What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Special Edition Sedai?
Nope. Was bargin bin hunting and got it for 10 bucks, the SE was 30. This transfer seemed pretty damed good, considering the age of the film.

Dead Man with Johnny Depp

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Dead Man with Johnny Depp
What did you think of it Cait?

The World of Henry Orient, cos I managed to upset Julie Andrews' ignorant fans.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
What did you think of it Cait?

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.… but am hoping to tonight and will let you know what I think…

EDIT: Finally had a chance to watch Dead Man and thought it was absolutely brilliant… I loved the 'fade to black'... Depp, as always shines… but then so did Gary Farmer… I'm going to look for the soundtrack this week... Neil Young rocks...

I just bought the cult classic, "Special Agent Hudson Marr". Or as I like to call it, "Cruella Devil Meets James Bond".

Has anyone else seen this movie? I would start a topic on it if there's enough interest. I'm always looking for people who can pick out the references/homage to certain James Bond films and villains.

BTW, it's suitable for all ages! You can watch it with the kids (although they probably won't get all the Bond stuff).

Just got the first season of The Twilight Zone as an early birthday gift.

D. E.B.S---my friend wanted to see it

Originally Posted by hazii-One
D.E.B.S---my friend wanted to see it
Sounds like you need new friends.

And why in Heckfire did you buy the blasted thing?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
" The Pope of Greenwich Village ", hey I was feeling nostalgic!!!
I haven't watched this for about 15 years, it was on sale for Ł3, I also picked up " A Prayer for the Dying ", " Animal Factory " and " Pushing Tin " all at Ł3!!!!
So for Ł12, I got 4 great movies, its even more amazing when you consider that HMV were selling " Crossroads " with Britney Spears for Ł16!!!!
No, I was not tempted to trade my 4 movies for Britney's!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
" A Prayer for the Dying "
"In yer Jackies!"

history *is* moralizing
Memento Mori, ultimate edition, only zone 3!, 6!!!!!!! dvd's, plus that pretty girl's diary...!
A Tale of Two Sisters, 2 dvd box
Casablanca

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Sounds like you need new friends.

And why in Heckfire did you buy the blasted thing?
It's That bad? *note to self*

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Just bought " A bridge too far " special edition on sale, remember it vaguely as a kid, some cast in this movie!!!
Also bought a 2 disc documentary " Paradise lost, the child murders at Robin Hood Hills ", have read so many reviews on this, and I am looking forward to watching it with an unbiased mind!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Arizona Dreams, just coz Black Cat, White Cat and Time of the Gypsies don't seem to be out on DVD. Stoopid reason, but i've been using a lot of those recently .

Slayer - War at the Warfield
Tenacious D - Complete Masterworks