The 2022 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

Thank you, Cosmic! This was my first chance to participate in something like this and it was tons of fun!

There I several other winners I was happy with, but these are the only winners I actually voted for.

Best Actor of the Year
Colin Farrell, The Banshees of Inisherin

Best Supporting Actress of the Year
Kerry Condon, The Banshees of Inisherin

Biggest Disappointment of the Year
(Babylon)
Everything Everywhere All At Once
(Halloween Ends)

Best Visual Effects

I forgot the opening line.
Personally, I was really hoping that The Northman would get Best Cinematography. It certainly got my vote.
I had a really close look cinematography-wise at all the nominees before voting, and I also thought that The Northman happened to have the finest, and voted for that one.

Most of the rest of the awards I agree with - I found myself with a lot of Banshees winners without even going into the voting knowing it would be so far skewed that way. Come Oscar time, it wins none! So in my mind, the MoFo Awards are the premiere film awards ceremony now.

And thank you so much Cosmic for doing to work and bringing them back - thank you thank you thank you!

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I forgot to comment on how I voted for the Worst Film category. I assume everyone who went with Thor never actually saw Morbius, because Morbius was much, much, much worse. At least Thor has that Christian Bale performance going for it. Morbius has absolutely nothing. It got my vote, obviously haha.

I had a really close look cinematography-wise at all the nominees before voting, and I also thought that The Northman happened to have the finest, and voted for that one.
Yeah, I thought it was beautiful. Overall the film was more of a mixed bag for me, but it easily got my vote in this category.

Quite a few people voted for Decision to Leave for Cinematography, which was nice to see. It actually placed third there, but I don't think I mentioned that during the reveal.

And thank you so much Cosmic for doing to work and bringing them back - thank you thank you thank you!
Thank you, Cosmic! This was my first chance to participate in something like this and it was tons of fun!
Thank you guys, and thanks for participating! Hope to see you next year as well!

Great job Cosmic! Glad to see Banshees killed it here!
Thanks! I actually expected to hate Banshees, but it was a very pleasant surprise. Not surprised to see it garner a lot of support here, though I didn't expect it to absolutely crush the competition either haha.

Welcome to the human race...
Thanks to CosmicRunaway for bringing this back and running it so well. I'll just give my thoughts on this here (the winners I voted for in green, the ones I didn't in red)

Winners  

Biggest Surprise of the Year [...]
I went with Top Gun: Maverick because I thought that the original was a dud and didn't hold out hope for a sequel that was coming out a full 36 years later, but it did a good job of proving me wrong.
I very nearly voted for Top Gun: Maverick as well. I didn't think Top Gun needed a sequel, especially not one so many years later, and I had gotten so tired of seeing ads for it. I felt like that one trailer played in front of every single movie at the theatre for a year or more as well.

I wasn't even going to watch it, but once it came to streaming I decided to give it a shot. Despite my reservations about it, it was actually one of my favourite films of the year. It was a close call, but I decided not to vote for it because it had so much hype leading up to it, played in theatres for what felt like forever, and everyone I knew said it was surprisingly good.

I wasn't paying much attention to film releases or online reactions when The Menu came out, so I hadn't even heard of it before one of my coworkers mentioned that they saw it in theatres that weekend. Then when it came to streaming, my room mate watched it but hated pretty much everything about it. I watched it the following day and really enjoyed it, so it was ultimately more of a surprise for me overall.

Thanks to CosmicRunaway for bringing this back and running it so well.
Thank you!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Great job Cosmic!!!

Despite my liking of Banshees a lot, I'm kind of shocked it dominated as much as it did here. I gave a lot of my votes to EEAAO because it was the most ambitious film and walked the line very well.

Suspect's Reviews

Banshees took home all the acting awards it was eligible for on my ballot, with Gleason over Keoghan, so it obviously was my choice for best ensemble as well. Yeoh took the other top spot from me.

I had RRR as best film and most memorable scene (Naatu Naatu) but I had All Quiet as best foreign language. I like to spread the wealth.

The Outfit was my most underrated and Top Gun was tops in the technical stuff.

Nice job CR. Next year I'll try not to forget about sending in a prelim ballot.

I love that we didn't pick the same winners as the oscasr, and i'm delighted that Banshees got so much love after being screwed over at the oscars. Thanks for all your hard work Cosmic