The 2022 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

One for the group: Are you thinking of Keke Palmer in the lead or supporting category for Nope?
I always have a hard time distinguishing between those two categories. She is no doubt the main actress in the film, however she seems to have been nominated for more supporting awards, according to Wikipedia at least.

For the record, I would totally be willing to axe both supporting categories for future Film Awards, and just have a best actor and best actress, period. Supporting or lead, it wouldn't matter. If anyone else would prefer that as well, let me know before next January lol.

One for Cosmic: is George Carlin’s American Dream eligible?
I think that's technically a 2-part tv series, since it was nominated for the Emmys and other TV-specific awards.

It starts with "Naatu" and ends with "Naatu".
I could fill my ballot out with memorable scenes from RRR. It'll be hard cutting it to 2-3, but that sequence should be a lock.

There's now just one week left to get your nominations in!

I know a lot of users here are in the US, so the deadline is going to be 11:59pm Pacific. By then I'll already be on my way to work Tuesday morning though, so I'm not going to be too particular about the timestamps of any last-minute ballots. Just get them in!

Sent my list. I went three for each category, just always feels like I am reaching if I go for more than that. Three feels like I still have strong opinions about the films or performances.

Okay I'm going to send something in. Can I nominate this?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22059224/
Russia 1985-1999: TraumaZone

It's like a documentary (miniseries) broken up into chapters (episodes). I don't see anything in the rules that says I can't although I may have selectively ignored it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

It's like a documentary (miniseries) broken up into chapters (episodes). I don't see anything in the rules that says I can't although I may have selectively ignored it.
Unfortunately only films are eligible for these awards, and this is listed as a tv series everywhere I've looked.

I can't believe this is the last weekend before the deadline. Where did the last month go?

If anyone finds a time machine, let me know. I'd love to sneak in a few more films before Monday haha.

I'm gonna try to squeeze in two more Oscar nominees before the deadline.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I can't believe this is the last weekend before the deadline. Where did the last month go?

If anyone finds a time machine, let me know. I'd love to sneak in a few more films before Monday haha.
Look forward to seeing what people came up with collectively.

This is the last call for nominations!

There's less than an hour left before the listed deadline. I am on my way to work however, so if any slackers want to send in a technically late ballot, I probably won't notice the timestamp.

I haven't entered all the data into my spreadsheets yet, but so far we have 30 different films nominated for Best Picture. The variety means that points are pretty low for each film, but it also means that there might be a few surprises when it comes time to reveal the finalists.

I haven't entered all the data into my spreadsheets yet, but so far we have 30 different films nominated for Best Picture. The variety means that points are pretty low for each film, but it also means that there might be a few surprises when it comes time to reveal the finalists.
I look forward to seeing what the noms will be and then I look forward to seeing what we all decide as a whole to win each category. Going to be fun.

I've allowed Suspect's late ballot, since I was waiting on a couple clarifications from previously submitted lists anyway. I have all the data inputted into the spreadsheets now though, so unless someone has a valid reason for missing the deadline, I won't be accepting any more late submissions... unless you send them in the next 8 hours, since I'm heading to work now and won't be tallying the results before then.

I've allowed Suspect's late ballot, since I was waiting on a couple clarifications from previously submitted lists anyway. I have all the data inputted into the spreadsheets now though, so unless someone has a valid reason for missing the deadline, I won't be accepting any more late submissions... unless you send them in the next 8 hours, since I'm heading to work now and won't be tallying the results before then.
So we will see the nominations soon then.....excellent!

Whoops, I was out of town for four days and forgot about the deadline. Too late to submit?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra