V for Vendetta

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Comic Book Resources is reporting that the Alan Moore mini, V for Vendetta, is currently the next project for the Wachowskis, who will be producing this film. No word on the director as of yet, but final talks are being held with Warner right now...

history *is* moralizing
wow! i didn't know.. thanx for the news Sedai! Moore is one of my faves, and i was hoping to see a better Swamp Thing movie soon too, but then again, in the same genre, if everything goes like planned, we should be granted the pleasure of seeing Constantine and even Watchmen before V...

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
wow! i didn't know.. thanx for the news Sedai! Moore is one of my faves, and i was hoping to see a better Swamp Thing movie soon too, but then again, in the same genre, if everything goes like planned, we should be granted the pleasure of seeing Constantine and even Watchmen before V...

I am not holding out too much hope for Watchmen, as yet another director (Anofsky this time) has bailed off of the project, adding more delays. Couple this fact with the obvious difficulty of the project, and I think that whatever we do get, will be sub-par. V for Vendetta seems a bit more achievable at this point. Moore is also one of my favorites, although he is pretty much all done at this point, from what I have read. Hopefully after his break he will come back with some fresh ideas and some cool new stories. Meanwhile, I ingest whatever Ellis, Busiak, Bendis, and Straczynski I can get a hold of...

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Sedai
Meanwhile, I ingest whatever Ellis, Busiak, Bendis, and Straczynski I can get a hold of...
you may be right about Watchmen... but it's so hard to give up hopes...
Planetary, with the visuals of Sky Captain, would be a real great movie... man, you're mentioning my faves before i even can get a chance to do so!
and if DD movies ever had the level of Bendis' comics...
and what about all that talk a while ago about making a movie of Rising Stars?? this is real movie material (and the kinda story where one doesn't have to be a comic fan since years - like we are, i guess) (but of course, if the filming pace is the same like the releasing pace of the famous booklets...)
you and me could sign a petition in the meantime...
(shouting) we want 'em we want 'em!!

This has nothing to do with this movie, but it reminds me of the made for tv movie that I was an extra in. It was filmed in my home town and they needed some extras to stand around the side lines in a few scenes in the movie. I was one of them. The movie is called "Vendetta"(1999) starring Christopher Walken.

history *is* moralizing
are you on the cover somewhere? ;-)
uhh... maybe you'll get to be an extra in V for Vendetta too!!!!!!!!

history *is* moralizing
so for those who - i don't know HOW!! - still live without having read any comicbooks, and still think they can enjoy completely Spiderman 2 and X-Men 3 (some day... soon??) and etc etc...
:

http://www.shadowgalaxy.net/Vendetta/

http://abyss.hubbe.net/comics/rs/pg1.html

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...0788477794.htm

http://www.alanmoorefansite.com/

history *is* moralizing
i guess till now there was nothing by Moore i didn't like. some characters i feel more attached to of course, and that means to some titles too, but tis always interesting, there's always an original idea, a feeling, an atmosphere, something to inspire thoughts (and dreams) for a while...
an intelligent review:
http://www.strangehorizon.com/2002/2...romethea.shtml

An official site has been put up.

history *is* moralizing
with Sin City out, the challenge is biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggg!! let's see and hope...

BTW Sedai: Did you check out what I recently posted in the Watchmen thread?

I'd love to see a Miracleman flick. Watchmen I'm just thinking "why bother?" I dunno, somehow I just can't see it working as a two hour film, it's just to perfect as a methodically paced series. V for Vendetta I'm kinda curious aboot. Somehow I want to imagine Fincher doing it though.

Man, an actually good Elektra (talking about Miller now) movie, that'd just be too cool for school.

Cool link, Garrett, although I still don't think they can pull off The Watchmen. I will of course, see the film if it does come out...

Originally Posted by Sedai
Cool link, Garrett, although I still don't think they can pull off The Watchmen. I will of course, see the film if it does come out...
I agree. I really don't want to have them make a Watchmen movie, but I'm trying my best to be optimistic about it.