What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Ahh, if only, sadly my student loan will just cover my housing expenses...
That's a bugger, PT.

I was quite lucky, 'cos I graduated back in the days of Student Grants.

Here to support the villians.......

Brought this because I had heard really great reviews, and I'm a sucker for Gary Oldman.

Had heard good reviews, not my usual type of movie but I thought it looked interesting.

Fancied a romantic comedy.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by BullTaco
24 Season Two....

Why?: I just got done with Season 1 and I am hooked!!!! This IS the best show on television right now..IMO
It is good, but I must ask...Have you seen the new Battlestar Galactica? It has surpassed 24 for me at this point....

Constantine, very nice DVD.

Romper Stomper (1992) ... Why? Cause, if I remember right, Nebs said it was good...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Romper Stomper (1992) ... Why? Cause, if I remember right, Nebs said it was good...
It is but is very graphic I own it

Did anyone actually like Constan- 'let's smash as much glass as possible' -tine?
Keanu Reeves couldn't act himself out a paper bag. His three acting stances were wearing thin, his confused, sad and angry faces didn't fool me after Reloaded.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
No. Way. 24 pwns.
No, it doesn't. I pwn, at warcraft DO you play? Anyway, have you seen BG? Two years ago I would have stood fast by 24, swearing up and down that it was the best. I think it has quite a few BIG flaws though. First off, the ever-rotating cast is lame, man. How does one gain an affinity for any characters when they change the entire cast, save one or two people every season? I also feel that during each exciting season, they invariably fall write themselves into a position where they have to insert an extremely goofy and ridiculous plot thread just to keep characters busy during the 24 hours. Let's consider one from each season:

Season one: Instant Amnesia for Mrs. Bower (Bauer?). Huh? This was totally lame, and had me laughing and shaking my head for three episodes, but then...she is all of a sudden OK, right when she needs to be. That said, this season rocked and had many, many cool twists, and a cool bad guy.

Season two: Watch out Kim, giant cats!! WTF???

Season three: This is the weakest season, in my mind, and had a TON of events that were preposterous, and completely unbelieveable. The show got way slicker, and lost it's gritty feel. Samuals was one of the worst bad guys I have ever seen. I kept thinking they had hired some waiter to play the part.

Season Four: I liked this more than three, and the final 8 hours was exciting and fun, reminding me of how the show used to be. But...but..the middle section was terrible, with the useless head of CTU and her daughter Maya (terrible, terrible writing), and I could tell the writers were hip deep in rewrites and just didn't know what to do with the slew of ****ty characters they had added to the cast. The show lost sohesion completely. They somehow pulled it together for the end, but I almost stopped watching the show during the middle 8 hours...

I know, I know...It's friggin Battlestar Galactica, how could it be good? It's not good, it's fantastic, thought provoking, and interesting. IMO, some of the best TV ever produced.

Watch the episode where Starbuck interrogates a prisoner, it's mind blowing...

Originally Posted by jrs
Well, if someone were to buy it ...yeah.

I don't know, it could have been for like a joke or something, or for the free comic. Or they hadn't seen it before, y'know like, some people who don't live at cinemas.

Originally Posted by Sedai
No, it doesn't. I pwn, at warcraft DO you play? Anyway, have you seen BG? Two years ago I would have stood fast by 24, swearing up and down that it was the best. I think it has quite a few BIG flaws though. First off, the ever-rotating cast is lame, man. How does one gain an affinity for any characters when they change the entire cast, save one or two people every season? I also feel that during each exciting season, they invariably fall write themselves into a position where they have to insert an extremely goofy and ridiculous plot thread just to keep characters busy during the 24 hours. Let's consider one from each season:

Season one: Instant Amnesia for Mrs. Bower (Bauer?). Huh? This was totally lame, and had me laughing and shaking my head for three episodes, but then...she is all of a sudden OK, right when she needs to be. That said, this season rocked and had many, many cool twists, and a cool bad guy.

Season two: Watch out Kim, giant cats!! WTF???

Season three: This is the weakest season, in my mind, and had a TON of events that were preposterous, and completely unbelieveable. The show got way slicker, and lost it's gritty feel. Samuals was one of the worst bad guys I have ever seen. I kept thinking they had hired some waiter to play the part.

Season Four: I liked this more than three, and the final 8 hours was exciting and fun, reminding me of how the show used to be. But...but..the middle section was terrible, with the useless head of CTU and her daughter Maya (terrible, terrible writing), and I could tell the writers were hip deep in rewrites and just didn't know what to do with the slew of ****ty characters they had added to the cast. The show lost sohesion completely. They somehow pulled it together for the end, but I almost stopped watching the show during the middle 8 hours...

I know, I know...It's friggin Battlestar Galactica, how could it be good? It's not good, it's fantastic, thought provoking, and interesting. IMO, some of the best TV ever produced.

Watch the episode where Starbuck interrogates a prisoner, it's mind blowing...
Yes, you are true about all of that, but shucks, i just really enjoy it.

Teri was a sucka which was why Nina popped her, damn straight too.

In Season 4, when Tony came back, i think i actually came there and then.

I played Warcraft once and decided to harrass some fool by chasing them around (i don't really 'game' and had no idea what i was doing- was it you by any chance?).

Are you referring to the 70s Battlestar Galatica, i havn't seen any newer version. If so, then yeah, i like it, in a retro cheese kinda way. Though i'm guessing there is a newer one and i'll be sure to catch it when it's (if ever) shown.