Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I found out that spotted dick was some sort of British pudding. My wife asked me if I wanted it and I was just like huh.

Was she smiling when she asked? I only know because I was in England, and a friend and I were talking about "separated not by an ocean, but by a common language" and then she mentioned that, which I also never heard of.

The term 'spotted dick' sounds like an STD.

Did you have it? If so, did you have it with custard? Done properly, you've got to have custard with it.
Haven’t eaten Spotted Dick in a million years, but I loved it. Gotta have custard with it, most definitely.

Did you have it? If so, did you have it with custard? Done properly, you've got to have custard with it.
Not yet, she was going through recipes and she mentioned something about custard.

I did not know that Sylvester Stallone was the original choice to play Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop. Yeah, I don't know all the things ha. I found this out when looking up information on the trilogy after finding it at Walmart for 5 bucks!

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Cortexi Reviews

Something I just found out recently is that Paul McCartney and John Lennon almost reunited on Saturday Night Live in 1976. They were watching the show together when producer Lorne Michaels offered them $3,000 to perform as the Beatles. They were tempted to go to the studio, but they were too tired and decided not to. Imagine what could have been!

Another thing I learned recently is that Walt Disney accidentally "kidnapped" then-vice president Richard Nixon and his family in 1959. He invited them to Disneyland to ride the new Monorail, but he left their Secret Service agents behind on the platform. The Monorail went for two laps around the park without any security. Luckily, nothing bad happened, but it must have been a scary moment for the agents.

Not yet, she was going through recipes and she mentioned something about custard.
If you do have custard with it, I recommend buying it or making Bird's custard. Each to their own, but making a custard from scratch isn't worth the bother, IMO, and it doesn't taste as good. Most people here just buy it now.

I did not know that Sylvester Stallone was the original choice to play Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop. Yeah, I don't know all the things ha. I found this out when looking up information on the trilogy after finding it at Walmart for 5 bucks!
It wasn't a comedy either. It was a serious thriller. I remember reading that Cobra was spun out of the orignal idea/script for it.

If you do have custard with it, I recommend buying it or making Bird's custard. Each to their own, but making a custard from scratch isn't worth the bother, IMO, and it doesn't taste as good. Most people here just buy it now.

I don't know what you are talking about but a homemade egg custard is the bomb.

I just took locational inventory f our top 100 foreign movies list

Algeria: 1
Brazil: 1
Canada: 1
China: 3
Denmark: 3
France: 17
Germany: 8
India: 1
Iran: 1
Italy: 10
Japan: 24
Mexico: 2
Netherlands: 1
Poland: 1
Russia: 8
South Korea: 3
Spain: 1
Sweden: 6

COLLABS

Algiers / Italy: 1
Austria / France / Germany / Italy: 1
France / Italy: 1
France / Poland: 2
Mexico / Spain: 1

And the survey says, we're all a bunch of weebs.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Kansas City is not in the state of Kansas but in Missouri. There are two states: Arkansas and Kansas - not the same thing. Also, there's Arkansas City in Kansas. But there's also Arkansas City in Arkansas.

This is so confusing!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Kansas City is not in the state of Kansas but in Missouri. There are two states: Arkansas and Kansas - not the same thing. Also, there's Arkansas City in Kansas. But there's also Arkansas City in Arkansas.

This is so confusing!
If "Kansas" is Kansas, then Arkansas should be pronounced "Ar-Kansas".

or

If "Arkansas" is Arkansas, then Kansas should be pronounced "Can-saw".

That Alan Sues played the eldest son in the Twilight Zone episode "The Masks."
Alan Sues was best known for his 4-year stint as a comedian on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (1968 - 1972).
For all the times I've seen "The Masks" I never knew that was Alan Sues!

That Alan Sues played the eldest son in the Twilight Zone episode "The Masks."
Alan Sues was best known for his 4-year stint as a comedian on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (1968 - 1972).
For all the times I've seen "The Masks" I never knew that was Alan Sues!

I didn't know that was Alan Sues either. BTW that is one helluva a good makeup job there...good episode too.

OMG

Sharks are older than trees and dinosaurs.

The earliest evidence of shark fossils dates back as far as 450 million years, which means these creatures have been around at least 90 million years before trees and 190 million years before dinosaurs.

I just recently learned the horrific case of a German serial killer/robber name Christman Genipperteinga who reportedly murdered 964 individuals... He lived in a cave complex that was cleverly built like a house complete with all the goods you would expect to find in an ordinary house including cellars, rooms etc sometimes he had accomplices in his crimes but would poison and murder them soon after too. This story becomes more haunting, he took himself a young female sex slave who he fathered 6 children with over a 7 year period.. whom he killed immediately upon birth by pressing into their necks..

Christman would hang up and stretch the corpses as the wind would make the little corpses move and had said

"Dance, dear little children, Dance, Genipperteinga your father is making the dance for you"

One day Christman gave in to the woman's repeated pleadings that she be allowed to meet other people and visit a town under an oath she would not betray him"

She did and 30 armed men captured this mind boggling evil entity.

In addition to finding a diary detailing the 964 murders he readily admitted to the charges, stating if he had reached his goal of a thousand victims he would have been satisfied

Christman was condemned to death on the breaking wheel which he endured for 9 days kept alive by strong alcohol so that his heart would be strengthened and his suffering be longer.

I just learned that the British Royal Family are vampires!!!

Or, more precisely, that their bloodline can be traced back to Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler, a.k.a. Vlad Dracula) of Wallachia - the real-life basis for Bram Stoker's vampire: Count Dracula!

Through Mary of Teck, her (Queen Elizabeth 1926 - 2022) grandmother, who was the granddaughter of Countess Claudine Rhedey von Kis-Rhede, whose family has a maternal-line connection to Mircea the Shepherd of Wallachia, the grandson of Vlad the Monk, whose father was Vlad II Dracul, making him Vlad the Impaler's brother.

This would make the current King Charles of England the great great grandson 16 times removed of Vlad 'The Impaler'
King Charles is believed to be Vlad's great grandson 16 times removed through King George V's consort Queen Mary. Since discovering the historical link, Charles has visited the region numerous times, bought property in Transylvania and even carried out charity work there through his Prince of Wales Foundation.

I recently learned that The Impalas was one of the very few, racially integrated, doo-wop groups of the late 1950's - which was an extremely rare & wonderful thing for that time!