Relatively Simple Thread: Your Top 10 Directors of All Time

Tools    

People, we need more ballots.
Ballots? I didn't know you were serious about doing a top directors countdown, I thought you were joking about it....but totally cool if you're doing this

So I should ask: Are we suppose to send you a voting ballot for our favorite directors? Or did you go by the post we made? Maybe make a dedicated thread for this so people know what's going on. I'm all for you doing this!

Ballots? I didn't know you were serious about doing a top directors countdown, I thought you were joking about it....but totally cool if you're doing this

So I should ask: Are we suppose to send you a voting ballot for our favorite directors? Or did you go by the post we made? Maybe make a dedicated thread for this so people know what's going on. I'm all for you doing this!
I was just going by the posts in the thread and keeping tabs, if we got enough (maybe 15 or 20 more) I could maybe throw together a (unofficial) countdown thread.

Stanley Kubrick
Akira Kurosawa
Martin Scorsese
Yasujiro Ozu
Federico Fellini
Alfred Hitchcock
Robert Altman
Paul Thomas Anderson
Orson Welles
Sergio Leone

Deadline: July 20th. Then I'll put something together.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Really neat to see Billy Wilder get some love, as he makes the cut for my top 10 directors of all time too! Often times he seems like he's overlooked in favor of the more "artistic" auteurs like Hitchcock, Kurosawa, and Bergman who were also making great films as his contemporary.

I am responding because I'm making my top 10 directors and wanted to see if a thread already existed, and... wah lah! Here we are. I will post mine here soon with an added twist...

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

David Fincher
Billy Wilder
Howard Hawks
Not surprised with your other picks, but really cool to see these three on here. You know how I feel about Howard Hawks (spoiler alert - he's my number 1 of all time), but again... great to see Billy Wilder get love and respect, but David Fincher! Cool. I liked Se7en well enough, despite some issues with narrative and my hangups with getting beyond the premise, HOWEVER Fight Club made me a huge fan, but to me, his recent Netflix film Mank is a tour de force in putting on a clinic with how a biopic should be made, along with Lawrence of Arabia. I love Mank and that to me, put him over, as one of the all time greats. He's not on my list, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see him on yours.

My top 10 with more info to come...

1. Howard Hawks
2. Werner Herzog
3. Stanley Kubrick
4. Jean Luc Godard
5. John Ford
6. Orson Welles
7. Elia Kazan
8. Michaelangelo Antonioni
9. Paul Thomas Anderson
10. Billy Wilder