CARTOONS

Tools    

Does anyone know why this is funny? I don’t get it at all.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Does anyone know why this is funny? I don’t get it at all.

I think the toast is talking to the other piece of toast.

Absurdist humor aside, it still doesn't make much sense: if the toaster has already "popped" then both pieces of toast are already "out" (so then, why the warning?). But on a second look, I notice the toaster's "plunger" is already in the down position.

Or, the implication is that both pieces of toast can get "out" of the toaster on their own (and one is warning the other not to go)... but that's a bit too much extrapolation which is, in no other way, supported by the illustration.

Another problem is the toast is warning the other piece not to come out, but when the toaster pops, they have no choice as they will both be ejected upwards - which itself COULD be an implied part of the humor, but again, that seems to place too much reliance on the audience to try to figure out a somewhat complicated scenario.

While I did think it was funny (analogous to the Far Side's type of humor), the execution leaves too many questions so as to make it confusing.

I think the toast is talking to the other piece of toast.

Absurdist humor aside, it still doesn't make much sense: if the toaster has already "popped" then both pieces of toast are already "out" (so then, why the warning?). But on a second look, I notice the toaster's "plunger" is already in the down position.

Or, the implication is that both pieces of toast can get "out" of the toaster on their own (and one is warning the other not to go)... but that's a bit too much extrapolation which is, in no other way, supported by the illustration.

Another problem is the toast is warning the other piece not to come out, but when the toaster pops, they have no choice as they will both be ejected upwards - which itself COULD be an implied part of the humor, but again, that seems to place too much reliance on the audience to try to figure out a somewhat complicated scenario.

While I did think it was funny (analogous to the Far Side's type of humor), the execution leaves too many questions so as to make it confusing.
Thanks for trying. I still in no way get it.

Thanks for trying. I still in no way get it.
The toasts are "hiding" in the toaster because they know if they come "out" the lady will eat them.

The gag is pretty good, but there's something missing in the execution.

I was a cartoonist at one point and I will say the two most difficult things are: being consistent (being able to continually come up with new ideas) and making sure people will "get" your joke.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K.