'The' Mofo DVD Collection Thread

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I sense a bit of a Madchester vibe there, Thursday, and anyone with Withnail & I and Black Books in their collection gets a from me.
Thanks for not being really mean about the meagreness of my collection, spag In my defence, I only buy movies I like and mostly watch rentals.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
Thanks for not being really mean about the meagreness of my collection, spag In my defence, I only buy movies I like and mostly watch rentals.
Quality not quantity... I've only got season 2 of Black Books (still waiting for 1 & 3 to arrive from Screenselect) myself. It was one of those shows that I'd keep forgetting was on and would only catch 10 minutes at a time. It's got a real Fawlty Towers vibe.

Here's my collection, if you're interested. It needs updating though.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Tac, my good fellow, make a DVD Aficewhatevernado list, they're well snazzy!
That sounds like work...

I've only recently started keeping DVDs in alphabetical order, rather than in a big wooden chest (no Jordan jokes please).

Yeah, i thought it would be a lot of work, but it's worth it, couple of hours. 20 minutes a week and you're done and have them all nicely presented.

Yeah, i thought it would be a lot of work, but it's worth it, couple of hours. 20 minutes a week and you're done and have them all nicely presented.
I know, doing it now.

I may be some time...

Planning on doing it all tonight then?

I'm waiting to add most of them to my wishlist (no, that's not being lazy)

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Here's my collection, if you're interested. It needs updating though.
Cool. I wish I had Blade Runner on dvd (only have the cinematic (not director's cut) version on vhs) but it is not to be found at the moment

Parky, you get all your Kurosawa from the rather expensive prices in HMV, or is there somewhere cheaper?
I usually buy them off Play.com.

At the the time they were cheaper than the Criterion editions. But now some of the Criterion editions are actually cheaper. So I'll sell those vanillas one day, and fork out some money for the Criterions.

I also need to change my editions of and Jules et Jim.

A system of cells interlinked
Follow the link in my sig to see mine.... I am pretty sure it is up to date...

A couple of these are getting sold/traded... Like say..League of Extraordinary Gentleman....and my crappy edited version of Leon...

Originally Posted by Sedai
Follow the link in my sig to see mine.... I am pretty sure it is up to date...

A couple of these are getting sold/traded... Like say..League of Extraordinary Gentleman....and my crappy edited version of Leon...
Nice one.

I counted 60-ish that I own too - so it must be good.

Click for my super-duper DVDaficionado-ised list

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...zed%26confused

The list badly needs updating btw
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."