What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Originally Posted by jackassfan
Man on fire- Because it is a brilliant film
Quiz show- Because it was cheap
Shouldn't that be:

Man on Fire because it was cheap

And

Quiz Show because it is a brilliant film.

"Dead Above Ground"- was in blockbuster the other day looking for a movie to watch cause i was bored and peaches found this dvd and it looked pretty stupid but we thought it might be a good movie to just laugh at so we bought it

Leon: The Profesional was the latest dvd i bought...wanted a assassin type movie

but what i really wanted was Once Upon a Time in America

A system of cells interlinked
Raging Bull - SE

...because it's Scorsese

history *is* moralizing
Confessions of an American Girl
and
Saved
cuz it's with Jena Malone

Nostradamus Kid
and
The Camomile Lawn
cuz it's with Tara Fitzgerald

The Last Good Sunday
and
May
cuz it's with Angela Bettis

and my videostore didn't have them, and some are available only as region 1 dvds (forbidden in stores in Europe) and i didn't feel like waiting a century to see them...

Buffalo 66, Dead calm and The pelican brief

Because they were in the sale for 3 for £20

Saw-went to the movies to see it but i went to sleep on it so i wanted to see the whole movie.

Taxi-heard it was a good movie so i copped it

Angel Season 3-Bought season 1 and fell in love with it, now i have season 2 on the way so i just went and bought season 3, cant wait to get 4 and 5

The Last Waltz (again) - because it's The Band

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Open Range: To see what the fuss was about. Very good film, and could reignite Costner's Career as a director.
X-Men 2: Loved the first film so I wanted to get this. Fun to watch but slower paced than X1.
Resident Evil: Again to see what the fuss wa about, and again a very good film. Loved the red dress, leather jacket and tall boots look
you found X-2 slower paced than x1. Thats interesting, personally I found the second one to be more exciting. That had some really impressive scenes.

I bought Memento because I found it used and i was itching for some good suspense. I also heard that it messes with your head and I like that. And I bought K-Pax because I thought it was great the first time and wanted to see it again. It was not as good the second time but still worth it for the fairly low price.

BTW how do I change what it says under my avatar?

Originally Posted by Strummer521
I bought Memento because I found it used and i was itching for some good suspense. I also heard that it messes with your head and I like that.
There is a easter egg for this movie that tell you how to be able to watch the movie in the correct chronological order. It is on the second disc.

To access the chronological re-edit, select the Clock, and choose C on the following five pages. You'll see a quiz that shows four illustrated panels of a woman changing a flat tire on her car. The quiz asks you to place the panels in chronological order. The trick, of course, is to place the panels in backwards order, which is 3, 4, 1, 2. After you do so, the film begins playing its scenes in chronological order. Playfully, this cut starts with the end credits rolling downwards. After that, the film's forward-moving black-and-white sequences begin, focusing mostly on the Sammy Jankis back story. (The chapters have simply been rearranged in chronological order.) This re-edit is presented in Dolby ProLogic. Although you can't fast-forward or skip forward through this presentation, you can jump to certain time codes.

It's nice to watch again after you view it in it's regular format first.

BTW how do I change what it says under my avatar?
Go near the top of this page and click on User CP. Then to the right of the following page click on Edit Profile. Next, scroll down to Custom User Title: and you can put your message in the long white box.

the warner bros. classic gangster collection.
been wanting to buy it for a while and found it for a really good price.

Originally Posted by Escape
There is a easter egg for this movie that tell you how to be able to watch the movie in the correct chronological order. It is on the second disc.

To access the chronological re-edit, select the Clock, and choose C on the following five pages. You'll see a quiz that shows four illustrated panels of a woman changing a flat tire on her car. The quiz asks you to place the panels in chronological order. The trick, of course, is to place the panels in backwards order, which is 3, 4, 1, 2. After you do so, the film begins playing its scenes in chronological order. Playfully, this cut starts with the end credits rolling downwards. After that, the film's forward-moving black-and-white sequences begin, focusing mostly on the Sammy Jankis back story. (The chapters have simply been rearranged in chronological order.) This re-edit is presented in Dolby ProLogic. Although you can't fast-forward or skip forward through this presentation, you can jump to certain time codes.

It's nice to watch again after you view it in it's regular format first.

Go near the top of this page and click on User CP. Then to the right of the following page click on Edit Profile. Next, scroll down to Custom User Title: and you can put your message in the long white box.
Thanks i will change it when i pick something good for it.

Donnie Darko
Angel Season 4

When Harry Met Sally because it's the classic romantic comedy. And I love Billy Crystal. He's hilarious! =)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I love that film!

I just bought three, because there was a sale: buy two, get one free.
I got both parts of Angels in America, with The Graduate thrown in gratis.
woo hoo!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I got both parts of Angels in America, with The Graduate thrown in gratis.
woo hoo!
Nice buy.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I was in a store yesterday and saw some good movies in the '3 for £20' section. Then I saw some good movies in the '2 for £15' section.

I'm a greedy sod so created my own '5 for £35' section -

Lawrence of Arabia - replacing a VHS copy.
Spartacus - ditto.
Scarface (De Palma) - you guessed it.
Black Hawk Down & Dog Soldiers - They're not bad movies but mainly they were bought so I could get my hands on the first 3 films, which doesn't make much fiscal sense.

But I'm like that...

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Hot Shots - U.S.$5.50 at Wal*Mart

Back to the Future - Trilogy Box Set - U.S.$18 at Costco

"Seinfeld" - Seasons 1 & 2 - For Valentine's Day

I just ordered the following, but they haven't arrived:

Apocalypse Now (not the Redux; I hate that version)

The Warriors

Airplane!

Kiss Me Deadly
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10