Beetlejuice 2

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
Uhh that Willy Wonka movie is so bizarre, but Beetlejuice 2 sounds intriguing... probably would be bad though.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
So Lydia gets married and all hell breaks loose?

http://collider.com/beetlejuice-2-update-tim-burton/

Is ‘Beetlejuice 2′ Really Happening? Tim Burton Gives Update

Tim Burton - “This is the thing, it’s something that I’m interested in, but there’s so many stories [online], dumping Michael Keaton for Johnny Depp and this or that, and I’ve talked to these people and they didn’t wanna hear this so they just made up a story. But the fact of it is I have talked to Michael and I have talked to Winona, I’ve talked to a few people. It’s something that I really would like to do in the right circumstances, but it’s one of those films where it has to be right. It’s not a kind of a movie that cries out [for a sequel], it’s not the Beetlejuice trilogy. So it’s something that if the elements are right—because I do love the character and Michael’s amazing as that character, so yeah we’ll see. But there’s nothing concrete yet.”

Dang.

http://collider.com/beetlejuice-2-update-tim-burton/

Is ‘Beetlejuice 2′ Really Happening? Tim Burton Gives Update

Tim Burton - “This is the thing, it’s something that I’m interested in, but there’s so many stories [online], dumping Michael Keaton for Johnny Depp and this or that, and I’ve talked to these people and they didn’t wanna hear this so they just made up a story. But the fact of it is I have talked to Michael and I have talked to Winona, I’ve talked to a few people. It’s something that I really would like to do in the right circumstances, but it’s one of those films where it has to be right. It’s not a kind of a movie that cries out [for a sequel], it’s not the Beetlejuice trilogy. So it’s something that if the elements are right—because I do love the character and Michael’s amazing as that character, so yeah we’ll see. But there’s nothing concrete yet.”

Dang.
I can respect that.

Yep, this puppy is kaput'!

Michael Keaton on Beetlejuice 2: “It’s possible that ship has sailed”

“Let’s turn on the juice and see what shakes loose.”

Truth be told, nothing. After years of rampant reports and rumors, from would-be confirmations to would-be concrete story details, it would appear that Beetlejuice 2 is dead, dead, dead. Director Tim Burton recently said just as much and now Michael Keaton has joined the naysayers who believe the sequel deserves the Handbook of the Recently Deceased.

“It’s possible that ship has sailed,” the Oscar-nominated actor told Variety. “The only way to do it is to do it right. So much of it was improvised and so much was beautifully handmade by the artist that is Tim Burton. If you can’t get close to that, you leave it alone.”

He’s not wrong. Burton hasn’t delivered a solid film in over 10 years and Keaton has since moved on to bigger and brighter pastures. He just starred in two back-to-back Best Picture Academy Award winners (see: Birdman and Spotlight) and he’ll soon run McDonalds in The Founder before hitting the skies in Sony’s Spider-Man: Homecoming.

As for Winona Ryder? She’s into Stranger Things these days.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...ip-has-sailed/

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It's happening! Shooting began yesterday and Warner Bros. announced it will come out on 9/6/2024. Michael Keaton is back as the Juice, Winona Ryder is back as Lydia, Tim Burton is back as director and Jenna Ortega is playing Lydia's daughter with Justin Theroux in the cast as well in an unspecified role.

"Wednesday" creators Al Gough and Miles Millar wrote the script.

Variety

It's happening! Shooting began yesterday and Warner Bros. announced it will come out on 9/6/2024. Michael Keaton is back as the Juice, Winona Ryder is back as Lydia, Tim Burton is back as director and Jenna Ortega is playing Lydia's daughter with Justin Theroux in the cast as well in an unspecified role.

Variety

A noble bump of an ancient thread!

Variety
I was never a big fan of Beetlejuice, but I'm excited about this. Always great seeing Keaton in the movies. Even greater that he's working with Burton again.

I think that if The Flash in which Keaton returns as Batman does well, Burton and Keaton will join forces again for a direct sequel to Batman Returns. Remember you heard it here first.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Tim Burton, writers/creators of Wednesday and Jenna Ortega in a role. As someone who loves the series Wednesday, I'm looking forwards to this film a lot. Love the original.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, no way this isn't terrible. Burton's been washed for like 20 years now and him reviving former glories like this only speaks to that (as would a third Batman film).

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Catherine O'Hara is returning to the fray as Delia and Monica Bellucci is in talks to join the cast as Beetlejuice's wife?! and Willem Dafoe is also joining the film

https://deadline.com/2023/05/beetlej...st-1235365265/
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-2-1235484497/

I liked the original a lot although Beetlejuice was pretty gross. Sequelling this movie could be a challenge but I can immediately see many ways to continue the story with Beetlejuice being paranormal and extra-dimensional. I must see this and my expectations arent extreme about it. Hopefully its great but chances are low that it will be terrible.

I would prefer to see a prequel to a sequel. Davis, Baldwin, and Ryder are just too old to resume these roles now. I have to wonder if that might be true about Keaton too, but I could accept Keaton in a prequel. Also count me among those who didn't care for Charlie ad the Chocolate Factory...it was dark and depressing and Johnny Depp's interpretation of Willie Wonka was like a really bad drag queen. The songs were terrible and I found it creepy that the Oompa Loompas were all portrayed by one actor.