2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

When your trading chip openly admits he's sucked

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...t-season%3famp

Come on buddy that's not good for business.

I'm somewhat resolved. Sure I'd move Trea for the right offer, but it realistically won't come. People will grab someone off waivers in the hope they 'turn it around', but will they pay with high performing players in the hope an even higher performing player re-emerges? No. I see the logic in it, but admittedly wouldn't either.

I just hope this big long term contract doesn't result in Albert Pujols 2.0, but if it does it does. I got Trea off waivers years ago when he got called up, have had him often and was always the bright spot on my awfully coached teams Maybe this time I'll hopefully win carrying him. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies "It's hard to not be romantic about baseball."

When your trading chip openly admits he's sucked

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...t-season%3famp

Come on buddy that's not good for business.

I'm somewhat resolved. Sure I'd move Trea for the right offer, but it realistically won't come. People will grab someone off waivers in the hope they 'turn it around', but will they pay with high performing players in the hope an even higher performing player re-emerges? No. I see the logic in it, but admittedly wouldn't either.

I just hope this big long term contract doesn't result in Albert Pujols 2.0, but if it does it does. I got Trea off waivers years ago when he got called up, have had him often and was always the bright spot on my awfully coached teams Maybe this time I'll hopefully win carrying him. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies "It's hard to not be romantic about baseball."

You're team is doing so well, I can't find much to offer you.

A system of cells interlinked
Anyone else have an 18.90 ERA today?

Sorry, I've been kinda absent. I'm working nights now and it's taken awhile to get in the swing of it. Still got a good amount of season left to try and get up into the top 3! Good luck everyone!

Tough way to end May. Starting with June - Trea Turner is still sleepwalking, Fried out till all star break, Steele is mending, and my offensive surgers that got me to #1 are so cold they're still left untouched on waivers.

Verlander vs Toronto, and Kershaw vs the Yanks, well let's see if they are who they are today. Canha and Urshela may be evening out their poor opening season numbers, ill invest in that venture. What's weird is the easiest category to gain I've always been struggling in - Holds.

Prognosis looks bleak, but the one good thing is I rarely know what I'm talking about.

A system of cells interlinked
I hear ya!

My team is something of an enigma. Most of my top talent just hasn't been delivering. If even a couple of them would just turn it on like I know they can, it would help immensely. It's not too late...yet. This situation tends to see me rotating prospects and bums through my lineup, trying to catch lighting in a bottle and capture their streaks - this is never a recipe for extended success, but instead a stop-gap short term sort of keeping my head above water strategy. It certainly can't last.

There have been signs of life from Tucker and Lindor, so I have high hopes for them for the rest of the season. Manoah is a straight-up bust this season, and needs to lay off the cheeseburgers. I have plugged in a couple of prospects that seem to be red hot, so here's to them starting a fire under my team going forward.

The trick is not minding
Speaking of injuries, I was curious about why Franco missed the second game of tonight’s double header and apparently he has a hamstring injury.

The trick is not minding
Just a small update on Franco, but he isn’t in todays lineup for a hamstring injury. Hoping it isn’t anything serious but certainly worth tracking.

Ruh roh, Adolis Garcia just collapsed in the outfield heading for a ball in the gap. Dude's been an RBI machine all season.

Just got Stanton back, too, might just be a revolving door situation.

Today, 9:48 pm

Turner went 4-for-5 with two home runs, three RBI and three runs scored in Monday's win over the Tigers.

Advice:
Turner ripped a pair of solo shots of Tigers starter Joey Wentz. It's been a rough start for Turner in Philadelphia but his first multi-homer game Monday could be a sign of an impending breakout. He snapped an ugly 3-for-28 (.107) skid over his previous seven games. The 29-year-old is now slashing .243/.286/.398 with 23 extra-base hits and 32 runs scored through 59 games.