Favorite Movies With Elderly Character as Lead?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Preferably a movie between the 1930-70s. Preferably with an elderly woman as the focus. I saw one today and thought this could be a way to find some good stories, since old people aren't going to attract a certain audience - maybe the writing has to be really good, or a damn good story to make it worth making.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Preferably a movie between the 1930-70s. Preferably with an elderly woman as the focus.
Why until the 70's?
Why men are not allowed?

The Mother - Jennifer Lopez

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
One that mark f recommended me in my "rec me melodramas" thread:

Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont (I watched the 2005 version and loved it, but there's also a 1973 version I haven't seen).

And one Kurosawa had in his top 100:

The Trip to Bountiful

And one I doubt you'll be able to find anywhere, but it's a total masterpiece: Két elhatározás [A Quite Ordinary Life].
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
lady for a day (frank capra, 1933)
Lovely movie. Another one from the 30s is The Young in Heart 1938). And yet another 30s gem Pilgrimage (1933). Babička [Grandmother] (1940) is super cute, too.

One that mark f recommended me in my "rec me melodramas" thread:

Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont (I watched the 2005 version and loved it, but there's also a 1973 version I haven't seen).
Love this movie (the 2005 version). It's so sweet and uplifting.

I'm currently drawing a blank on titles, but I'm going to shout out the Twilight Zone episode "Nothing in the Dark."

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'll second that...and I'll guess that it might be something Matt might like too.

So I go to watch this movie and immediately it hits me, "I saw this".. And I look on IMDB, and I gave it an 8/10, so I definitely loved this movie. Unfortunately, it's been years since I've seen it, but would definitely love movies like those. I'll try to find the others listed. Thanks!