Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

Fincher was considered for the Spider Man series multiple times, but he never liked Spidey's origin story so he passed.

...oh.
Clearly, I learned nothing.

Also, Sloopy likes to go bra-less.

Also, Sloopy likes to go bra-less.
Interesting, but did you know that the song is the official rock song of Ohio? No? Thought so.

I always thought that song was about 'Snoopy' as in the dog in the Peanuts cartoons. So that begs the question, what is a 'sloopy'? I've not heard that term before.
Wasn’t it simply someone’s name?

Yeah, I guess it was, but it strikes me as so odd that I'm wondering if it was a 1960s slang term for something?
According to Wiki, the song was originally called “My Girl Sloopy”.

I'd run across The Jack Carson Show at one time too when I was looking to see what movies he was in. BTW he's always good in the movies and in Romance on the High Seas. We might need a thread for actors who had their own shows named after them!

Dick Powell's wife June Allyson also had her own TV show
The DuPont Show with June Allyson (TV Series) 1959
Speaking of people having their own variety shows - anyone remember Ron Howard having his own "Ronny Howard" show when he was a kid?

This is actually a gag - "The Ronny Howard Show" was kind of a fantasy segment / skit of the Danny Kaye Show.

Ha, that was pretty funny! Ron Howard was a talent even way back then.
I just came across it yesterday. I was taken in at first thinking it had been an actual show. But I'd never seen this before so it was something I just found out & learned about recently.
Donna Butterworth = very talented little girl. A shame she passed away in 2018 at age 62.

I just came across it yesterday. I was taken in at first thinking it had been an actual show. But I'd never seen this before so it was something I just found out & learned about recently.
Donna Butterworth = very talented little girl. A shame she passed away in 2018 at age 62.
Oh gosh, that is too bad. It seems every time I watch an older movie and then read about the actors lives, I read something dismal. On a positive note, Donna's mother was Mrs Butterworth

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Speaking of people having their own variety shows - anyone remember Ron Howard having his own "Ronny Howard" show when he was a kid?

This is actually a gag - "The Ronny Howard Show" was kind of a fantasy segment / skit of the Danny Kaye Show.

I don't think I've ever seen any episodes of The Danny Kaye Show.

Ron Howard was adorable when he was a kid. Thanks for sharing.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I just learned this a second ago from Gideon, but I always thought Christian Bale was American. After all, he is "American Psycho". What a fun satire on the 80s.

"Just say no" and how he described that awful music like a yuppie would, criticizing Peter Gabriel Genesis, is like criticizing Roger Waters Pink Floyd.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
the screenplay for Stuart Little (1999) was written by M. Night Shyamalan

If I had a million guesses for who wrote the screenplay for Stuart Little (1999), I never would have guessed M. Night Shyamalan.

This one contains a few things I just learned:

1. There was a 1970 Saturday morning cartoon called "Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down".
The cartoon was based upon the 1965 movie The Family Jewels - where Jerry Lewis played multiple parts. But the ironic thing is Lewis did not voice the cartoon - so the idea that all the different characters are him (or played by him) does not apply especially since all the characters related back to Lewis aren't even all voiced by the same actor - which makes the entire premise a bit odd!

2. The voice of "Jerry Lewis" was performed by the late David Lander. Lander was best known for his role as "Squiggy" on the Laverne & Shirley TV show. (It's said that the real Jerry Lewis felt Lander did a better version of Lewis's voice when he was younger than he did himself). Most of the other male voices for the series were provided by Howard Morris (who played Lewis's father in 1963's The Nutty Professor) .

3. I also don't think it was an accident that the show's theme song sounds very much like it was done by Gary Lewis and the Playboys (even though it wasn't)!

Toss bananas in a blender, add a squirt of lemon juice, liquefy. 6 bananas makes 1 pint. Toss in freezer, let half thaw, great ice cream substitute. Yum