2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
My offense is just not mashing like I know they can!

Come on, guys! Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Was thinking of writing something but Yoder really nailed it on the last page. Well said as always my good man... mmmm yes.

Oh I see how it is. Whenever I'm in first place nobody talks in the thread. Fine! FINE!

Don't get too comfortable. You're only beating me in 11 of 12 categories.

Don't get too comfortable. You're only beating me in 11 of 12 categories.
That one category is the camel's nose under the tent. It's all gonna come crashing down soon enough.

Go home, Yahoo, you're drunk.

That wasn't Yahoo! That was me trying to finally get Kelenic away from you.

In a month we should revisit this because theres many a strong star out there that's had a sad start to the season, Trea Turners been tepid too (say that 5 times fast). It will change though. I doubt Yandy Diaz will maintain this pace like many of my guys, damn it. :/

deSclafani may be for real, he did 8 innings @ Houston 0 earned runs, and Smiley has been strong too. With Justin Steele thrown in its been a blessing of a trifecta. So far Justin Verlanders back Thursday. Nom nom nom nom!!!!

Seriously though, win or lose the one thing Im really enjoying this year is having a strong Avg and OBP. I've been on the opposite side of that spectrum more often than I'd like, and it's horrible seeing 0's across the board on your offense. I'd make trades and waiver pickups, get my hopes up, and just zeroes, zeroes, zeroes. So deflating.

Second worst to that would be Era and whip. That seems to be the most impossible to turn around. I remember once being strong in both but I was lousy in strikeouts. I made the horrible mistake of trading to change it, and boy did it. My stats plunged. I'm lacking in strikeouts so far now and will do nothing to change that.

Billy Beane was right, hating to lose is stronger than wanting to win. The dread of the bad beat in this, poker, or anything is the most vivid. Even on the TV show Hells Kitchen they say they want to win team challenges not for the prizes, but to avoid the punishments.

Rasmussen 5.2 with no runs today. That’s like my fourth really good pitching performance that didn’t get me a QS. Frustrating

Those 5.2s are the worst. They seem to happen a lot. Which I guess makes sense, third time through the order and all that. But still.

Only slightly less frustrating: the QS lost because they leave a guy in too long, particularly when the crucial fourth run is just an inherited runner and the reliever lets them score.

Rasmussen 5.2 with no runs today. That’s like my fourth really good pitching performance that didn’t get me a QS. Frustrating
Thats why I avoided Rays starters when drafting. Coach Cash has pulled pitchers that were throwing no hitters on occasions even (Snell, Eovaldi), and gives 0 damns about them getting their Quality Start. Maddon would've never done that.

Paul Goldschmidt with 3 dingers today. Cody Bellinger hasn't slowed down. Even my catcher is on fire. Also I finally traded for a Ray and seemed to have come out on top, it only took 11 years.
Let's see whose in 2nd place.... oh. Well ill savor the flavor while I can.

^ I said that with all respect Yoda. If I or anyone wins the league where you also are in the hunt, then that's a season worth winning

Ok that's 3 posts in a row, ill shut up now.

No worries dude.

Yeah, it's been a huge week, with yesterday being particularly great. But when you gain a bunch of points those points are usually pretty vulnerable, so there'll be plenty of swings left to come, no pun intended.

My team's still got some weaknesses to address, but I mostly like it. Speaking of, if someone's looking for a hitter or a starting pitcher, lemme know. I'm looking first for closers, but I'd also be fine packaging a good hitter and a good starter for a better version of either, even just a moderately better one, potentially.

TONGO's team hitting .294 five weeks into the season is bonkers. He's almost thirty points ahead of the next-closest team! Obviously that'll come down, but dang.

TONGO's team hitting .294 five weeks into the season is bonkers. He's almost thirty points ahead of the next-closest team! Obviously that'll come down, but dang.

Yeah this is a first for me. You were talking about big lobs of points coming in, well I've had big lobs of streaks. Look at Sean Murphy, he is 7th overall this season so far. If that's sustainable we got the next Johnny Bench. No.

Then there's Cody Bellinger who is 5th overall, well you know he's streaking. Yandy Diaz is 3rd overall. Now he won't be able to sustain, but I put his chances of finishing much stronger than the other 2 as he's always hit for a high average, and is an OBP beast, but now he's found power....and I always thought Longoria would've been the great third baseman to carry me from the Rays.

I hate to say it but this just may all be a flash in the pan for me, everyone's been humming except for one guy, Trea Turner. Him and Philly must not agree with each other cause before now he's been an oak ever since coming to the bigs.

The weirdest part, I don't want to trade. When doing great, change nothing. Another thing that took 11 years to learn.

Judge is back already, and Altuve comes back next week. Refreshingly good news for baseball finally.