Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Did you go in with no knowledge of Monty Python and expecting something like Excalibur? That would be pretty funny.
I'm not sure. I used to smoke a lot of the wacky terbacky back then. But it was a life altering experience with or without the herbal supplement. Kind of like the first time I listened to a Richard Pryor album.

I forgot the opening line.

By Amazon Studios - IMP Awards, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=72988220

Air - (2023)

I didn't like the look of this when I first heard about it, but it turns out that Air is remarkably solid and entertaining for a film all about closing on one particularly monumental business deal. Enjoying it fully might depend on where you stand as far as Ben Affleck/Matt Damon films go, but if you're open to the experience I really recommend it. In 1984, at the start of the film, Nike is the underdog amongst sporting shoe conglomerates - hardly competing with the likes of Adidas and other big brands. Robby Strasser (Jason Bateman) asks his team to pick three second-tier basketballers to offer shoe endorsements to, but Sonny Vaccaro, a gambler, wants to bet everything on a teenager by the name of Michael Jordan. What follows builds such momentum that everyone's career begins to depend on him saying yes to Nike, despite being offered even more to go with his favourite brand. Loved Chris Tucker in this, and Affleck was really solid too - but the film depends on Damon, and he doesn't let us down. The nerve-filled and very awkward conference held with Michael Jordan's family (including Viola Davis as Deloris, his mother) was a big highlight. Best 2023 film I've seen so far (I've only seen two.)

7.5/10

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Collateral Beauty 9/10

Naked Lunch (David Cronenberg, 1991)

Continuing my Cronenberg kick with this fantastic film. I didn't know much about Burroughs but found myself reading up about him afterward. Great mix of style and content, up there with Cronenberg's best for me with Videodrome and eXistenZ.

Movie: 65
Rating: 7/10

By Amazon Studios - IMP Awards, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=72988220

Air - (2023)

I didn't like the look of this when I first heard about it, but it turns out that Air is remarkably solid and entertaining for a film all about closing on one particularly monumental business deal. Enjoying it fully might depend on where you stand as far as Ben Affleck/Matt Damon films go, but if you're open to the experience I really recommend it. In 1984, at the start of the film, Nike is the underdog amongst sporting shoe conglomerates - hardly competing with the likes of Adidas and other big brands. Robby Strasser (Jason Bateman) asks his team to pick three second-tier basketballers to offer shoe endorsements to, but Sonny Vaccaro, a gambler, wants to bet everything on a teenager by the name of Michael Jordan. What follows builds such momentum that everyone's career begins to depend on him saying yes to Nike, despite being offered even more to go with his favourite brand. Loved Chris Tucker in this, and Affleck was really solid too - but the film depends on Damon, and he doesn't let us down. The nerve-filled and very awkward conference held with Michael Jordan's family (including Viola Davis as Deloris, his mother) was a big highlight. Best 2023 film I've seen so far (I've only seen two.)

7.5/10
Nice to hear Chris Tucker is getting parts.

Nice to hear Chris Tucker is getting parts.
Yeah, he kind of fell off?

I forgot the opening line.

By http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters...1_8658dc73.jpg, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=26018624

Walk on the Wild Side - (1962)

Interesting that this was made while the Hayes Code was still in effect - much of the action takes place in a Louisiana brothel, and involves characters that are gay, so there is much tip-toeing around those subject matters. Dove Linkhorn (Laurence Harvey) chose his dying father over the love of his life, but once his pa is dead he goes looking for her, and when he finds her he's unaware of her secret - that she's been a prostitute since the two broke up. Not only that, but the madam of the brothel she works at, Jo (Barbara Stanwyck) has a "special relationship" with her, and will stop at nothing to see she stays right where she is. This film also features a young Jane Fonda as a girl Linkhorn finds and befriends on the way to Louisiana, only to find out how rotten she is - the two depart acrimoniously, but seem to be fated to meet again. A pretty interesting movie considering some of the performers involved (Capucine plays Linkhorn's girl, Hallie, and Anne Baxter has a role as a latino café owner that falls for Linkhorn) - despite production troubles it turns out okay, although the film's last scene feels missing, and the film ends with the front page of a newspaper hurriedly wrapping up loose ends.

6/10

By Impawards.com, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=22373224

Julie and Julia - (2009)

It took me a while, but I eventually figured out that I'd seen Julie and Julia before - what would have been over 10 years and around 8000 movies ago. Sometimes what I've seen gets hazy, especially if a film wasn't good (or bad) enough to really stick in my memory. This film follows two plot threads - Julia Child (Meryl Streep) learning to cook in Paris during the 1950s, and Julie Powell (Amy Adams) challenging herself to cook 524 Julia Child recipes in one year, while blogging about it on a daily basis. Turns out the blog was a sensation, and lead to a book - but unfortunately the two characters never meet up. While the movie kept things real, a meeting between the two would have really been a satisfying way to end things. Streep is once again incredibly great - a modern acting marvel.

6/10

Final Destination 2000
very entertaining .Loved it

Final Destination 2

good, I will watch the whole franchise .

Changeling 2008

The Myth of Fingerprints 1997

Aliens 1986

Aliens 3 (1992)

It MUst Be Heaven 2019

A River Runs Through It 1992

what a beautiful film

Serial Mom 1994

The Man Without a Face 1993

the kids actors were good

Anywhere but Here 1999

Foxfire 1996

what I liked aout the movie :the atomsphere of this movie,the soundtrack, the bonding between the characters and how beautiful angelina Jolie is in this movie.

what I didnt like: The opening shot of the movie is of a man's butt

Stand by Me 1986

Witness for the Prosecution 1957

The Rules of Attraction (2002)

The Ice Storm 1997

Boldly going.
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor among thieves
8/10.
I had not planned on seeing it, but I'd read 3 good reviews on YouTube and so I thought I'd give it a shot. The movie is very entertaining. It reminds me of the old Ray Harryhausen Sinbad the Sailor movies (it even has a battle between two monsters at the end).

Sweet sad movie from Mexico. How to keep the cartels & soldiers from abducting very young girls. One way that’s used is to keep the girls’ hair very short & hopefully they pass as male. Very well-acted.

Can’t believe I actually got through this movie. Never seen it before, never heard of it & this is Scorsese? Lead actor Griffin Dunne had a very annoying unibrow, which I hate. So distracting.

Shin Godzilla.

If you are watching a Godzilla Movie.. you know what you are in for. And this one was hilarious. I never recovered from seeing this version of him as he evolved. A fun movie all around, with many pokes at Japanese bureaucrats.