What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Some of you guys will buy anything.

Just kidding. I used to own some pretty bad flicks...I won't tell you what right at this moment, but rest assured that Julia Roberts was in more than two of them. *shudder*
Let me guess. The Peligan Brief and I Love Trouble.
I haven't seen all her movies but those are the ones i hated.

The only movies she was in that i don't mind are Flatliners, Oceans 11, and mabe sleeping with the enemy and oceans 12. Pretty woman was too girly girly.

Hartigan's Twin Brother
The Incredibles......because my 3 year old loved it!

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by the_cynic
The Incredibles......because my 3 year old loved it!

Your 3 year old has fantastic taste! This 30 year old loves it.

The People's Republic of Clogher

It's not a patch on the other two, but I have the previous Collector's Eds so it completed the set.

....and it was cheap.

I love 35mm ^_^
I bought The Special Edition of Donnie Darko and Sideways. (Same trip)

I love Donnie Darko and Sideways was good to. I'm a sucker for a good special edition anyway. Which is why I own 9 copies of LOTR. Widescreen, Fullscreen and Extended.

In a couple hours when I take my lunch break I'll be purchasing the new cut of Sam Fuller's The Big Red One. Missed it in the theaters last year, so I'm anxious to see the new footage.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Didn't see it.
House of Flying Daggers

Brigitte Fitzgerald's Beau
The last DVD I bought was Meet the Fockers because I think it's just as hilarious as Meet the Parents.

The restored cut of Sam Fuller's The Big Red One (1980)

The reconstructed The Big Red One is definitely a better film than the old Studio cut. The extra forty-plus minutes of footage adds so much depth as well as more of the surreal Hell of battle to Fuller's last great work. And the DVD is terrific, with a good commentary by Richard Schickel (who produced and supervised the rebirthing project) as well as an excellent documentary, including interviews with the cast - I could have listened to three hours of those actors recounting anecdotes about Sam and Lee Marvin.

The Criterion Collection edition of F for Fake (1973 - Orson Welles)

The last bit of genius Orson Welles finished, this inventively fun and outrageously deceptive docu/mockumentary about forgery and narrative truth. Anyone who enjoyed Werner Herzog and Incident at Loch Ness last year should rush right out and find F for Fake. Very good 2-disc package too, with an audio commentary track with Oja Kodar, an 88-minute piece about all of Welles' unfinished projects, and a documentary about art forger Elmyr de Hory among other extras.

The Thing baby ( the remake). good flick, will watch again

The People's Republic of Clogher

Not one of his best, but 'twas cheap...

Not even one of Alex Cox's best, but The Pogues have a cameo!!

Last DVD i bought is The Life & Death of Peter Sellers because i like Peter Sellers in Strangelove and Pink Panther (At least the first few).

Originally Posted by Tazz
Last DVD i bought is The Life & Death of Peter Sellers because i like Peter Sellers in Strangelove and Pink Panther (At least the first few).
Shouldn't your reason be because you like Jeffery Rush