chose him for the project, as the Alien mythos aren't anywhere near his style. I will agree that he was probably a bit overwhelmed and out of his element, but his writing skills are damn good and he has a massive cult fanbase. Actually, he penned 12 issues of Astonishing X-men somewhat recently that I thought were just great. He seems to be dabbling in various mediums, and he has a new Sci-Fi film coming out based on the little known but wonderful Firefly series....