What is your favourite film by your favourite director?

Tools    

Your profile says Pickup on South Street, so probably that one.
Yeah that's a fav film for sure. But my top 10 aren't really in order (or updated) but are 10 movies I do love. I've never really been able to say anyone movie is my all time favorite. I don't really relate to movies like that.

I'd include Sam Fuller on a list of my favorite directors, even though I'm not a big fan of all of his films. But I'm a fan in the way that he directed actors. He gave them a ton of leeway when shooting scenes which got a better range of raw emotions and balanced nuances out of his leads. I like the way he shot action/fight scenes too, he believed in shooting wide as possible.

Yeah that's a fav film for sure. But my top 10 aren't really in order (or updated) but are 10 movies I do love. I've never really been able to say anyone movie is my all time favorite. I don't really relate to movies like that.

I'd include Sam Fuller on a list of my favorite directors, even though I'm not a big fan of all of his films. But I'm a fan in the way that he directed actors. He gave them a ton of leeway when shooting scenes which got a better range of raw emotions and balanced nuances out of his leads. I like the way he shot action/fight scenes too, he believed in shooting wide as possible.
In that case, my new guesses are:

Come and See
Harold and Maude
In a Glass Cage
Themroc

Mulholland Drive, David Lynch

I forgot the opening line.
Just to go for something different - I really like Bobcat Goldthwait, and in 2009 and 2011 he made World's Greatest Dad and God Bless America, two favourites of mine.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

The Shape of Water - Guillermo del Toro

I've got a handful of favorite directors, and I'll give you my two favorites by each! (Sorry I can't absolutely narrow it down any further, but that's kind of asking the impossible from me...)

In no particular order, now...

Stanley Kubrick

David Cronenberg

John Boorman

Alfred Hitchcock

Ken Russell

Ingmar Bergman

Darren Aronofsky

William Friedkin

Liliana Cavani

Clive Barker

Quentin Tarantino

George A. Romero

Oliver Stone

Dario Argento

David Fincher

Martin Scorsese

William Peter Blatty

David Lynch

Luchino Visconti

Donald Cammell

Blade runner - Ridley Scott

Mine is probably a cliché pick, but 2001: A Space Odyssey from Kubrick.
Nothing cliché about greatness. This is mine as well.

Good one, which version is your favorite?
Gotta be The Final Cut