Regionless DVD players?

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I've heard alot about these, and I was wondering if they exist and wondering where on earth I could find one. There are certain DVD's i'd like to purchase that are not of region 1 encryption. Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
It's easier to unlock your own DVD player so that it's multi-region. There are web sites with codes for all players, can't think of any of the top of my head, possibly ;
www.dvdreviewer.co.uk
Good luck!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I forgot that multi region DVD players seem to a UK bonus. I have quite a few nifty imports, they're very handy.

Wheely cool bike girl
This question has been a 'pet pevie' of mine for a long time. I made complaints to Toshiba (falling on deaf ears) after I purchased my laptop 2 years ago. I do a LOT of traveling and when renting a movie anywhere in the world I have to re-set my regional code but Toshiba, in their infinite wisdom gives one only 5 changes, then it is SET on the last code you use. How arbitrary!
Thanks for those website which I will check out. Any other contributions would be welcome on this subject.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by coolbreeze
This question has been a 'pet pevie' of mine for a long time. I made complaints to Toshiba (falling on deaf ears) after I purchased my laptop 2 years ago. I do a LOT of traveling and when renting a movie anywhere in the world I have to re-set my regional code but Toshiba, in their infinite wisdom gives one only 5 changes, then it is SET on the last code you use. How arbitrary!
Thanks for those website which I will check out. Any other contributions would be welcome on this subject.
I think that's pretty standard on all DVD drives and there's definately software out there to combat the problem but, as I never watch movies on my PC I haven't a clue what the software is.

Sorry.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
I've heard alot about these, and I was wondering if they exist and wondering where on earth I could find one. There are certain DVD's i'd like to purchase that are not of region 1 encryption. Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.
On DVD Beaver he raves about a JVC that goes for $81.50 on Amazon.

Here's the link JVC XV N412SL multi region code free zone free DVD player .

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Download DVD Region Free for your laptop
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Wheely cool bike girl
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused
Download DVD Region Free for your laptop
Thanks! I had seen something like this a few years back and forgot the URL or what is was called. I have it bookmarked now and will get it soon as I return to the States.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It seems I have one, and it's a JVC. By a stroke of luck, I bought it knowing nothing of all this "region" business.

edit: I was so wrong about this. My player not only isn't region free, after searching for days for a code to unlock it, I discovered there is none for the player I have.

Wheely cool bike girl
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
It seems I have one, and it's a JVC. By a stroke of luck, I bought it knowing nothing of all this "region" business.
When the time comes for me to get a DVD player and not need to use my laptop, I too, will shop for that Regionless player. Maybe when all people are buying those types of players the DVD makers will get the idea! ... ya think?????

Nah!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
When the time comes for me to get a DVD player and not need to use my laptop, I too, will shop for that Regionless player. Maybe when all people are buying those types of players the DVD makers will get the idea! ... ya think?????

Nah!
It's a better world you see, coolbreeze.
May we live to see it!

I thought my dad had a region-free DVD player once. I bought the Martin Scorsese Collection from America, and tried Goodfellas in his player and it worked. And so did the others. But as it turns out, it was just the DVDs that were region-free.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
I thought my dad had a region-free DVD player once. I bought the Martin Scorsese Collection from America, and tried Goodfellas in his player and it worked. And so did the others. But as it turns out, it was just the DVDs that were region-free.
Nearly every DVD player can be made regionless by entering a specific code using the remote control

Wheely cool bike girl
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused
Nearly every DVD player can be made regionless by entering a specific code using the remote control
Except for those players in computers, sadly.

the JVC XV-N312 is a regionless dvd player, and it can play NTSC and PAL dvd's, also Play dvd-r, dvd+r, vcd, mp3, svcd, photo cd, audio cd, and other formats, is very slim, the disc tray seems to be weak but it's working fine until now, I buy it past december, it cost +- $50 USD.

Except for those players in computers, sadly.
Simply download DVD Region Free and you won't have a problem

the JVC XV-N312 is a regionless dvd player, and it can play NTSC and PAL dvd's, also Play dvd-r, dvd+r, vcd, mp3, svcd, photo cd, audio cd, and other formats, is very slim, the disc tray seems to be weak but it's working fine until now, I buy it past december, it cost +- $50 USD.
I have that dvd player & on the back it states it's region 4. I have never tried other region dvds in it, but i really want to buy this dvd of ebay which i can't get in shops & it's a region 1 dvdv! & i can't find a hack code to make it regionless any 1 help???

The People's Republic of Clogher
I have that dvd player & on the back it states it's region 4. I have never tried other region dvds in it, but i really want to buy this dvd of ebay which i can't get in shops & it's a region 1 dvdv! & i can't find a hack code to make it regionless any 1 help???
I checked here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks and it shows no hacks. A 'hack' in this instance is nothing more than entering a few numbers on the remote, by the way.

The post where the guy said his was region free was written a couple of years ago and I don't see them posting here anymore.