Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Originally Posted by Iroquois
These are the movies I couldn't finish, for varying reasons (ranging from movie length to not wanting to see the rest)

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull

Oh, who am I kidding? There are too many.
Well, you're in good company. Nobody here likes any of those films.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Man...this is a terrible thread for people who feel compelled to defend fine film.

A nightmare even!

*gasp*
I know it! Psycho not suspenseful? I don't even know what to say to that. Well, except: try it again, and keep in mind that because of the fame and reputation that precedes the film, you probably already knew what was going to happen.

These are the movies I couldn't finish,

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull
This is a joke......................right?

Festen, i have finished it, but after one hour of trembling camera and people saying bull****, killer instincts began tearing my consciousness apart..

A system of cells interlinked
These are the movies I couldn't finish, for varying reasons (ranging from movie length to not wanting to see the rest)

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Seven Samurai
Raging Bull

Oh, who am I kidding? There are too many.
Are you serious?? Since when does long = bad? That makes no sense whatsoever...

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I've walked out on a few movies myself.

Spy Kids 3-D game over- The first one was "OK" the second I have not seen yet, the third was a joke. It sucked in all ways possible. Bad acting, bad story, poor view on what video games are like.

The Forgotten- I did not exactly walk out on this one, but I was about too.

The Never Ending Story III: return to fantasia- I did not walk away from this one. I just turned the VCR off.

-TheButcher

Movie Forums Member
Outland (1981)

Game over man..Game over!
Tank Girl = poop

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Got about half way through Suicide Club and turned it off. I usually like this sort of movie but for some reason just couldn't get into it.

Be Cool

the only movie that i have ever started watching and then stopped before halfway was enternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Uh, Irreversible.. it was 1.00 AM, it took ten minutes to make me sick and i went to bed a bit disturbed (i read somewhere they used ultrasounds we humans can't hear but that make us sick).. sick.

Some may disagree with me here- but i turned off Resevoir Dogs in the first 10 minutes. Seeing Quentin trying to act in that diner- oh my god- it was disgusting. Eventually a friend of mine got me to watch it again, although i skipped the beginning. Its a shame that some of the acting was actually good, but i had to be basically strapped down to finish it.

Originally Posted by Tbj
Uh, Irreversible.. it was 1.00 AM, it took ten minutes to make me sick and i went to bed a bit disturbed (i read somewhere they used ultrasounds we humans can't hear but that make us sick).. sick.
Yeah, i think that's true. Great film though. Was 10 minutes enough to see the guys face smashed apart?

Proud Member of the Soprano Family
Originally Posted by the3pointassassin
the only movie that i have ever started watching and then stopped before halfway was enternal sunshine of the spotless mind
I loved Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! I suggest you give it another shot. Oh and I stopped watching the original version of Game of Death. It was horrible and I wouldn't wish a viewing of it upon my enemies.

Eating you Since 1984
I'll second: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

boring as all hell... i dont care about the Montaug project...

Proud Member of the Soprano Family
Does nobody here like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

Originally Posted by Cassidy Bogart
Does nobody here like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?
Don’t worry, Cassidy. There are plenty of slobbering fans of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here at MoFo. Personally…it’s one of my five favorite romance films.

I did see a lot of people get up and leave the advance screening I went to. It was a packed house in an auditorium that housed over a thousand. There were also plenty of disappointed Dumb & Dumber - Carrey fans complaining outside after the show.

Same thing happened when I went to see Soderbergh’s Solaris, and all the peeved fans of action sci-fi left an hour into it. Adam Sandler - Waterboy fans split a half hour into Punch-Drunk Love, which is also a favorite romance flick of mine. Most recently, it was Sin City that split a theater audience.

I kinda like it when that happens and I’m on the winning side by enjoying the picture. Especially when I fall in love with it like I did Eternal Sunshine, Punch-Drunk Love, and Sin City. I feel…privileged.