What is the most boring movie ever made?

Tools    

I'm having difficulties thinking of a boring movie that stands above the rest. When I was a young kid maybe it was Enemy Mine (1985). My parents had it on betamax and I remember being forced to sit through it many times and it was agonizingly boring to me. Although first time seeing it terrified me but eventually I learned that movies weren't real. Later on when I was older it was Dances With Wolves. My mother watched that movie a hundred times and I hated it, so slow and boring. Since then I don't stick around long enough to loathe a boring movie as I'm not that young boy anymore being commanded to sit down and don't go anywhere I can't see you. What's the most boring movie ever made? Is there one that goes the extra mile to put you to sleep and make you gnaw your lips and drool on your shirt and stare blankly into space? What director has made the highest number of boring movies?

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Autumn in New York. I literally fell asleep in the cinema.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Difficult to say really. I seem to be the opposite of most people in terms of defining a 'boring' movie.

Personally I found these films incredibly boring because they are monotonous. They feature the same type of thing over and over again. And if that thing is something that bores the viewer, you're going to lose out. Normally it's repeated action scenes / fighting / battles / quick editing. My brain finds them incredibly boring, especially when the set pieces aren't that technically impressive and are just laden with CGI instead of clever crew work. I'm also a fan of slow cinema (Weraseethakul / Bi Gan / Tsai Ming-liang) so typical slow films don't bother me in the slightest. I fully expect some people to claim I'm trying to be contrary / controversial just for the sake of it. But I genuinely found these films extremely boring:

Hacksaw Ridge
Baby Driver
The Avengers
Everything, Everywhere all At Once
Lucy
Upgrade
Once
Bird Box
Sully
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Rush
Star Wars the Last Jedi

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Here's a list of the most boring movies:
The Wizard of Oz
Dracula
Breakdown
The Shining
Edge of Tomorrow
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
PlayTime
Zoolander
Starship Troopers
Seven Samurai
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Reservoir Dogs
Harold and Maude
Gloria
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Hereditary
Phantom of the Paradise
The Blair Witch Project
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Evil Dead
Aliens
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Terminator
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnarok
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Come and See
The Night of the Hunter
I Am Cuba
Citizen Kane
2001: A Space Odyssey
Three Colors: Blue
Woman in the Dunes
Seven Samurai
Casablanca
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Pan's Labyrinth
Little Big Man
Dog Day Afternoon
All Quiet on the Western Front
City of God
An American Werewolf in London
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Boyhood
12 Angry Men
Parasite
Stalker
Eraserhead
The Tree of Life
Late Spring
Wavelength
Persona
Vertigo
Double Indemnity
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Here's a list of the most boring movies:
The Wizard of Oz
Dracula
Breakdown
The Shining
Edge of Tomorrow
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
PlayTime
Zoolander
Starship Troopers
Seven Samurai
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Reservoir Dogs
Harold and Maude
Gloria
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Hereditary
Phantom of the Paradise
The Blair Witch Project
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Evil Dead
Aliens
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Terminator
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnarok
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Come and See
The Night of the Hunter
I Am Cuba
Citizen Kane
Three Colors: Blue
Woman in the Dunes
Seven Samurai
Casablanca
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Pan's Labyrinth
Little Big Man
Dog Day Afternoon
All Quiet on the Western Front
City of God
An American Werewolf in London
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Boyhood
12 Angry Men
Parasite
Out of curiosity, how are you defining boring? Because I recall you being a fan of a number of those films.

Out of curiosity, how are you defining boring? Because I recall you being a fan of a number of those films.
Whatever are the favorite movies of people posting in this thread.

Yes, I'm quite tall. You actually are supposed to use 'tall' instead of 'high' for people, though. A mountain can be high. But a person is tall.

What's the point in behaving like that?
People sure can't take a joke these days...

For what it's worth, I don't think a boring movie exists for me.

Some films are insufferable.

Some films are abysmal.

(And then, there are also many other terrible films outside of the list I posted.)

But a boring film? I'm never bored watching films.

Because the act of watching a movie, even a terrible, disgusting one, is still far from boring.

You know what's boring? Not watching films. Now that's boring.

But watching movies is anything but boring.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Most superhero movies (the MCU, in particular)
Oscar bait biopics
Yeah I don't care much for these either, with the exception of Superman (1978) and Batman (1989).

Yeah, not sure I see the point of lying about your opinion. Is it just to irritate other people?

Every peak requires its valley. Every harem needs its eunuch. Every joke has its butt. And the world needs humor. Would you want to live in a world that doesn't need you? I wouldn't.

Enemy Mine, huh? I always liked this movie and never thought of it as boring.
It's got a few action sequences, but to me, those were my least favorite parts - I was more into the character study and evolving relationship between the two characters as it moves from deadly distrust to friendship.

Sully is an interesting pick... and I have to agree. I was really looking forward to that movie, but somehow they took a really exciting event (a literal miracle) and reduced it down to a slow moving film about a hearing.