The 2022 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

She did make the cut at Best Breakthrough, however.

Which is also funny to me as she was already better known than anyone else in that category and To Leslie isn't likely to catapult her to stardom. I suppose people could just be saying she finally tapped into her potential.

1 single point. That's how close some of these categories were.

Thanks!

Maybe I should have taken a leaf out of Dumbledore's book and sacrificed Fantastic Beasts at the altar of pragmatism.

I forgot the opening line.
I think Decision to Leave is cursed. Every time I try to watch it, something kind of major comes up that I have to deal with lol.
I'm going to try to get to Decision to Leave tonight - if anything interrupts it I'm going to be talking about the curse. Actually, I'm hoping something does so I can come back tomorrow and confirm that the curse is real.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

For those that watch 'Decision to Leave' - all I am saying is, pay close attention to the camera's depth of focus in the police interrogation scene.

Then marvel at how this film wasn't nominated for best cinematography.

Went ahead and voted. The only notable movie from the noms I haven't seen yet is The Quiet Girl, but it looks like it will be a minute before I get the chance.

I guess I could have watched Morbius to confirm it is the worst film of the year, but I don't have it in me, so Thor got my vote.

I guess I could have watched Morbius to confirm it is the worst film of the year, but I don't have it in me
Skipping Morbius is definitely the correct decision haha.

I do not recommend watching all of the Worst Film nominations just to ensure that you're confident in your vote. Maybe I should add that to the first post as well.

Decision to Leave was really good, and I'm glad these MoFo film awards got me going as far as watching it is concerned. I really have to watch The Handmaiden as well - another great Park Chan-wook film that has eluded me.

Glad the film's not cursed, just me! lol
There was a surprising lack of interruptions! There were a couple of cats over the fence either having a fight or making love, but that wasn't "stop the movie"-worthy. I thought maybe a car would crash into my house or something.

Anyway, I got through The Gray Man last night - nominee for disappointment, and worst film. Hardly encouraging, having those nominations. Tonight, for me, it's Bullet Train (Mixed bag and funniest scene) which is a little better.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I just tried to create my ballot and was immediately stopped, unable to solve a huge dilemma.
How to proceed?
You know, for the best film category, I can distinguish three titles for sure. The problem is that I know one of them is popular among the users and it is the obvious practical choice but I mostly tend to the other two which probably aren't going to get more than two votes each.

So, how to proceed? If I follow my heart and vote for some of the obscure ones and the popular one lose the award, I'll feel guilty.

So, how to proceed? If I follow my heart and vote for some of the obscure ones and the popular one lose the award, I'll feel guilty.
Always vote with your heart!

The most important thing is to be happy with whatever you choose. Don't feel compelled to vote for something you don't like as much, just because you think it's the more popular choice. If it really is that popular, it'll do fine on its own. If it doesn't... maybe it wasn't that popular after all?

Anyone want to share some of the memorable/funny scenes they submitted that didn't make the cut?

I submitted one in each category that wound up being nominated. I don't feel very strongly about the funny scenes this year, but I thought there were a lot of good choices available for the other category.

Secrets of Dumbledore ending scene(s):

Tár one-take lecture/debate/argument:

Babylon - Nellie's magnetic "born a star" dance:

The Wonder haven't-even-built-the-fourth-wall-yet opening:

https://www.facebook.com/NetflixUK/v...2117456820619/

Having watched All the Bloodshed and the Beauty last night, I have now seen every single film nominated in some capacity here. It was fun catching up with the best (and the worst) 2022 had to offer, and the likes of Resurrection and Decision to Leave, which were really good ones that weren't on my radar yet.

Having watched All the Bloodshed and the Beauty last night, I have now seen every single film nominated in some capacity here. It was fun catching up with the best (and the worst) 2022 had to offer, and the likes of Resurrection and Decision to Leave, which were really good ones that weren't on my radar yet.

Impressive! I don't think I'm going to pull that off.

Anyone want to share some of the memorable/funny scenes they submitted that didn't make the cut?
Good idea. Three of my memorable scene nominations made the cut, but these two were left out :

TANKS!! - All Quiet on the Western Front

Laura's death scene in Smile

That last one probably won't play imbedded. None of my funniest scene nominations made it, and I kind of feel like I dropped the ball there, so I'm too embarrassed to share those with everyone.

Welcome to the human race...
For "most memorable":

The final montage, Babylon

The final battle, Avatar: The Way of Water (no good videos of it yet and besides it's a long sequence)

For "funniest":

Pizza Poppa, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

"The Silence of the Lambs", Jackass Forever

"Sailing", Ambulance

And for both:

"The greatest filmmaker of all time", The Fabelmans (no good uploads of this either)

I wanted to provide clips for each of the scene nominations, but they weren't all available online and it didn't seem fair to provide them for some but not others. I considered cutting and uploading them myself, but that would've been a lot of extra work. Maybe next year?

Laura's death scene in Smile
I also voted for this one.

The only memorable scene I nominated that made it was the "Naatu Naatu" dance battle. Other than that death in Smile, I also voted for Rebecca Hall's long monologue in Resurrection (but I can't find a full clip for that), Hugh Grant's cameo in Glass Onion, and I also went with Justin Long's first appearance in Barbarian because at the time, that tonal shift was great.

Just a quick reminder since I just noticed the date:

There are only 3 weeks left to get your ballots in!

The nominations round had some very close calls. Don't forget to vote for your favourites before it's too late!