Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Not exactly a movie, but very cinematic, from the old vintage Outer Limits series -

Tonight's Outer Limits episode, from the infamous/famous season 2 - The Demon With a Glass Hand - This one is strange beyond strange, said to be in the top 100 TV episodes of all time. Adapted from Harlan Ellison, it's been said to be the inspiration for The Terminator, although that is much more true of another TOL episode, Soldier. In this one a guy with no past (Robert Culp) has a glass hand, missing fingers, that contains the entire human race, encrypted to save them from a planetary holocaust.

It's all set in a stark, unpopulated urban desert, a German Expressionist fantasy world with dark eyed goons in pursuit. This one is seriously off the rails and completely bonkers, with invisible portals, minimalist production, a missing 70 billion humans and stark shadows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_with_a_Glass_Hand

BANNED
The Shawshank Redemption

Good movie.

I forgot the opening line.
Gonna sit back, put my feet up, and have some fun :

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I can't call it tonight, since it's almost after midnight, but it was the night for the second episode of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Two Towers, big screen, excellent quality imagery, big sound at the Theatre, a re-run of the long version of the trilogy. After all these years, it really still works. This movie is just so dark and full of parallels to the most awful parts of the 20th century, only populated by orcs, dragons and wizards, instead of dictators, nazi goons and bombs. It also has moments, the ones without demons and monsters, however, that appear almost documentary, like you're really there. The humans at least are quite believable.

Fortunately, our plucky crew of misfit humans, hobbits and elves manages to survive the day and continue until the final climax in the third episode. We saw it back when it was new and then on video, and its gloom and hope resonate even more now.