Whats the weather like today where you live?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
16° and plummeting. By the time I walk home it will be -3°

That's cold af!

You ready? You look ready.
Today's weather is fur trapper cold

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I’m in Northern Connecticut & it sounds like we all have the same weather. 18 degrees now, feels like 1 degree. Tomorrow will be really cold with a low of -3 & 20 mph winds.

We had an electrical fire underground on our street yesterday. The poor devils from Eversource are still there fixing things. We never lost power though, thank God.

My daily 2 hour walk was beyond description this morning. Not as bad as I thought, but only someone as dumb as me would walk in this.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It was brutally cold here today. My phone showed that it was around 20 degrees this afternoon, but with the wind chill it was about -5 degrees.

It was brutally cold here today. My phone showed that it was around 20 degrees this afternoon, but with the wind chill it was about -5 degrees.
Northern CT was brutal. Not only the weather conditions, but an electrical fire underground on our street caused there to be no electricity on Saturday morning. We have an all-electric house so we had no lights or heat. Without a doubt, I never was so cold in my life.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Northern CT was brutal. Not only the weather conditions, but an electrical fire underground on our street caused there to be no electricity on Saturday morning. We have an all-electric house so we had no lights or heat. Without a doubt, I never was so cold in my life.

Wow, that must have been awful.

We had something similar during a cold winter a few years ago, when the power went out on our street due to an accident down the block that knocked it out, but at least Con Ed put a temporary generator on our block that gave us power until they could get it fixed. It took them almost three days, but they left the generator there until they got our normal power back up and running.

Wow, that must have been awful.

We had something similar during a cold winter a few years ago, when the power went out on our street due to an accident down the block that knocked it out, but at least Con Ed put a temporary generator on our block that gave us power until they could get it fixed. It took them almost three days, but they left the generator there until they got our normal power back up and running.
Eversource has a few generators going 24/7, but they’re for the underground problems, not for us. Someone has to stay in the accompanying truck 24/7 with all its lights blazing in case someone tries to steal the generator.

I actually feel ashamed for complaining about half a day’s problems. In several places around our lovely states, people are without power for weeks! And I’m bitching about a few hours.

Eversource has a few generators going 24/7, but they’re for the underground problems, not for us. Someone has to stay in the accompanying truck 24/7 with all its lights blazing in case someone tries to steal the generator.

I actually feel ashamed for complaining about half a day’s problems. In several places around our lovely states, people are without power for weeks! And I’m bitching about a few hours.
A few years back during a winter's ice storm we were without power or heat for 3 days...the house got down to 48 degrees, inside!

A few years back during a winter's ice storm we were without power or heat for 3 days...the house got down to 48 degrees, inside!
48? Wow, our house was 40 & dropping.

Seriously though 48 is horrible especially for 3 days.

One good thing about ours - the weather was dry.

48? Wow, our house was 40 & dropping.

Seriously though 48 is horrible especially for 3 days.

One good thing about ours - the weather was dry.
Your house got down to 40, now that's cold! Our house wasn't 48 on the 1st day, it gradually got colder and colder

Your house got down to 40, now that's cold! Our house wasn't 48 on the 1st day, it gradually got colder and colder
We actually have a wood furnace in the basement but husband doesn’t use it anymore. In any event, even if he made a fire it still requires an electric pump to force the heat through the house.

Winter is over, time to lose like usual /jk
Should start heating up now.
Where do you live that “winter is over”?

Huge difference here in Connecticut today. Sixty degrees!

well today it was 36 c our hottest month
102 Fahrenheit approximately. That is toasty.

We have 48 degrees, but it feels colder due to the damn wind. Not a bad week coming up though for CT.